1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Did you guys get the radiator / fan clearance sorted out? I would be lucky to have 1/4" on my silver Duster.

here is a little something to look forward to......sorry for the distortion, it is a picture of a poster.

20230723_135922.jpg

As I said yesterday nothing is an easy task on this build. You think the Radiator and shroud would bolt right in.............................. Wrong, more custom fabrication by Sean. Fabricated a bracket for each side with nutserts to bolt the shroud right up. Looks better than the factory :thumbsup:

image0 - Copy (2).jpeg

image0 - Copy.jpeg

image1 - Copy.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1 - Copy (2).jpeg

image2 - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:
And here ya go....................another quote from Sean.

"A Big Block Hemi, mounted too high in an A-body '69 Dart, with an oversized 26" E-body radiator." :thumbsup:

When my FIL put the engine in it sat a little high which in turn canted the fan back and was too close to the radiator. This was the reason we needed a different fan and spacer that @HemiDenny was asking about earlier. :thumbsup:

image0 - Copy (3).jpeg

image1 - Copy (3).jpeg

on the plus side....that 26" aluminum radiator and shroud will cool.

BTW, did you install undersize pulleys or standard? Foe what you are doing with the car, I would recommend sticking with standard size pulleys, the undersize adds a little HP, but slows down the water flow, critical when idling / putting around..

on the plus side....that 26" aluminum radiator and shroud will cool.

BTW, did you install undersize pulleys or standard ones? For what you are doing with the car, I would recommend sticking with standard-size pulleys, the undersize adds a little HP but slows down the water flow, critical when idling/putting around.
Thanks, Denny. My FIL had the undersized ones on there and Sean recommended the same thing, using standard. I got standard pulleys from 440 Source :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You don't want one of those Ansen bells, a buddy of mine had one on his 66 Hemi Coronet and I swear it out weighed the 18 spline 833 that was behind it.

You don't want one of those Ansen bells, a buddy of mine had one on his 66 Hemi Coronet and I swear it out weighed the 18 spline 833 that was behind it.
I bet they are heavy........................Iron bellhousing marked NHRA.

Last edited:
No pictures, but progress continues.....................more wiring, rad hoses, fuel sending unit, and fuel lines. Getting closer. :thumbsup:

-
Back