1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Hello @65dartcharger! I have a 65 dodge dart with the charger badges that came with a white racing stripe purchased new in October of 1965 from Berry Dodge in Oxnard, California. VIN L455115706. I still have the original 65 pink slip with both my name and my dad's name on it as I was only 18 at the time. I was wondering if it is listed in your registry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @65dartcharger! I have a 65 dodge dart with the charger badges that came with a white racing stripe purchased new in October of 1965 from Berry Dodge in Oxnard, California. VIN L455115706. I still have the original 65 pink slip with both my name and my dad's name on it as I was only 18 at the time. I was wondering if it is listed in your registry?
Great news! No, I don't have that car in the register. Shoot me a PM with a readable picture of the fendertag and you get a copy of it.
What is the pink slip!
Looking forward to hear from you.

Ulf

Great news! No, I don't have that car in the register. Shoot me a PM with a readable picture of the fendertag and you get a copy of it.
What is the pink slip!

Ulf
"Pink Slip is the State's ownership documentation.
What is the pink slip!

Ulf
A "Pink Slip" is the California State Ownership document. Errors occur in trying to post a picture. I am not a gold member, so no PM with photos. Tried in this tread and get error on trying to store. Could be that I need to be a gold member here too?

"Pink Slip is the State's ownership documentation.

A "Pink Slip" is the California State Ownership document. Errors occur in trying to post a picture. I am not a gold member, so no PM with photos. Tried in this tread and get error on trying to store. Could be that I need to be a gold member here too?
You do not have enough postings yet. Joey set it up that way to stop spam. Not sure how many are needed but get more postings then it will allow you to post pics.

I will have to check but, if the two members want to exchange e mail addresses, the information can be exchanged behind the scenes, if both people are agreeable to that. If not, sdcovey can stick around and take in all FABO has to offer and get his numbers up. Then he can post away. Although both sides are excited, this doesn't have to be done today. I for one expect this thread to be a long and interesting one. Subscribed!

I will have to check but, if the two members want to exchange e mail addresses, the information can be exchanged behind the scenes, if both people are agreeable to that. If not, sdcovey can stick around and take in all FABO has to offer and get his numbers up. Then he can post away. Although both sides are excited, this doesn't have to be done today. I for one expect this thread to be a long and interesting one. Subscribed!
Isn't it pretty long and interesting already, Mike? :)

Try email me the picture of the car. Interior and engine compartment would be sweet too!
Will have to get to this. Right now engine is out along with all interior for a refresh. Legendary brand stuff I got a few years ago. Gonna get on it this year.
1965 Dart in Feb of 66.jpg

This is the car in Feb of 1966. I had removed the 13 inch Mags to get 14 inch wheels (The Plymouth 14 inch steel wheels they put on the Barracuda and on the 66 D-Dart. When this pic was taken had been hit while going to work. The dealership fixed it, but the paint had to cure for a while before they would put the stripe back on the hood, when they did it was some type of white plastic tape. I just found this picture yesterday, thought I would try uploading a picture to see if it would work.

Will have to get to this. Right now engine is out along with all interior for a refresh. Legendary brand stuff I got a few years ago. Gonna get on it this year. View attachment 1715069943
This is the car in Feb of 1966. I had removed the 13 inch Mags to get 14 inch wheels (The Plymouth 14 inch steel wheels they put on the Barracuda and on the 66 D-Dart. When this pic was taken had been hit while going to work. The dealership fixed it, but the paint had to cure for a while before they would put the stripe back on the hood, when they did it was some type of white plastic tape. I just found this picture yesterday, thought I would try uploading a picture to see if it would work.
That looks cool! Did it came with 13' Cragars? On the picture it looks like the factory 13' wheel covers.
Do you have a picture in color? Thanks for sharing.

That looks cool! Did it came with 13' Cragars? On the picture it looks like the factory 13' wheel covers.
Do you have a picture in color? Thanks for sharing.
Yes it came with the customized 13 inch cragers, and the picture shows as you say factory 13 inch covers. I ran the 13 inch tires til they needed replacement and then put on 14 inch rims with 14 inch tires. I traded the 13 ich wheel covers for a set of Dart "dog dish" hub covers from a lady where I worked who had a 64 Dart with the cheapo covers. The dog dish covers just worked on the 14 inch wheels beautifully. Could not afford the 14 inch Cragers at the time with a 5X4 inch bolt pattern, or I would have gotten them instead. At that time I was working 32 hrs / week for $1.50/hr going to school too. I got the 14 inch steel Barracuda wheels for $25.00 each new at the Dodge dealer. I got almost all of the 1966 D-Dart engine package at dodge late in 1966 (Cam, Valve Springs, Weber Clutch, set of headers) . The picture posted is a color picture car is Gold. I have a question for you. I figure the car is a dealer configured "Dart Charger" but from what I have seen posted (by you and others) the paint job with stripe was a "go go " dart. Which came first based on the VIN the "go go" or the "Dart Charger" package. Just wondering??

Last edited:
I must admit that I forgot that I was invited to Westcoast Motor Show in September 23-24 in Vaasa, Finland.
They didn't have an OE judging but it is a very good show with high class level of cars.
I recieved one of 10 most outstanding cars! Yipii!

DSC_1870.JPG

DSC_1871.JPG

DSC_1872.JPG

DSC_1873.JPG

DSC_1908.JPG

DSC_1917.JPG

DSC_1918.JPG

DSC_1919.JPG

Found some interesting thing tonight! When I took the car apart 5 years ago I never saw this marking on the fan!!! How many has seen this before? I have one untouched 65 Dart w/273 and I checked that one out too. No stampings. There might have been some changes between LA, Detroit and the St Louis plant suppliers!
My fan has those markings, Ulf.

MOS, Motorblog Of Sweden did a story on my cars for Youtube. Looking at them I was really satiesfied. But my convertible looks a little sad. 25000 miles since 2009 and the engine/front end hasn't been done yet!

DSC_2884.JPG

MOS, Motorblog Of Sweden did a story on my cars for Youtube. Looking at them I was really satiesfied. But my convertible looks a little sad. 25000 miles since 2009 and the engine/front end hasn't been done yet!

View attachment 1715224470
Great aerial shot of your fleet, Ulf!
I watched the video, and it was interesting, even though I couldn't understand what was being said. :>)

-
Back