You gotta love peoples "car knowledge"

-
Ya I had a guy tell me he had a barracuda back in the day. I asked when that was and he said "56 I think, may have been 57" I told him "Ya that was a good year for fish stories!"

hey!, my dad was at work a while back and was talking about me owning a dart, and the guy said, dart? really? my dad owned one of those! he used to drag race little punk kids and make extra money!, my dad asked, what engine did it have? the guy said, a 442, my dad said, you mean a 440? with maybe a two barrel? and the guy said, no! it said on the side 442 four barrel!, and my dad said, isn't that an oldsmobile? and he said, dodge, oldsmobile, same thing! LOL!!

well I will say that I KNOW that chevy never made a BB 400. I only stated that the emblems on a truck I have here say 400, yet its a factory 402 BB truck....that's all.

I know a bit about alot of manufacturers....I work on ALL of them...

wow guys, didn't know I hit a sore spot..

Why are people getting so pissy about a short discussion regarding Chevy engines? This is a thread about misinformation you encounter from the general public, of any kind.

As a matter of fact I used to be into Chevrolet before I got into Mopars, I had a '66 Malibu when I was 18. I still like alot of GM cars (mostly Pontiacs), alot of Ford cars, and even AMC cars. Hell...theres quite a few imports I happen to think are pretty damn cool.

I will always like them, and if someone else doesn't share my interest in them, then that's just too f*#^ing bad. Of course I won't make threads about other makes of cars on this website, but I definitely don't follow the "mopar or no car" mentality. Life is too short for that ****. I learned a long time ago that hating on other makes in order to show your devotion to your chosen one is juvenile and stupid. EVERY domestic manufacturer that was still around by the '60s made something cool and desirable. Grow up and appreciate.

chevys are dookie logs on wheels.

pontiacs are just garbage barges & have WAY HEAVY rotating assemblies.

oldsmobile's are septic tanks on wheels & have glass bottom ends that grenade over 5500 rpm.

buicks, well....who the hell want to drive one of those???? BUT at least they had the 430 wild cat motor to destroy the moldsmobile & ponticrack guys.

Ya can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear...
and you can't polish a turd, so...

thats why mopar rules!

signed, stupid juvinile

I agree with 451cuda, life is too short and cars are too much fun!, besides hijacking a thread is mean and insensative, how about the time I asked for the rubber engine mounts for my 318, and they gave me engine mounts for a 96 toyota? HA!

I had one guy tell me that i shouldn't have a ford 273 in my vert that /6 was the only thing that would fit a push button trans car and that 273 was too big for my car then he ask if i got it out of a truck or bus as the 273 was a motor for truck use.
all i could do was smile my wife just walked away DA??????

Got estimate at one body shop and the guy has a Duster or 2, asks me "what year is that a 72?" I wish probably would be a lot rarer to have a 72 Dodge Dart GT CONVERTIBLE.

Old pudgy guy looked at our 383 in the duster where there is a 383 emblem, chuckled and said HEMI! De de deee. Another guy called it a dodge duster demon.

chevys are dookie logs on wheels.

pontiacs are just garbage barges & have WAY HEAVY rotating assemblies.

oldsmobile's are septic tanks on wheels & have glass bottom ends that grenade over 5500 rpm.

buicks, well....who the hell want to drive one of those???? BUT at least they had the 430 wild cat motor to destroy the moldsmobile & ponticrack guys.

Ya can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear...
and you can't polish a turd, so...

thats why mopar rules!

signed, stupid juvinile

Dear Mr. Juvinile.

Whether you believe it or not back in the days when Musclecars were rolling off the lines they all made fast cars and I honesty don't think any one particular marque was better than another. It's just all in what you liked and wanted. I've seen every brands top dog beat the other brands top dog musclecar serveral times over. I believe that in the hobby that we are in at this point in time, we should not be bashing other makes and start banding together before the government legislates our cars to a museum rather than letting us drive them. That said, I've never owned a Mopar until 2 years ago. I've always been a GM guy but I liked this 65 Cuda so I bought it. I've had a bunch of Chevys, a few Pontiacs, 2 Buicks, and one Olds 442 and I liked em all. I wouldn't turn my nose up at any other brand either if the price was right. I'd love to have a 67 or 68 Cougar or stang, early Javelin or AMX? Yup. You need to get your head around the fact that nothing on the road is cooler than an old musclecar, no matter what factory it came out of.

P.S. I help run one of the biggest Chevy sites on the net (Chevytalk.com) and when I bought my 65 Barracuda I never got one bad word from our members. Actually I got a ton of support about it and still do. A car is a car, it's just a chunk of iron.

Regards
Red

theres lots of miss information out there you just got to try to help educate them. but yes there is some idiots out there.

I like messin' with people, told my nephew one time to look in my tool box and bring me a pair of "wire strechers" ,needless to say he never did find a pair..

Dear Mr. Juvinile.

Whether you believe it or not back in the days when Musclecars were rolling off the lines they all made fast cars and I honesty don't think any one particular marque was better than another. It's just all in what you liked and wanted. I've seen every brands top dog beat the other brands top dog musclecar serveral times over. I believe that in the hobby that we are in at this point in time, we should not be bashing other makes and start banding together before the government legislates our cars to a museum rather than letting us drive them. That said, I've never owned a Mopar until 2 years ago. I've always been a GM guy but I liked this 65 Cuda so I bought it. I've had a bunch of Chevys, a few Pontiacs, 2 Buicks, and one Olds 442 and I liked em all. I wouldn't turn my nose up at any other brand either if the price was right. I'd love to have a 67 or 68 Cougar or stang, early Javelin or AMX? Yup. You need to get your head around the fact that nothing on the road is cooler than an old musclecar, no matter what factory it came out of.

P.S. I help run one of the biggest Chevy sites on the net (Chevytalk.com) and when I bought my 65 Barracuda I never got one bad word from our members. Actually I got a ton of support about it and still do. A car is a car, it's just a chunk of iron.

Regards
Red

Yes Yes Yes we have to band together to keep the muscle cars alive. with all the new emissions laws it wont belong before they start going after the old stuff.

I have realized just how out of hand this thread has gotten due to ignorance and stubbornness...I apologize if I was included in all of this. I also realized how narrow minded and pig headed some are on here.

I happen to work on every brand of american car that exists and always will, because they all have something great and unique. I love mopars to death but not trying to be an *** about it....

Remember folks we are all on the same side...a passion for classic cars.

I'm with you on this one fastback. Mopars are my passion and have been since
1970. But I have owned Gm's and Ford's thorough the years also. I managed a parts store for 3 years in the 70's and was a service manager at a GM dealer for 13 years in the late 70's throught the 80's. I don't know everything but I am not stupid and I will stand up for what I know is right. Enough said! Mike

Dear Mr. Juvinile.

Regards
Red

I'm glad you like everything, it's your right to and it doesn't even have to make sense.
You not getting flack from most of the chevy site tells me that you have a smart bunch, maybe stubborn to keep running chevys.. but still smart enough to know how superior mopars are to most everything else.

As for this hobby and old cars/era's seeing their end....good luck fighting that one, or should I say ..good luck fighting the almighty dollar...cause thats what wins in the end, as for me?I will enjoy this while it lasts as should everyone else...look what happened to all our previous forms of transportation....it ended up in a museum.
btw check out the peterson automotive museum next time you r in LA, great display, I go once a year.

why am I so loyal to mopars? cause the rest have left me stranded due to design failures and the all brand x'rs I asked for help [before I knew how] didn't know squat about about the cars the championed ...
oh and I'd rather drive a volvo than anything gm...

people can like and dislike what they want, wrap your head around that.

I have realized just how out of hand this thread has gotten due to ignorance and stubbornness...I apologize if I was included in all of this. I also realized how narrow minded and pig headed some are on here.

I happen to work on every brand of american car that exists and always will, because they all have something great and unique. I love mopars to death but not trying to be an *** about it....

Remember folks we are all on the same side...a passion for classic cars.

I happen to work on all cars too, I just choose to drive mopars.
I'll tell you what...there are just as many dumb sht know nothing mopar guys out there as with any other brand following.
I think some of you need to find the 'clasic car site' and leave this one for the mopar guys, but thats just my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just like the rest of you.

btw apology accepted. 8)

back on topic 'before people got their feelings hurt'...

We had a guy on here tell someone who wanted to use la heads on a magnum to just drill the deck of the block, and get this....'by using the head as the guide' HA HA HA
they are at 2 different angles, you would end up in water!

Whatever floats your boat 1Wild. It seems a shame for someone to go through the car hobby with such tunnelvision though. They've all got thier flaws. I just prefer to have an open mind about it, you don't and that's your right. No worries guy, every marques people have similar thoughts as you, I just ain't one of em even though I prefer Chevys.

Lol.... It always cracks me up when you boys get all hot and bothered over your brand wars reminds me of when I was in school. All the little girls would argue "my Jordache jeans are better than your Gasoline jeans" "no! my gasoline jeans are better than your Jordache"
LOL children are so silly!! :binky:

Whatever floats your boat 1Wild. It seems a shame for someone to go through the car hobby with such tunnelvision though. They've all got thier flaws. I just prefer to have an open mind about it, you don't and that's your right. No worries guy, every marques people have similar thoughts as you, I just ain't one of em even though I prefer Chevys.

hey...I just think it's funny how facts don't mean squat to people...

U can convince a man against his will, but he will believe the same still.

so true, btw this a mopar site so how can you expect people not to razz & taunt you?

the old rivalry...

All the little girls would argue "my Jordache jeans are better than your Gasoline jeans" "no! my gasoline jeans are better than your Jordache"

The girls weren't little but I didn't care which jeans they wore as long as they were off! Horny boys don't discrimnate.

-
Back