1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Gotta get as many shows in before she goes to her new home. Cars and Candy.

IMG_8778.jpeg
IMG_8777.jpeg
IMG_8776.jpeg
IMG_8779.jpeg
IMG_8782.jpeg
IMG_8783.jpeg
IMG_8784.jpeg
IMG_8785.jpeg
IMG_8786.jpeg

go on admit it, you don't really want it to go......... at least for a while. you're still in the 'honeymoon' period with it now it's all done and looking so good so i don't blame you for putting some miles on it. :thumbsup:
neil.

go on admit it, you don't really want it to go......... at least for a while. you're still in the 'honeymoon' period with it now it's all done and looking so good so i don't blame you for putting some miles on it. :thumbsup:
neil.

Honestly I don’t enjoy driving it that much. It’s 40-60 miles to town and the nearest shows. To get there in a reasonable amount of time half is 75 MPH roads. That is NOT gonna happen, these were made to putt around town fixing gas meters. 55 MPH is all I want to go in it. I’ll take my cars with AC! I LOVE staring at it and people’s reaction at shows but I need to find a way to teleport it to the show or move so it is just an in town drive (what these are really made for)

You sold them both? I wanted you to do one for me. Well, I hope you got a real good price for it. I'd like to hear more about taking it to shows and driving it, while you still have it, and where it is going. Hope the new owner is a member of FABO. After all, it is an A100.

i'm sure had you fallen in love with it you'd find a way to fit an o/d trans and/or more freeway friendly gears to the axle. at least there wouldn't be any trans tunnel mods to do, lol.
neil.
ps i've adapted a late ford 4r70w o/d trans to the '63 fe big block for my '58 rambler american i'm building as a gasser. at 2200rpm it'll be right around 75mph. that's with the explorer's 3.73 gears and 295 50 15's so it'll be lively off the line too.

i'm sure had you fallen in love with it you'd find a way to fit an o/d trans and/or more freeway friendly gears to the axle. at least there wouldn't be any trans tunnel mods to do, lol.
neil.
ps i've adapted a late ford 4r70w o/d trans to the '63 fe big block for my '58 rambler american i'm building as a gasser. at 2200rpm it'll be right around 75mph. that's with the explorer's 3.73 gears and 295 50 15's so it'll be lively off the line too.

That is not the problem.. it is just squirrley as hell at higher speeds plus I am not a truck person it is just not for me.

Short wheelbase and light rearend. Are you happy with the steering gear box that you rebuilt? Did you adjust out the play in it?

Yes. It handles way better than I expected but in a windy place where I really need to take 75MPH roads I don’t like it. The guy that bought it has the other high end Turquoise one that went through Barrett Jackson a while ago and said this one handles way better than his current one.

-
Back