2:45 8.25 help info

-
Yeah but you're still unclear about WHICH engine you have.
A 302 and a 714 are same head the 714 was the latest version before magnum I guess it has 2 ways of piling but I’m not sure I just wanna know what push rods I need . So think of it as a 302 318 head on a 72 318 engine

Then use the appropriate pushrods for your engine. Which heads don't matter.
I figured but didn’t know 100% I almost want to put la 360 heads on it to pick up top end Since going 2500-2800 convertor and 410. Or magnum headed la 318

I figured but didn’t know 100% I almost want to put la 360 heads on it to pick up top end Since going 2500-2800 convertor and 410. Or magnum headed la 318

Putin 360 heads on a 318 will have compression down into the 7s. Trust me,that's not a good idea.

But yeah with the 302/714 heads are from a hydraulic roller block is only reason asking since going to hydraulic 318is only reason I’m asking

Putin 360 heads on a 318 will have compression down into the 7s. Trust me,that's not a good idea.
Yeah I know that part, was using a 400 or 440 my buddies use the 509 purple with the low compression pistons run mid 11’s in b bodies with high stall And low gearing

Dudes I hate my phone I typed a whole fuckin story Since it is a mission to put pics I thought I was adding pic it erased everything I wrote.ok.... the heads came with metal/rubber guide seals the felpro ki came with all rubber type are these ok pic is both installed.
upload_2021-2-16_2-18-42.jpeg

I know the plastic I guess type look small but it fits almost the same . M just wondering if I should just order type that came on the head or use the other type

Yeah I know that part, was using a 400 or 440 my buddies use the 509 purple with the low compression pistons run mid 11’s in b bodies with high stall And low gearing

That's a lot different than a 7:1 318.

We are talking taking a smogged down big block low compression with 509 cam I’m not going to argue about it they know what they are doing

We are talking taking a smogged down big block low compression with 509 cam I’m not going to argue about it they know what they are doing

I'm not arguing. You are. I'm simply telling you it's a bad comparison to what you're doing with a 318. The big block has a lot more cubes. It can make power at 7.5:1. Your 318 needs a bit more. I never said they didn't know what they were doing. You're lookin for an argument where there is none.

Hey can you tell me why they have 245 suregrip and why would the other work then ? Last question just curious

As simply as I can think to put it, there are two different carriers for the 8.25. One carrier is for 2.45 and taller gears, the other is for every other gear shorter than 2.45 (numerically higher).

Mopar Performance 75101X is the Sure Grip carrier you want. Or you can look for one used in the junkyard/craigslist, etc.

Remember also the jeep carrier is a bolt in USING A JEEP RING AND PINION!

I have no idea WTF you're talkin about here.
This post is what got takin out of context this post had nothing to do with you or this site was stating these people I know that I hang with don’t to part with any parts they have or any information

I'm not arguing. You are. I'm simply telling you it's a bad comparison to what you're doing with a 318. The big block has a lot more cubes. It can make power at 7.5:1. Your 318 needs a bit more. I never said they didn't know what they were doing. You're lookin for an argument where there is none.
And this post was ment for some where else dunno why I put it here

-
Back