1967 Cuda FB project

-
LOL! I used to have trouble getting rid of pics I had uploaded too. The trick is that when you go back and edit your post you need to click on the paperclip icon and get to the screen for uploading. Once there you have the option to remove each and any of the pics that were already posted.

I don't get the paperclip when I go back and edit................:banghead:

After blasting the car in spots, I noticed some deep rust pitting in a couple areas I didn't see before when I was fixing the rear window pinch weld. So, I fixed them this morning.
View attachment WP_20141221_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20141221_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20141221_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20141221_003.jpg

I need help with welding up all the unused spot weld holes for the frame relocation. Someone to hold the copper on the backside so I can weld the front side. I will get the wife to help I think......:blob:

Went out into the shop and decided to change the door handle on the pass door. Here is the donor handle. Neon door. Cut out section of door with handle opening in it.
View attachment WP_20141221_006.jpg
View attachment WP_20141221_007.jpg
View attachment WP_20141221_009.jpg

Install the window tracks and latch mech to see where handle is to be located. Position handle section to make sure everything has clearance. Mark hole approx. 1/2" smaller than handle section. I flanged the handle section with a flanging tool I have.
View attachment WP_20141221_010.jpg
View attachment WP_20141221_011.jpg
View attachment WP_20141221_012.jpg

Welded in and ground down. I like the newer style handle. Notice no keyhole? I used the rear door from the Neon because the Cuda is going to have keyless ignition. Walk up to car with fob in pocket, door unlocks automatically, get in, push start. Engine starts and drive away. Push start again, engine stops, get out of car, walk a few feet away and doors automatically lock.

I like the fab work.I am getting ready to start a 67 coupe. I did the neon door handles on my charger.Nice and clean.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 534
This morning I fabbed up the rods and clips for the pass door handle. First thing was to get rid of the pin the original door latch had. Grind off the backside of the pin so it's flush with the lever, then use a punch and push it out of the lever.
View attachment WP_20141222_001.jpg
Then you have to drill the hole bigger to accept the plastic clips from the neon donor.
View attachment WP_20141222_002.jpg
Then fabbed up one of the donor rods to reach the inner door handle. The inner handle also has to be drilled out to accept the plastic clip from the donor neon parts.
View attachment WP_20141222_003.jpg
Then I took one of the donor rods and made the linkage rod for the handle to the latch mech.
View attachment WP_20141222_004.jpg
I also made the lock hole in the top of the door bigger to accept the neon lock tab. Prolly didn't need to do this but I think this type is harder to "pick".
View attachment WP_20141222_010.jpg

I like how you did the linkage rod. I cut mine and tig welded the two different rods together.
the way you did it is easier and better.

I like how you did the linkage rod. I cut mine and tig welded the two different rods together.
the way you did it is easier and better.

LOL I was going to do the same thing and then looked at it a little closer. I know the sliding lock on the original is pretty good. But when I got this car, the drivers door wouldn't open from the outside because the sliding lock came undone.
I almost used the neon latch mech too. Decided I didn't want to do that much work to the door to make it work. :D

Nice choice on the door handles..they look good, I went the GM route with mine, and feel a little guilty every time I look at them since there not Mother Mopar.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 486
OMG!!!! I can't believe you did that willingly!!!!!!

:D:D

Well honestly they fit the requirement, I wanted key lock cylinders for both doors and they had to fit the curvature of the door. I looked at Sebring's but overlooked Neon's.

Started on cleaning up the firewall. I have an aftermarket wiper system that doesn't mount where the factory one goes so I can level out the top part of the firewall. Started cutting and fabbing.
View attachment WP_20141223_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20141223_004.jpg
Made the filler top piece first.
View attachment WP_20141223_003.jpg
Then made the piece to replace where the factory wiper motor goes. I didn't finish welding in the bottom piece because I am not sure exactly where I have to redesign the tunnel for the T-56. No need to do a bunch of welding only to find out you have to cut a good portion out anyway.
View attachment WP_20141223_005.jpg
View attachment WP_20141228_001.jpg
I have the 5.7 and the trans mockup in the hole. Will get some pics later.

Don't get me wrong, - all of these mods have been cool so far. - But I'm still eager to see the front end with the molded bumper and what you might be doing to change the stock body lines.

I love the work that you did on the door handles, drip rails, etc...

Don't get me wrong, - all of these mods have been cool so far. - But I'm still eager to see the front end with the molded bumper and what you might be doing to change the stock body lines.

I love the work that you did on the door handles, drip rails, etc...

I have to get it back on the suspension first. I can't do those mods on the spit.:D

Starting work on the front suspension now.

what suspension are you going to do? I did the martz chassis in the Charger. Thinking of doing that again in the barracuda or Maybe the Hemi denny front and martz rear.

what suspension are you going to do? I did the martz chassis in the Charger. Thinking of doing that again in the barracuda or Maybe the Hemi denny front and martz rear.

I think I am going to build my own. I like the challenge and the fabrication design end of it.
Don't misunderstand, if I had the disposable cash, I would buy someones suspension setup.

-
Back