1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
Man I caint get over all this car's been through still. All the progress, then it's stolen and miraculously recovered. You've been blessed my friend!
Yes I have. And I like to think the wagon as been blessed also. I have met a ton of good friends through this car and more to come. I am just glad to see the finished product. Thanks for following along.

That linakage looks great!
Thanks Bill. Are you thinking about coming to Dallas this fall for the Mopar meet in Garland? Also I will be out of town this year, but the Summit Mopar show in Arlington June 1st should be real good. Last year was the first one I went to and it was awesome.

I have to make a run to Decatur for some parts, I did not know about Arlington. That sounds like a good trip, too far for us to do in one day anyway.

Still finishing details. Got my plates, EXner!
I installed the arm rests. The rear door clip had come loose, so I popped off the door card.
TWICE, the damn thing fell out again, so I had a talk with it.
Here is the clip and then the arm rests.
IMG_9239.JPG
IMG_9232.JPG
IMG_9235.JPG

More details... Lubed the front end, damn cheap Chinese grease gun turned a 15 minute job into a couple of hours. Front bumper drivers side was turned up a bit, took the brace out, talked to it for a while and then reinstalled it. It looks a lot better. Added the front Fenton caps, sure wish I could find the ones for the back. Got the spacer installed on the air cleaner. Since I don't have the 3083S carb, using a 4119S, the offset air cleaner hits the carb top. I made a 1/2 spacer to move it up a touch. Need to work out a spare tire, jack, lug wrench details, still looking for one SBP 14x6 inch aluminum slot for the spare. I have a SBP Rally right now.
IMG_9241.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG

Long break for a south west vacation. The trans pan is leaking fluid, so I drained the pan and I am going to drop it and reseal it. Not sure what I did wrong, but I will try again. A few other details, Wiper Chrome trim, radiator overflow bottle for race track, and I made the intake brace out of steel stock. If you look at the Hyper Pak dyno picture you can see the brace in the picture. The brace is not listed in the original parts listing, not sure if it was supplied. Course it would be different for a 225 application.
IMG_9857.JPG
IMG_9858.JPG
IMG_9860.JPG
IMG_9862.JPG

I think I have the pan leak sealed, we shall see! I had intended to start her today and break in the cam and check transmission, didn't get it done. I did get her turned around so I can use my big floor fan and push air through the rad. Got her outside and took some better pictures, she looked real purty, but I am pretty biased.
IMG_9864.JPG
IMG_9865.JPG
IMG_9870.JPG
IMG_9874.JPG

Hot day in Dallas, but what did I expect. Had a few small water leaks, but no trans fluid on the ground. Ran the cam in and went through the gears in the trans. I have very little experience with a push button or an automatic for that matter. I did find out I had the rocker shaft on backwards, but after I turned it around I liked the oil on the rockers a LOT better. Dumb mistake, I know better than that. Can someone help me with a video upload? About 10 seconds, mp4.

That looks fantastic! I got your video too. It sounds great!

Stan, you have made miles & miles of progress on her since she was recovered. You said earlier that you may not make the Garland meet, is that still true? If they ever post a flyer, I'll register. I've received emails that they are moving it to a church in Rockwall on the same weekend, but again, no flyer yet. Let me know the date of the Arlington meet & I'll look it up.

Bill, Still planning on Garland. I will check the web site and see what they are planning.

You are correct it is beautiful!! Great to see it out in the sunshine!

Thanks Bill, it was fun to get it out of the garage. I started a picture record for when I take it to some shows, I find it hard to believe how far it has come. Glad it was solid to start with. We are going to Tulsa this fall for a Mopar meet and see some other slanters, Mark Goodman and Steve Nitti
kermit61.jpg
Steve Nitti Duster.JPG
will be there, you want to meet us there?

Thanks Bill, it was fun to get it out of the garage. I started a picture record for when I take it to some shows, I find it hard to believe how far it has come. Glad it was solid to start with. We are going to Tulsa this fall for a Mopar meet and see some other slanters, Mark Goodman and Steve NittiView attachment 1715357180 View attachment 1715357185 will be there, you want to meet us there?
Its 400 mi from here to Tulsa!! I need to get to issouri sometime an buy a god used gooseneck stock trailer at MO not TX prices but not sure when. Would be nice to combine the trip for the show and maybe find a trailer. I know OKC has a mopar show, never been to a Tulsa mopar show, seems like it might be at a drag strip?? Ok and Mo is wonderful by mid Sept,

I was from SW Missouri sorta between Springfield and Joplin and north some. The Mopar deal at Asbury above Joplin in the Spring is a god race meet, swap, and smallish car show IF it does not rain and flood! I really miss it.
My favorite time of the year is early fall up that way after it quits being so hot. Every time I find a decent buy on a used stock up that way it is gone before I can make arrangements for the trip!! I have never taken a vacation, it was always combing few things into one road trip!

Got the wipers on! That was a lot of work, but I got refills that I could install on my old original SS support flat parts and then fit them to the original arm. One more little detail. My friend has a trailer so in a couple of weeks off to the muffler shop and alignment.
IMG_9902.JPG

IMG_9903.JPG

Yesterday was muffler day! Found a local guy that could be done in a half a day. It's a 14 inch Magnaflow muffler and full 2.5 from the collector to the tail pipe. Dropped it out behind the rear tire and it sounds real good. Nothing sounds better than a built slant!
IMG_9945.JPG
IMG_9946.JPG
IMG_9947.JPG
IMG_9948.JPG
IMG_9949.JPG

Going to the Dallas Mopar Club show tomorrow, first show for the Lancer! I have been working on my Colt race car since it got here but tomorrow is Lancer Day! I hope people like it as much as I have had putting it together. And it's my Birthday so how good is that!
Dallas Mopar Club - SOUTHWEST MOPAR MINI-NATIONALS
Happy Birthday Stan and I bet the Lancer will be a
HIT at the show.

Thanks Wayne! It started out bad, lots of rain, but cleared up around lunch. Lancersaurus took First Place in A Modified. Beat some nice cars. I was surprised when the called my name. She did real well, life is good, I am blessed. Saw Demonracer also, that was cool also.
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG

Glad it won a prize, and no doubt it deserved it for sure!! Wish I could have made the voyage but we hate driving on a holiday weekend!! And I figured it might rain!!!!

-
Back