1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
New slant six "Commando" exhaust tip. Made it a little louder since it points straight out and not down. lol

I got some Kelsey Hayes calipers blasted and painted for Vixen. I figured since she's gonna eventually have some cool aluminum slots on her, I'd paint the calipers bright red so you could see um. Gonna do the drums in the rear too. That's a real 60s/70s hot rod theme and that's what I'm aiming for. Four of the caliper pistons were corroded on the insides pretty bad. I put a wanted add up for some good used ones, as I do have a budget. Maybe somebody can help me out. Anyway, here they are in all their redness. lol

CALIPERS.JPG

Last edited:
I finally got my little Sun Super mini tach in it. Turns out after some calkoomoolashuns I don't have the 3.55 gears I thought. It has 2.94s. LMAO. Tires are 23.2" tall and it's turnin like 2650 at a tic over 60. I would have bet anything as strong as it pulls it was a 3.55, but it's not. That long stroke crank is gettin it did. I caint wait to get the 9", 4.10s and 245 60s on it. It oughtta get with it.

Last edited:
I finally got my little Sun Super mini tach in it. Turns out after some calkoomoolashuns I don't have the 3.55 gears I thought. It has 2.94s. LMAO. Tires are 23.2" tall and it's turnin like 2650 at a tic over 60. I would have bet anything as strong as it pulls it was a 3.55, but it's not. That long stroke crank is gettin it did. I caint wait to get the 9", 4.10s and 245 60s on it. It oughtta get with it.
Giver 'r Hell!!

Brand new pistons were in the $20 range last I checked. Same as '65-67 Mustang. Watch out for the caliper kits, however. Some kits have both dust boot styles, but only have the early. The early boot can be put on after the pistons are installed, late cannot...

Love the low end torque of the 225. Not sure I would go too high on the gearing though.

Got me a new 3" air filter and a 1 1/4" drop base for the air cleaner. Got red and it looks better than I thought....least I think so. lol

AIR FILTER.jpg

Got the wheel bearings packed and rotors and hubs on the spindles. Waiting on some new blasting tips so I can blast and paint the caliper line brackets and then I can install the calipers and brake pads. Yay!

ROTORS.jpg

Have done some more tuning on it. It likes 93 a lot better. lol

Hey Rusty, you anywhere near Douglas?
Going to pick up my trailer in the next couple of weeks.
LMK

Got the calipers and pads on. One more baby step. Yay!

DISC BRAKES.jpg

Any forward progress is good.

Chip away.

-
Back