Your Dogs Ever Steal From You?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Yep, it's about that time for me to post a bunch of dog threads... :clock:

I've been wondering where the hell all my black work socks have been going. I was thinking is the dryer eating them then today, I found them all hid under the couch. My regular everyday socks have never been touched.

I think it was the Maxinator but I can't prove it.

I used to work on this guy;s car that had a really cool wire haired terrier.

He would take my tools when I was not looking and hide them all over the yard.

His owner would make him go retrieve them and he would LOL.

Joe,.....no wet food for a week! Make them sleep in corners, and clean up their own mess! LOL.......

Most memorable loss was 3 pork chops off my supper plate. The wife was away, so I was eating in the family room watching a game on TV. Went out to the kitchen for just a minute, came back to find all three pork chops gone, and my black Lab sitting there looking like she knew nothing about it.
Funny how they do that.

wow i must be a redneck i aint never heard of black socks

Lol, I always had a pair for weddings and funerals then got into IT and Telecom and it's become a neccesity. As long as the checks don't bounce, I'll do it...

I used to work on this guy;s car that had a really cool wire haired terrier.

He would take my tools when I was not looking and hide them all over the yard.

His owner would make him go retrieve them and he would LOL.

THAT is cool. Smart dog!

Joe,.....no wet food for a week! Make them sleep in corners, and clean up their own mess! LOL.......

Wet food? 75 lbs of wet food a month would break me, lol. I can't wait to take them camping and Dok-X was kind enough to find a Merlin size backpack..... They WILL earn their money.... eventually, lol. :read2:

Most memorable loss was 3 pork chops off my supper plate. The wife was away, so I was eating in the family room watching a game on TV. Went out to the kitchen for just a minute, came back to find all three pork chops gone, and my black Lab sitting there looking like she knew nothing about it.
Funny how they do that.

I know that these chops were on the DANG COFFEE TABLE, lol. :toothy10: I fought Maximus for a peice of bread I dropped once.... She's always respected me since. :-D Well, pretty much anyway... 8)

Socks , underwear, pretty much anything that isn't bolted down Sally will take and hide in her bed. Frank will just take a random sock, fling it up in the air, play with it for a little while then leave it. With Sally you just never see the damn thing again!

Photo0235.jpg

:thumbup: Funny stuff ramcharger and yes, about time!! Only stealing the black socks....hmmmm. Guessing the Maxi wants you home w/ her?

360scamp, Your pup Sally looks alot like mine. I'm not sure on her breed, but she does have some Heeler traits......

Pups 107.jpg

Socks , underwear, pretty much anything that isn't bolted down Sally will take and hide in her bed. Frank will just take a random sock, fling it up in the air, play with it for a little while then leave it. With Sally you just never see the damn thing again!

Once I posted about "big mean kitty" being torn apart.... I'm still finding a leg here, a paw there, lol.

Sounds like Sally's on mission. I figured Maximus was just pissed about me being at work. Anything that resembled me leaving, she would hide.

Dig a little deeper in Sally's head..... I'ts probably not much deeper than mine. :-D

Edit:

Sally was mistreated and left alone for a long time... She is taking things for fear that it will happen again and these things keep her feeling as part of the pack. They are her bone and piece of the pack that she feels cannot be taken away from her, that's why she hides it.

My late Lab used to take socks, especially black or brown boot socks. It was partly my fault because when he was a puppy, I'd tie an old boot sock in a knot for him to fetch.

He also devoured a bowl of cheese off the coffee table in about 2.3 seconds once.

Female Irish Setter my 'ex' and I had years ago would eat the kids socks whole, but usually only one of them. You would gather clothes up to do the wash and only find one sock sometimes.
A few days later it would be out in the yard after passing through the dog. We just threw it away then, didn't bother with washing it.

The first Rhodesian Ridgeback I had could countersurf with the best. You could not leave any food on the kitchen counter. He didn't get all the way up on the counter but was big enough to reach anything on the counters with his front feet on the counter. He even learned how to open the toaster oven and steal toast out of it.
One Sunday, my current wife left a beef roast down in the kitchen sink to thaw so we could fix Pot Roast for dinner. When she went in to start cooking, it as gone! Plastic wrap and all. We found the plastic wrap out in the middle of one of his 'land mines' a couple of days later.
Our current Ridgeback doesn't do that at all even though he's even taller. He can just get his nose over the edge of the kitchen counter with all four feet on the floor. He "sees" what's on the counter with his nose but doesn't bother it.

I have to hide the lugnuts when I remove a wheel from my car. My dog will invariably make off with one or more of them and lose them in the yard somewhere.

Here`s a picture of the knucklehead at the beach right after sampling some seaweed. :toothy10:

015.jpg

Are lab not only makes off with socks and underwear, but tears them to shreds. She really likes the stuffed toys of the grandkids. Anything left in the back yard is fair game to her.
She's comical to watch playing with things out there. I tell the kids, if you don't pick it up don't blame Lilly for chewing it up. Lilly has a ball out there with the kids, plays in the pool and even slides down the slide. We have a spot where there is just dirt for the kids to dig in
Lilly gets right in the hole with em and man does the dirt fly!

I have a Boston terrior who is the smartest, sweetest most loveable sneeky lil ***** around. My friends wife watches her every weekend and she steals stuff from them all the time and takes it outside for the other dogs to destroy. She's the middle man if you will for all the trouble making that happens over there. She has even been caught on the counters in the middle of the night.

,Cliff

love these posts my old roscoe [my 15 yr boston terrier] just shared a can of vienna sausages and he agreed black socks should be seperated hes been running things at my house for a long time, love my doggy its the one and only constant thing in life [ a dogs love]

You're right, they were! Bwahahahahaaaaa......

I KNEW IT!! lol. Well, hell, I'd rather give my dogs a free steak than..... 1/3 of the women I met..... LOL!

My late Lab used to take socks, especially black or brown boot socks. It was partly my fault because when he was a puppy, I'd tie an old boot sock in a knot for him to fetch.

He also devoured a bowl of cheese off the coffee table in about 2.3 seconds once.

Well then, there you go! lol. I'm no expert but playing with them with everyday items is a no go in my book. :)

Female Irish Setter my 'ex' and I had years ago would eat the kids socks whole, but usually only one of them. You would gather clothes up to do the wash and only find one sock sometimes.
A few days later it would be out in the yard after passing through the dog. We just threw it away then, didn't bother with washing it.

The first Rhodesian Ridgeback I had could countersurf with the best. You could not leave any food on the kitchen counter. He didn't get all the way up on the counter but was big enough to reach anything on the counters with his front feet on the counter. He even learned how to open the toaster oven and steal toast out of it.
One Sunday, my current wife left a beef roast down in the kitchen sink to thaw so we could fix Pot Roast for dinner. When she went in to start cooking, it as gone! Plastic wrap and all. We found the plastic wrap out in the middle of one of his 'land mines' a couple of days later.
Our current Ridgeback doesn't do that at all even though he's even taller. He can just get his nose over the edge of the kitchen counter with all four feet on the floor. He "sees" what's on the counter with his nose but doesn't bother it.

So far, no counter surfing, maxi steals and merlin pees, lol.

I have to hide the lugnuts when I remove a wheel from my car. My dog will invariably make off with one or more of them and lose them in the yard somewhere.

Here`s a picture of the knucklehead at the beach right after sampling some seaweed. :toothy10:

Now that's my kind of dog! If only he could put them back on and torque them at 100 ft. lbs. :read2:

Are lab not only makes off with socks and underwear, but tears them to shreds. She really likes the stuffed toys of the grandkids. Anything left in the back yard is fair game to her.
She's comical to watch playing with things out there. I tell the kids, if you don't pick it up don't blame Lilly for chewing it up. Lilly has a ball out there with the kids, plays in the pool and even slides down the slide. We have a spot where there is just dirt for the kids to dig in
Lilly gets right in the hole with em and man does the dirt fly!

Dude, you have to post a vid of the dog on the slide!

My american bulldog used to steal shirts and rip em up. And my black Shepard, smokey, used to steal shoes and hide them in random spots. Like wedge them deep under the sofa where u couldnt get to them. He once hid a dead bird under the couch and he stole my buddy's shoe. So my friend reaches up under there and says "I think I got it..." and pulls out a dead bird! He runs out of the room screaming and I look behind the couch and found his shoe.

I have an Italian Greyhound that will take anything that belongs to my wife and hide it behind the love seat. I also have a Dachshund that thinks any dog toy that comes into the house is his and his only. The IG will take the toys the Dachshund is curretnly playing with the second he looks away and hides them bhind the love seat too.

I have an Italian Greyhound that will take anything that belongs to my wife and hide it behind the love seat. I also have a Dachshund that thinks any dog toy that comes into the house is his and his only. The IG will take the toys the Dachshund is currently playing with the second he looks away and hides them behind the love seat too.

Should of mentioned my Terrier just sits on the back of the couch and watches all the shenanigans.

I can't lay my wallet on the end table anymore:angry7:, my back brace was missing for a few days and I found it and a roll of duck tape under my bed where he goes when he know we are going some where or about to go to bed. Don't we just love our four leggers :-D

My first boxer, Plato, was an excellent "counter-surfer." One time, my wife ordered two large pizzas with the works, and we had to run out right after they were delivered. When we got home an hour later, I went into the bedroom to change and my wife went to the kitchen to get some dinner. She called to ask me what I had done with the pizzas when we went out. After a five minute search, we found the two boxes in the family room, both open, laying right in front of the doggie door. He must have taken the pizza out the door to eat in the backyard. Those boxes were so clean they could have been re-used. Not a spot of sauce or crumb anywhere in the house.

-
Back