1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
There's another member looking for the GoGo brochure - it took me a long time to find one especially when there was only Hemmings and swap meets to find stuff - probably like you acquiring a DartCharger hardtop and convertible!

I had to thank you for your last post. Thank you very much for sharing your car with us. Your build thread here tops it all and the finished product was over the top when seen in person. I'm glad I got the chance to meet you and experience your expertise. tmm
It was a pleassure meeting you Mike as well as all the other FABO members I had a chance to meet.

Funny! I was able to buy a NOS license plate fram from the dealership that sold my car! How cool is that!

s-l1600.jpg

I'm still working on the rear armrest pads. Does anyone know if they reproduce them with cut-out for the ash-tray? I'm looking for the pearl white edition!

Thanks FABO
Hi, would you be able to give me the paint code for your charger, is it the factory yellow?
Thanks.

Hi, would you be able to give me the paint code for your charger, is it the factory yellow?
Thanks.
Yes, it's the factory paint. The paint was standard on all Dart Chargers from August of 1964. From March 1st 10´965 the paint was officially introduced for all Chrysler built cars. If you mean the paint code on the fendertag it should read 881, 991 or 999. I can get you the paint code from PPG when I get back home.

Ahhhhh, yes, the early A-body lockstrip. Used on '60-'66 A-body windshields except very early-production 1960 Valiant V200; '60-'65 Valiant backglass; '61-'62 Lancer backglass, '63 Dart backglass, all the way around '64-'65 Baccaruda backglass, and across the bottom of '66 Baccaruda backglass. Part number is 2082 278. This has been a pain-in-the-nuts (extinct) part for early A-body restoration for many years. The original type has been out of production and unavailable for decades. There are lockstrips from various other applications (GM trucks, etc.) that fit more or less OK and hold up variably, but none of them has the same surface contour.

Similar lockstrips of different widths and depths were used in various applications on other '60-'65 Mopars. This what you're showing here, p/n 2422 471, is the lockstrip for the quarter glass on 1962-'65 Plymouth-Dodge station wagons (except Custom 880). It may or may not be the correct width, depth, and/or length for use on an A-body windshield gasket. I have my doubts, since the one part number (2082 278 ) was used for all those different-length applications listed above, 2422 471 appears in the same FPCs with different applications, and the one number does not supersede to the other. But stranger things have happened in the Chrysler parts system!

Ulf (or anyone else) if you wind up figuring out how to get some of the correct material made…count me in!
redbeard.gif
Dan!

I left one piece of NOS material to Jim at Detroit Musclecar Technoligies so hopefully he has been able to reproduce a correct looking strip for the Mopar hobby!

Thanks for that explanation! I have the same markings in my 65 Dart wagon!

I have included pictures of the lower control arms. They have different markings for left and right side. My concern was if this is factory markings or if someone has done it after?

I also had a school bus yellow marking in the upper area of the K-frame. What was the meaning? I also found a red marking on the filler plug for the rear end cover plate. What did that paint splot indicate?

Once again, thanks for all the information!
The plug with the red paint is the same as they used on the cross ram intake manifolds for the Hemi!!

Ulf you must be proud! All your long hours and hard work paid off, and in a big way! The car looks fantastic! Enjoy the upcoming Nat's and Tim & I will see you in Chicago.....:thumbrig:
Are you guys going to be at Carlisle this year?

Yes, it's the factory paint. The paint was standard on all Dart Chargers from August of 1964. From March 1st 10´965 the paint was officially introduced for all Chrysler built cars. If you mean the paint code on the fendertag it should read 881, 991 or 999. I can get you the paint code from PPG when I get back home.
The paint code is 81515 for PPG/Ditzler. Sorry for late reply!

1487223604311893273172.jpg

I know have found out that the lower control arms has white paint markings on the front side. I found this on my wagon!

DSC_1056.JPG

Next show was Liljaskolans Sleds and Wheels i Vännäs. Great show! Ume Assistance took care of the transport to and from the show.

DSC_1143.JPG

DSC_1144.JPG

DSC_1148.JPG

DSC_1149.JPG

DSC_1147.JPG

DSC_1150.JPG

DSC_1159.JPG

Ulf, What is that silver convertible? It's beautiful!

And how does the paint job payment work? Do they just paint cars that are rolled in there or does it still cost you the same as an ordinary paint job?

This car is awesome. Do you have another car in the future that you want to do.

Both NOS Candy Canes and front NOS hood trim

From davescuda of davesmopars in Cheshire CT

so glad I could help out
Dav! Still got the canes and the hood moulding? I'm also interested in the rear seat for the early A convertible. Will you be at Carlisle?

-
Back