1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Hate to guess what that shipping bill was ! So how they look ?
They look and feel great. Get lots of comments .....some people don't believe they are factory seats.

Goes to show that what some people know isn't worth bottling for sale. :lol:

I really wanted to redo the original seats I have but by the time I bought the foam, covers, blasted and painted the frames it’s hard to ignore the all new SmittyBilt for less than just the OEM foam.

Rear glass in, transmission cooler lines for a 727 Duster formed and installed with a left over slant 6 clip, the 1157s were melting the front marker lenses (the old factory lenses were melting too). Replaced them with 1157 mini bulbs for motorcycles. Just as bright but the heat is not near the plastic. The 66 Valiant has this problem with the taillights so I got 2 for that as well.

IMG_8386.jpeg
IMG_8387.jpeg
IMG_8388.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg
IMG_8390.jpeg
IMG_8391.jpeg
IMG_8392.jpeg

the 1157s were melting the front marker lenses (the old factory lenses were melting too). Replaced them with 1157 mini bulbs for motorcycles.
I solved that issue by re-wiring the front park lights into a headlamp with a 4W lamp fitted.
Takes all that heat away from the amber plastic lenses.

Amber (yellow) marker lights are for turn signals only now on mine....swapped out the inner contacts on each lampholder base. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info about the bulbs! Just hope I remember it when needed...
or just buy them now, put them in stock and wonder why I have them.

Early B Body radiator seal worked a treat for the belly pan seal, toe in set to 1/8”, camber is less than +1 degree, caster is a nice +4 degrees, brakes bled, shock washers are installed, rim deep cleaned and polished with new center caps. The pile of projects left is less than 6!

IMG_8396.jpeg
IMG_8397.jpeg
IMG_8398.jpeg
IMG_8399.jpeg
IMG_8400.jpeg
IMG_8401.jpeg
IMG_8402.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8409.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg

Last edited:
Early B Body radiator seal worked a treat for the belly pan seal, toe in set to 1/8”, camber is less than +1 degree, caster is a nice +4 degrees, brakes bled, shock washers are installed, rim deep cleaned and polished with new center caps. The pile of projects left is less than 6!

View attachment 1716295519View attachment 1716295520View attachment 1716295521View attachment 1716295522View attachment 1716295523View attachment 1716295524View attachment 1716295525View attachment 1716295526View attachment 1716295527View attachment 1716295528
What is this voodoo wheel alignment tool?

Finally found barrel nuts I was happy with. Still needed to pinch down the grabber springs to really hold the pins but once done they are great. Reversed the polarity on the amp gauge so it shows discharge when the lights are on. Cut the foam to block the light from crossing into other gauges. Found some rubber bumpers for the ashtray door and the dash done. Put weatherstripping adhesive on the window sweeps to keep them from getting sucked in and out when rolling the window up and down and cleaned up and detailed the door. If this works well I’ll do the other side tomorrow. Visor supports restored and realized I’m out of interior paint to finish the visors. Roadtrip tomorrow. Installed the windshield. It’s not the easiest I have ever done but it’s far from the worst (1966 Valiant rear glass). Got some temporary mufflers for the old down pipes. Tomorrow will tack those in temporarily, fill the coolant and transmission and it may be running tomorrow.

IMG_8494.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg
IMG_8496.jpeg
IMG_8497.jpeg
IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_8499.jpeg
IMG_8500.jpeg
IMG_8501.jpeg
IMG_8502.jpeg
IMG_8503.jpeg

Lookin good! Isn't the windshield in those trucks two pieces of glass with one gasket? Seems like I remember someone mentioning that when he had one.

without looking back i can't remember but do those chains stay there on the outside at the tailgate? if so a clear plastic sleeve would go a long way to saving the paintwork you took so long to perfect. even then they'd scratch it over time swinging side to side.
neil.

So they don't scratch the paint till I decide what I want to do to fix that problem.
You might like to look at the flexible nylon cable sleeving range.....

1725593426300.png

...either have the ends hemmed by someone or use a short piece of black heat shrink tubing to stop it fraying.

Dennis Gage called me “excessive” the last time we met. Maybe he is correct….. drivers SmittyBuilt seat and adjuster installed with a couple plates and some drilling/tapping. The other side will go much faster now I have a process.

View attachment 1716293233View attachment 1716293234View attachment 1716293235View attachment 1716293236
Next time Dennis says you're excessive, grab an end of his mustache and pull it hard and say "yeah you mean like this?" LOL

You might like to look at the flexible nylon cable sleeving range.....

...either have the ends hemmed by someone or use a short piece of black heat shrink tubing to stop it fraying.
Since they are nylon, heating with a match or lighter will also stop fraying. May take some practice. That's the way parachute riggers do it.

-
Back