You gotta love peoples "car knowledge"

-
I was looking for front fenders for my 72' dart, and I was at a car show and met a guy who said he had two he would sell me, and I called him later and he said, they are a little different but they will still work, and I said, different? how? and he said, well thses are off a duster won't these work?,,, sadly he was a mopar guy who happened to own a 70' 440 challenger, lol!

:pirate:

bumper.jpg

Figured you would have sobered up by now...

Relax... never did I call anyone a derogatory name or personally attack anyone

Funny how 1 guy says he doesn't like something and 3-5 others let in on they're disapproval of the 1 guys taste.

amazing.

besides this thread was an argument in progress over who knew the most about chevys or what ever...

read the title of the thread

Relax... never did I call anyone a derogatory name or personally attack anyone

Funny how 1 guy says he doesn't like something and 3-5 others let in on they're disapproval of the 1 guys taste.

amazing.

besides this thread was an argument in progress over who knew the most about chevys or what ever...

read the title of the thread

I am relaxed, I'm sure most of us could have done without seeing a dog crap, and it's not even funny...

Sometimes he'd suggest some bs part would work, and I would then ask say..."Oh, whats next, a chrome diff cover for a Ford 9 inch?" He'd just stare at me.

I like messin' with people, told my nephew one time to look in my tool box and bring me a pair of "wire strechers" ,needless to say he never did find a pair.. [/QUOTE]

but don't like it when people mess with you...

but don't like it when people mess with you...[/QUOTE]

At some point, it's time to quit beating a dead horse and move on with your life... You seem to be the only one obsessed with the dead horse...

When discussing muscle cars versus modern day supercars I always throw in "well yeah that's all fine and good but after 1980 something all engines were measured in metric horsepower".I either get a real weird look or the dummies who don't know what they're talkin bout just keep running with it.LOL

The other day I was driving to save-mart in my Valiant, and some guy in a 3 gen camaro asked me what kind of engine did my chevy II have, where did I get the grill on my car, and why did it say "plymouth" on my trunk. Trying not make the guy look bad in front of chick, I smiled and told him the grill was stock and the engine is a /6. The guy's head tilted on one side and asked me what that was. I told him that it's a in-line engine and at the end he asked me if I was sure, so I opended the hood, they guy rambled that my engine was built wrong. And chevy never built a engine that had a tilt like that. I closed my hood and laughed. Then he tells me and points to his car (the one he drove in) his SS stock 454 camaro would spank my car. I just had to walk away on that one. This guy look like a "Joe Dirt" type of guy.

Sometimes people's "knowledge" or lack thereof can be beneficial! Years ago, while living in BC, I moved to a house out in the sticks, and needed to get my cars there. Of course, since it was cheaper, I just swapped plates to do so. Registered vehicle was a brown 69 Cuda, and the one I was "transporting" was a brown 74 Duster.

My luck, as I hit the cloverleaf to get on #1, there was a spot check setup, and I got waved over. The officer asked for the usual license and registration so I gave him my Barracuda registration. He walked over to the back of the car and made sure the license plate matched the one on the registration. I got out of the car and started some small talk, when it seemed to be taking longer than I hoped, I strategically leaned against the driver A-pillar area in my most casual manner. He started talking cars, and after giving the Duster a thorough walk around, told me how it brought back memories of his brother's Barracuda, except his was some other color..

Nw normally, I would throw out some sarcastic remark, but I figured I'd be nice and just let it go.. :0 So after a little BS on my part on the styling, power etc. of the old girl, he gave me back my stuff and said goodbye. Guess the Duster badges weren't enough of a clue.

Grant

Speaking of joe dirt (sorry guys I'm going off topic for a moment).. Me and my second wife were motel hoppin in bristol VA once jus cause we were bored, I saw a 70-Superbird, rusted out quarter panels, miss matched mags, blue, red and gray primer, the guy was driving it around like it was his everyday beater, didn't look like it had been washed in 15 years.. That was too COOL....

Had a Mopar club president tell me that all Plymouth Scamps came with 340s, lol. I didn't argue with him, whatever. I actually thought it was funny.

-
Back