1966 v-8 Barracuda project in Tennessee NOT MINE

-
I’m laughing. Brakes were stolen?!? quaddra junk carb. Who knows what engine. What rear end? Pretty non descriptive. Makes me want to buy it just to find out.

The ad is certainly suspect but there is nothing wrong with a quadrajet. A guy might be able to pick the old girl up for cheap as it is a best offer ad. Contact the seller and ask these questions. Some people just are not as good at writing ads as others. The bumpers alone are hard to get and expensive. The body panels appear pretty solid and the body gaps pretty damn good for an old turd. It's not a formula S and probably not a performance package car so the engine and rear end are probably a no brainer. Is this car close to Dan?

The ad is certainly suspect but there is nothing wrong with a quadrajet. A guy might be able to pick the old girl up for cheap as it is a best offer ad. Contact the seller and ask these questions. Some people just are not as good at writing ads as others. The bumpers alone are hard to get and expensive. The body panels appear pretty solid and the body gaps pretty damn good for an old turd. It's not a formula S and probably not a performance package car so the engine and rear end are probably a no brainer. Is this car close to Dan?
I’m sorry Jeff- somebody out there is possibly happy you brought this up and may pick it up for their car. I personally worked on more than my share of those carbs when I was a Master tech for GM back in the 80’s. They were not good. That’s why so many Chevrolets have a Holley on them now.Thanks for listing.

I’m sorry Jeff- somebody out there is possibly happy you brought this up and may pick it up for their car. I personally worked on more than my share of those carbs when I was a Master tech for GM back in the 80’s. They were not good. That’s why so many Chevrolets have a Holley on them now.Thanks for listing.
It's alright I'm right there with you...Hinsdale Illinois G.M Tech school ...Then onto Level II certified service manager Dralle Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Geo GMC truck. Different strokes for different folks. I always ran a Rochester on my thermal quad intakes LOL GO figure! We rebuilt quite a few of them also but not because they were junk it was because there were just so many of them in service. How many mass air flow sensors did you change back then? LOL My worst one was the little light on a 2 door Eldorado that illuminated the key slot on rarely driven car by a farmers wife stuck on intermittently and slowly drained the battery down... or the STs Seville they built with a torque steer problem because one of the drive axles was too much shorter than the other one. Factory shim kit and altered alignment specs. Rotten egg smell from tail pipe, detonation and several other driveability issues 91 Sedan Deville. Star washer left off of ground from the factory in a very limited number of cars off the assembly line. That **** is hard to find on warranty flat rate. Thank goodness for OLH's! Hopefully someone can get a good price on this 66 and save it. I have a formula s in my barn with floor pans so much worse than this one Fred Flintstone wouldn't drive it. Have a good day everyone is entitled to their right to free speech! The quadrajet was actually discontinued because their part throttle efficiency could not pass all the new emissions requirements.

Last edited:
It's alright I'm right there with you...Hinsdale Illinois G.M Tech school ...Then onto Level II certified service manager Dralle Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Geo GMC truck. Different strokes for different folks. I always ran a Rochester on my thermal quad intakes LOL GO figure! We rebuilt quite a few of them also but not because they were junk it was because there were just so many of them in service. How many mass air flow sensors did you change back then? LOL My worst one was the little light on a 2 door Eldorado that illuminated the key slot on rarely driven car by a farmers wife stuck on intermittently and slowly drained the battery down... or the STs Seville they built with a torque steer problem because one of the drive axles was too much shorter than the other one. Factory shim kit and altered alignment specs. Rotten egg smell from tail pipe, detonation and several other driveability issues 91 Sedan Deville. Star washer left off of ground from the factory in a very limited number of cars off the assembly line. That **** is hard to find on warranty flat rate. Thank goodness for OLH's! Hopefully someone can get a good price on this 66 and save it. I have a formula s in my barn with floor pans so much worse than this one Fred Flintstone wouldn't drive it. Have a good day everyone is entitled to their right to free speech! The quadrajet was actually discontinued because their part throttle efficiency could not pass all the new emissions requirements.
Every one on the planet should work at a dealership once in their life. I was service manager at a Buick/GMC dealer back in the late 70's-early 90's. I finally had to get out of the business. You can't yell at the customers, tech's, or management so you take it home and unload there. We were able to get our CSI rating up in the upper 90's without giving away the farm. How many PS racks did you guys replace? All of them and some twice! :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

Every one on the planet should work at a dealership once in their life. I was service manager at a Buick/GMC dealer back in the late 70's-early 90's. I finally had to get out of the business. You can't yell at the customers, tech's, or management so you take it home and unload there. We were able to get our CSI rating up in the upper 90's without giving away the farm. How many PS racks did you guys replace? All of them and some twice! :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:
Good call Mike... at first they made us try and rebuild the rack before we could replace one. Then when that idea failed the rack replacement was automatic. I had a guy with a 350 GMC van with yep a quadrajet on it come in that hated dealerships because of the shop rate. He had the van to several independents and spent a small fortune and couldn't get any power out of the van. After I removed the bird's nest from the snorkel of the air cleaner for free...I couldn't get rid of him! LOL true story. I won a best in zone service manager contest based upon warranty claims customer mail in service surveys. The prize was a trip to Switzerland. When the owners realized I had it won they changed the name on the contest from mine to their moms...she was part owner so she won the contest. That was my last day!

Good call Mike... at first they made us try and rebuild the rack before we could replace one. Then when that idea failed the rack replacement was automatic. I had a guy with a 350 GMC van with yep a quadrajet on it come in that hated dealerships because of the shop rate. He had the van to several independents and spent a small fortune and couldn't get any power out of the van. After I removed the bird's nest from the snorkel of the air cleaner for free...I couldn't get rid of him! LOL true story. I won a best in zone service manager contest based upon warranty claims customer mail in service surveys. The prize was a trip to Switzerland. When the owners realized I had it won they changed the name on the contest from mine to their moms...she was part owner so she won the contest. That was my last day!
Damn! Typical dealership BS. We were taking thee money for scrapping 5.7 diesel engines and buying pizza for the service meetings. The owner found out and chewed our asses. That is "his" money! A frickin' millionaire. Yep. A lot of that bs is why I left too.

When you were talking no power with a 305 I immediately thought flat camshaft or detonation sensor. We disconnected a lot of those.

I think it was the dreaded midwestern Barn swallow lack of air sensor. I love distributors and carbs! It's funny how all of us worked for G.M but love Mopar muscle cars.
GM has job security! :lol: They weren't bad cars. Some stupid designs like all of them had.

Owner/dick at CAT dealer lost a key and blamed me for it. Never got my last paycheck. Still not a trip to Switzerland though!

I don't see a kickdown on that throttle linkage unless I missed it somehow

-
Back