Worst trends in hot rodding over the years

-
I will admit in 87’ I had a 63 Nova and had the duel bladed white windshield wipers on it and the fake braided hose kit and the Crome T-handle valve cover bolts. Maroon carpet with light grey seats with maroon stripes and a Kenwood with Rockford speakers. I couldn’t put 6x9s in rear console because that’s the place the only air vents were. Man I would be jamming out and the AC on and my mullet blowing forward. Good times!

They came on the car when I bought it. I thought they were 15's when I first saw them. Then I took a closer look.
My GTX when I bought had its stock 14" rim size. But a day or two later I noticed the rear sits about 1"-2" higher. The springs are stock. But then noticed 15" rims and taller 28" tire on rear. Back in the day we were told not to do this. But car drives great. A true highway commando. It has buried its 150 speedo at 6,000 RPM. (Now both speedometer and tach are 50 year old stock. So take it with a grain of salt?) But GPS did confirm 140+MPH. And car was VERY stable. Only fear of tire failure and some sounds of valve float stopped its climb. My first GTX was not happy at 130 MPH. With noticeable drivetrain vibration. Both with 3.54:1 Dana rear and A833 4-speed.

Driver sidel.jpg

Last edited:
My GTX when I bought had its stock 14" rim size. But a day or two later I noticed the rear sits about 1"-2" higher. The springs are stock. But then noticed 15" rims and taller 28" tire on rear. Back in the day we were told not to do this. But car drives great. A true high commando. It has buried its 150 speedo at 6,000 RPM. (Now both speedometer and tach are 50 year old stock. So take it with a grain of salt?) But GPS did confirm 140+MPH. And car was VERY stable. Only fear of tire failure and some sounds of valve float stopped its climb. My first GTX was not happy at 130 MPH. With noticeable drivetrain vibration. Both with 3.54:1 Dana rear and A833 4-speed.

View attachment 1715859879

Beautiful car.. My buddy had a 68 GTX Coupe 426 4 speed. He buried the needle into the dash several times. He took me out onto the hwy one dark night and the broken white line went into a straight line. Scary stuff at that speed.
He landed up rolling it, he hit second gear and went sideways onto the soft shoulder and over it went at least once and landed on the roof. Never got a scratch on him, maybe if he wasn't drunk he would have got hurt.

I've always wanted to see a cutoff point at cruise nights, pisses me off to see the new Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, Mustangs, and the import crowd taking up huge amounts of space while the older ones have no place to park.

There is a growing movement. Lots of people are pissed off at the "scenes" and have had enough.

Beautiful car.. My buddy had a 68 GTX Coupe 426 4 speed. He buried the needle into the dash several times. He took me out onto the hwy one dark night and the broken white line went into a straight line. Scary stuff at that speed.
He landed up rolling it, he hit second gear and went sideways onto the soft shoulder and over it went at least once and landed on the roof. Never got a scratch on him, maybe if he wasn't drunk he would have got hurt.
I only wish mine was a hemi. The 440 is badass enough. My current GTX is not even close to numbers matching. So a decent candidate for a performance upgrade to a Gen II hemi? Now if I can just find that extra $20k? I know I had it laying around somewhere?

Last edited:
Maybe @MOPAROFFICIAL disagreed with your statement those people are also car enthusiasts?
If he did then he is still stupid.
I don't like imports, low riders or diesel quad cab long bed coal rollers on 24" wheels but these people spend some money on their cars. They are enthusiasts.

^^^^ Exactly! Seen the *** motorsports logo but dont google that! :eek:

Today you've topped yourself.

Usually... you're just creepy in your lust for sex talk...
Me...Creepy.
Yeah. The following are YOUR words, dude.

Women are here for our pleasure and servitude
  1. 46768.jpg

MOPAROFFICIALFABO Gold MemberFABO Gold Member
    So the title is a setup for the big picture and the post is the details.. I like me a submissive woman....I like a woman with reasonably big *** too, not a fatty... not a one dimensional body type where it's a sweet back shot and then the side profile looks like the *** is on backwards or stomach is as big as the her ***... she can have big or small tits.. but she has to have nice pert nipples and an *** on her, a juicy ***... and she better like it eaten and fucked like her pussy!!
Yeah. "Women are here for our pleasure and servitude".
I'd say the same thing but laugh while doing it. You seem to actually believe it.
The disagree function on this forum gets OVER-used by self important blowhards that rarely have the balls to explain themselves. I'll give you credit that you at least responded.
To me, your posts to have less value than a 1978 Dodge Challenger.

View attachment 1715859732
I resemble the bigger than 15” wheels remark. I like my 17s and have seen a lot of darts and duster with 18s that look really bad ***.
That looks great. I have a 69 FB. Tell me more about your combo here or in a PM. Do the front tires ever rub? That setup would look great on my car. Your car is what I mean by 'part of the package'.

But the whole package has to have the proper ratio of rim to tire

And once the rims get too big, the tires get to small and it looks off

Honestly, it doesn't matter if we are talking classic muscle, modern muscle or even truck...that ratio doesn't seem to change
We'll just have to agree to disagree this time. Like I said, there are a lot of cars that bigger rims don't look great on, but a nice A Body with 17s can look nice.

We'll just have to agree to disagree this time. Like I said, there are a lot of cars that bigger rims don't look great on, but a nice A Body with 17s can look nice.
It is strange how a small difference in color/model or stance changes prospective. Some cars can sport the large rim package better than others. Typically luxury cars do better because (I believe) of their overall body size can support. But my A-body? I couldn't imagine 17/18s looking anything but odd?

Recycler.JPG

-
Back