YouTube money grab ?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who else is getting this message when trying to play a video from YouTube?

Font Screenshot Software Electronic device Technology

How do you get around this without paying or disabling the ad blocker?

Who else is getting this message when trying to play a video from YouTube?

View attachment 1716158451

Like I said on B bodies, Yep. I get ads on my phone and now on my laptop. THey don't want to provide us a free service if they can't how us ads. Think about it.

I'm running ad block and have never seen that.
I had an add blocker but You Tube can see you are using one and won't allow you to view videos if it is turned on. After a half dozen notifications I went in my settings and made some changes. I see the ads now and also the free videos. That's the way it works.

Last edited:
It’s a business. You either pay to subscribe to get rid of the ads or you watch ads on your “free” service. Ad blockers on a free service takes revenue away from YouTube, if they can keep you from doing it they will.

From their perspective it’s like stealing your neighbors cable, you’re getting a service you’re not paying for.

It’s a business. You either pay to subscribe to get rid of the ads or you watch ads on your “free” service. Ad blockers on a free service takes revenue away from YouTube, if they can keep you from doing it they will.

From their perspective it’s like stealing your neighbors cable, you’re getting a service you’re not paying for.
The problem is, some of the ads are the same **** over and over, and NONE of it is anything I'm interested in. YUP went through the same ****, a sort of timer appeared on the warning, counting down the days I have left, so I finally had to turn off AB.

Most annoying one is something about putting out a fire in a barbeque. Know what? It didn't work. I STILL don't know WTF they are selling!!

The problem is, some of the ads are the same **** over and over, and NONE of it is anything I'm interested in. YUP went through the same ****, a sort of timer appeared on the warning, counting down the days I have left, so I finally had to turn off AB.

Most annoying one is something about putting out a fire in a barbeque. Know what? It didn't work. I STILL don't know WTF they are selling!!

Do you get to pick your ads on TV? I mean, I’d rather not watch an endless barrage of ads for diabetes medications, but that’s who’s buying the air time.

I didn’t say I liked it, but it is what it is. They’re a business, their goal is making money and ad revenue is how they do that. If you don’t want to watch the ads, you can pay for a subscription. If you don’t want to pay, well, you have to watch ads. And the ads are just who’s paying for the advertising.

It’s not any different than being a gold member here, the ads on the site pay for the servers, software, etc. If you don’t like all the ads and pop ups you pay a subscription. If you run an ad blocker you’re basically stealing a service. The difference is YouTube is a giant company and write their own software, so as people figure out ways to get service for free they’ll update their software to block it.

Yeah, the ads are for YouTube to make their money (we don't make a video on rebuilding your carburetor, we provide the service and storage so you can find that video). And for the ones who did the videos (I don't have a whole IT set up for videos, but I went to the trouble of videoing how to rebuild your carburetor). Hopefully, they each make a few cents, and it cost me 30 seconds...I'm ok with them, for what I get out of them. If I paid a subscription fee AND had to watch ads (like Cable TV, I understand), then I'd be ticked!

I had an add blocker but You Tube can see you are using one and won't allow you to view videos if it is turned on. After a half dozen notifications I went in my settings and made some changes. I see the ads now and also the free videos. That's the way it works.
i watch a lot of youtube using ad block and like i said, never saw that stuff. i have no idea why but so far it hasn't effected me.

What really happened to mark worman from graveyard cars?

I was getting those for about a week and they`re gone for now. I contacted them and gave them the what for.
Their used to be an X at the top right you could click off and go ahead and watch.
Next their was a timed buffering wheel you had to wait for and then X it off and watch.
Contact them and politely tell them to get bent.
They`ve been in operation for a very long time, how was they getting by then?
To those who think people should pay for every thing we watch? If that`s the mindset, we wouldn`t be able to afford the internet. I pay enough for cable connection per month, I don`t want to pay any extra:soapbox:

I got so pissed at Youtube's ads I went looking for uncensored sites similar the old LiveLeak.
Found one and it's stuff you can't unsee. But it's not the brady bunch either, and zero commercials

I was getting those for about a week and they`re gone for now. I contacted them and gave them the what for.
Their used to be an X at the top right you could click off and go ahead and watch.
Next their was a timed buffering wheel you had to wait for and then X it off and watch.
To those who think people should pay for every thing we watch? If that`s the mindset, we wouldn`t be able to afford the internet. I pay enough for cable connection per month, I don`t want to pay any extra:soapbox:
Contact them? Contact YouTube?

Comparing having internet service to watching YouTube for free is apples to oranges. YouTube isn’t synonymous with the internet. And internet service isn’t free. You pay for cable, and still see ads on that don’t you?

Everything costs money. It costs YouTube money to provide their content-servers, software, etc. They pay for that with ad revenue. And that ad revenue is dynamic, just because they’ve been around for awhile doesn’t mean their revenues and costs don’t change. It’s a for profit business, they decide what services they provide and how they charge or make their money.

You’re certainly not entitled to watch YouTube, you’ve got no right to that anymore then you’re entitled to get HBO. You can watch TV over the air without paying for a cable subscription, you choose to pay for cable. Just like you choose to pay for internet. And if you don’t want to watch ads, you can pay for an ad-free service. Or you can pay for an ad-blocker, but don’t be surprised when the company you’re stealing revenue from changes their software to block that. I’m sure they didn’t like it before either, but clearly they’ve figured out a way to track ad blockers so why wouldn’t they?

YouTube is a private company out to make a profit, it’s capitalism. They’re under no obligation to provide you ad-free content for free just because you think you’re entitled.

content for free just because you think you’re entitled.
Bla bla bla Been watching add free for over a decade. If the channel runs an add I can fast forward.
I dropped my cable box along time ago, got sick of commercials on there too. My only entertainment now is a few car sites and Youtube. They can beg for money like their content providers with patrion and go fund me. Cable is expensive enough. If I cant watch the tube for free, I`ll go get a life and start fishing and hunting again or fix up my cars.
Send you tube 100bux a month if you think they deserve it and you have all this money to blow.
I`m not setting through a bunch of adds, period.

Bla bla bla Been watching add free for over a decade. If the channel runs an add I can fast forward.
I dropped my cable box along time ago, got sick of commercials on there too. My only entertainment now is a few car sites and Youtube. They can beg for money like their content providers with patrion and go fund me. Cable is expensive enough. If I cant watch the tube for free, I`ll go get a life and start fishing and hunting again or fix up my cars.
Send you tube 100bux a month if you think they deserve it and you have all this money to blow.
I`m not setting through a bunch of adds, period.

lol! Ok pal.

I don’t send YouTube any money. I just click through the ads. I mean, would I rather not have ads? Of course.

But I’m also not gonna whine about it, it’s a for profit business and they can show ads, or charge money, and block service for people with ad blockers however they please. You don’t have to be all that smart to see what their business model looks like, and understand how they get ad revenue, or understand how using an ad-blocker on their free service is basically stealing from them.

News flash, you don’t get everything you want for free just because you want it that way.

Don`t care, they`re anti American censorship twats for the leftys anyhow.
Go ahead and reply, your the type that has to have the last word

And you’re one of those types that’s doesn’t understand that the 1st amendment and “freedom of speech” only applies to prosecution by the government. A private company can allow, or not allow, any kind of speech it wants to. It’s only censorship if the government does it.

You’re not entitled to watch YouTube, and they are entitled to carry or not carry any content they want. It’s a private company.

That’s how creators get paid as well. Some do very well creating content. Its a lot of work to get monetized, and just as much to keep making money.

-
Back