Worst trends in hot rodding over the years

-
And let's not forget that any wheel larger then 15 inches looks like CRAP on a muscle car
Although I have seen a lot I don't like, I have seen a lot of cars with 17" rims that looked pretty good. But to me, it's part of the whole package. The wheels have to compliment the car, if you know what I mean, not just be an add on.

Huge ugly-*** exposed turbo systems
View attachment 1715859037
upload_2022-1-25_21-51-50-jpeg.jpg

Reminds me of something
?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.shroomery.org%2Ffiles%2F14-27%2F430615848-Danzig-Skull.jpg

Again I'm not full of hate and discontent but if you'd like to read that into it by all means you just don't understand my sense of humor. Maybe your Dodge drives like crap cuz you work on it? Chevy's ..they Ride Like cars when they're trucks.. bounce all over loaded...the frame cracks.. you must not have loa
Again I'm not full of hate and discontent but if you'd like to read that into it by all means you just don't understand my sense of humor. Maybe your Dodge drives like crap cuz you work on it? Chevy's ..they Ride Like cars when they're trucks.. bounce all over loaded...the frame cracks.. you must not have loaded anything but aluminum sheet metal perhaps. Idk.
Yeah that's it... All I could find was sheets of aluminum.. LOL... I mean my phone was literally ringing off the hook of people who wanted me to pick up their sheets of aluminum.... I mean I see scrap metal trucks all over town full of sheets of aluminum.... I think the bad driving characteristics of Dodge trucks of the '90s era were due to their design... Not the people working on them...
But whatever you want to make up to fit your narrative...

Your last three posts provide us with a great insight on your hate and discontent... I really feel bad for how bitter you are...
My last square body Chevy was one of the best trucks I ever had.. I hold tons of scrap metal with it for years and years.. never had a problem with it and it drove smooth almost as if it was like a car... I love my Dodge truck and wouldn't trade it for anything but it drives like crap...
Save it. She is just mad because someone dropped a house on her sister? (Let's test that "Sense of humor?") Lol.

How about the lifted up trucks running 28" rims with 20 series tires on them? You usually see them parked in front of a big ranch home......

How about the lifted up trucks running 28" rims with 20 series tires on them? You usually see them parked in front of a big ranch home......

I don't like 4x4s on huge wheels.

I LOVE old single cab duallys on '22 Alcoa Semi wheels tho!

My truck

w_iG-Go6UaKgUzzXNEIofa8FKpKJPzT7ZYjAxycfnJZ_wKTXnSpwWcEqwXiJHC6owFuJHON=w1264-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Same year/spec with 22' Alcoas

?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffordracin.com%2F89f3502.jpg

Isn't that an improvement? Looks HORRIBLE on some newer trucks

I pulled this RoadRunner out of Phenix City, Alabama 2014. While driving to Alabama someone stole the 14" Rally rims and tires from car. Owner put these 18" on. They actually worked ok. (Except you could see thru slots at the small drum brakes that looked odd.) The peril white paint helped with the styling. And they were poor performing. But some liked the newer look. I got car going decent enough to sell. I never felt the love with that car. The 383 was average at best. Base model '69 RR. Console automatic. Those rims would look almost hideous on my '69 GTX, Duster or Cuda. So yes, paint and trim makes a big difference.

RoadRunner front quarter.jpg

I pulled this RoadRunner out of Phenix City, Alabama 2014. While driving to Alabama someone stole the 14" Rally rims and tires from car. Owner put these 18" on. They actually worked ok. (Except you could see thru slots at the small drum brakes that looked odd.) The peril white paint helped with the styling. And they were poor performing. But some liked the newer look. I got car going decent enough to sell. I never felt the love with that car. The 383 was average at best. Base model '69 RR. Console automatic. Those rims would look almost hideous on my '69 GTX, Duster or Cuda. So yes, paint and trim makes a big difference.

View attachment 1715859661
Yeah that's rough. Cool car, but the wheels just flushed it. No offense.

Yeah that's rough. Cool car, but the wheels just flushed it. No offense.
None taken. It wasn't my doing. And I appreciated the then owner doing the best he could with a bad situation. Like I said. It worked ok. ("Ok" is never a ringing endorsement.)

None taken. It wasn't my doing. And I appreciated the then owner doing the best he could with a bad situation. Like I said. It worked ok. ("Ok" is never a ringing endorsement.)
I understand. As John Wayne said, "Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". lol

I understand. As John Wayne said, "Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". lol
We did. Including my efforts with the car. The wheels were at least a more classic style rally slot design. They were just big at 18". I got most component electrical going. But never got the "Beep Beep" horn to work. (I think the horn itself was shot.) But all lights and signals. The car's body was actually in decent shape. But the underneath and engine compartment was showing age and getting crusty. But like I mentioned. I never got that Mopar connection with the car. Putted it around for a couple 3 years then sold when I got GTX. (A much better connection.) And that's the story of my one and only RoadRunner.

We did. Including my efforts with the car. The wheels were at least a more classic style rally slot design. They were just big at 18". I got most component electrical going. But never got the "Beep Beep" horn to work. (I think the horn itself was shot.) But all lights and signals. The car's body was actually in decent shape. But the underneath and engine compartment was showing age and getting crusty. But like I mentioned. I never got that Mopar connection with the car. Putted it around for a couple 3 years then sold when I got GTX. (A much better connection.) And that's the story of my one and only RoadRunner.
I've always wanted a dead base model 68, 383 4 speed with 3.91 gears. Bone stock.

I'd love to take that Roadrunner to a car show with a lumpy cam and tapping the pedal a little bit to make the front end jump off the ground! Lol
Man, I was at Garlits about 12 years ago, and this guy had an A/FX car, blown, with Hillborne fuel injection. Running , I think, nitro methane. He had a spray bottle, squirter a bit down each stack. When that mother Fired, it shook the Ground!

Although I have seen a lot I don't like, I have seen a lot of cars with 17" rims that looked pretty good. But to me, it's part of the whole package. The wheels have to compliment the car, if you know what I mean, not just be an add on.
But the whole package has to have the proper ratio of rim to tire

And once the rims get too big, the tires get to small and it looks off

Honestly, it doesn't matter if we are talking classic muscle, modern muscle or even truck...that ratio doesn't seem to change

The worst trend is the modern day lack of understanding and the meaning of historical descriptive definitions that results in their misuse:

“Hot Rod” and “Classic”.

It’s interesting that “Hot Rod” has EVERYTHING to do with age: Pre 1949. IE: Not a 1978 Camaro.

Also interesting that “Classic” has NOTHING to do with age. But again: Still not a 1978 Camaro.

“Classic” definition: “A work of the highest class and of acknowledged excellence”.

Today it seems that every old car with some years on it is referred to as a “Classic”.

Back in the day 6 or 7 vehicle type ID’s were in everyday use and in everyone’s vocabulary. What happened?

Just another example of dumbing down and the rewriting of history.

9A8EB2D1-AAA9-4610-A46D-3398A64FCFF6.jpeg
I resemble the bigger than 15” wheels remark. I like my 17s and have seen a lot of darts and duster with 18s that look really bad ***.

-
Back