• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
yeah, blue print 2400 dollar stroker short block and some Chinese heads. :realcrazy:

Wouldn't be easier and cheaper just to buy a 2000 dollar crotch rocket and go high 10's ??? I mean, if we're shooting for easy …...
I'm saving up for a set of those Chinese heads.

I have them in my duster and it really stiffens the chassis up, this is a no brainer mod.
MP sells bolt on ones from summit, they did require minor grinding to fit, installation is easy.

1973 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Mopar Performance Bolt-On Frame Connectors P4286868
Did you see the two reviews? One guy said they were total junk and got stuck with them for $200 ! LOL and the one guy that gave him five stars ended up having to weld them in anyways LOL what a joke!!

Did you see the two reviews? One guy said they were total junk and got stuck with them for $200 ! LOL and the one guy that gave him five stars ended up having to weld them in anyways LOL what a joke!!

I am most likely one of the the people that did not leave a review, they fit my car.

I actually bought another set for my challenger, but they are still in the box.

Most people that leave reviews are mostly negative anyways.

I don't know why there's some big race to shorten rear ends and Tuck tires way underneath cars? I have ran an ebody width on my eighth and a quarter 8 and 3/4 and my Dana 60. A b body width would not even be but an extra inch. take that $220 and buy some cheap Summit headers and good gaskets for goodness sakes and stop trying to do a Roadkill episode every time...
I put a E body 8 3/4 rear end in a Demon once, and didn't like how close it was to the wheel wells. I have put B-bodies in A-bodies and liked them, especially the 65-67's.

I think piecing together something from my junk pile (along with some good pieces I've had laying around), will make a great race and certainly a great time for what Jahaba is putting together. I think he I doing the same thing - using what's handy. No high dollar rollers either way.

I am most likely one of the the people that did not leave a review, they fit my car.

I actually bought another set for my challenger, but they are still in the box.

Most people that leave reviews are mostly negative anyways.
Bought TWO sets?!!
I could probably just make a kit. The two 4ft pieces of Steel the welder the grinder/cutter the helmet gloves and 4 jack stands. $222.22?:D

Bought TWO sets?!!
I could probably just make a kit. The two 4ft pieces of Steel the welder the grinder/cutter the helmet gloves and 4 jack stands. $222.22?:D

Yes I bought another set for my E-body.
I already have welder, grinders, chop saw, and jack stands.
My time is worth money, and I have very little time to work on my projects.
Between work, raising two grand-kids, maintaining my rental property I might get a hr a day if I am lucky to build anything.
I have parts both new and used, sitting un-opened in the shipping boxes because there is no time to open them.

I put a E body 8 3/4 rear end in a Demon once, and didn't like how close it was to the wheel wells. I have put B-bodies in A-bodies and liked them, especially the 65-67's.

I think piecing together something from my junk pile (along with some good pieces I've had laying around), will make a great race and certainly a great time for what Jahaba is putting together. I think he I doing the same thing - using what's handy. No high dollar rollers either way.
I would prefer a low dollar roller of hi quality. lol
Like willnotrun I'm trying to use what I have in my inventory at this time. I may have to buy oil and fluids. Other than that I have plenty of good parts to use.
I do wish Santa had brought some 35 spline axles and a spool for my dana to go under the dart. I guess I'll just leave the 8 3/4 under it and play with my differant gear ratios. I do love the 4.88s on the street the best.

Hey it's a Babylon 5 Marathon all day.
How's that for a Merry Christmas?

Yes I bought another set for my E-body.
I already have welder, grinders, chop saw, and jack stands.
My time is worth money, and I have very little time to work on my projects.
Between work, raising two grand-kids, maintaining my rental property I might get a hr a day if I am lucky to build anything.
I have parts both new and used, sitting un-opened in the shipping boxes because there is no time to open them.
well this thread in itself as you can see is these guys doing things on the cheap and putting old Parts together not buying the most ridiculously expensive (for what you get) part there is and putting it on their car.
I would almost bet that if both the cars were on jack stands and remember these don't jump out of the box and install themselves. If I had two 4ft one and a half inch by 2 and 1/2 in pieces of Steel I bet I could cut those three little slits in the rear and slide this in and weld it all in before you could drill all the holes to put that one in and get all the bolts to line up and get them all tight.
If you're lacking so much time that you don't have time to bolt-on parts that come in boxes that's just crazy. An hour a day? I couldn't imagine this taking more than one hour per side.

I have to ask, was the car perfectly level on the stands? I'm sure it was, but no mention

I have to ask, was the car perfectly level on the stands? I'm sure it was, but no mention
Actually what I did was I put one super long Jack under the front left. That way I welded it all in to a setup for a permanent wheel stand..

well this thread in itself as you can see is these guys doing things on the cheap and putting old Parts together not buying the most ridiculously expensive (for what you get) part there is and putting it on their car.
I would almost bet that if both the cars were on jack stands and remember these don't jump out of the box and install themselves. If I had two 4ft one and a half inch by 2 and 1/2 in pieces of Steel I bet I could cut those three little slits in the rear and slide this in and weld it all in before you could drill all the holes to put that one in and get all the bolts to line up and get them all tight.
If you're lacking so much time that you don't have time to bolt-on parts that come in boxes that's just crazy. An hour a day? I couldn't imagine this taking more than one hour per side.
Did you miss the part where he does not want to weld them in?
Or the fact he has no shop or welder and will soon have snow above his belt line?
Btw my parts may not be brand new but they were not cheap.
And lets not forget you used over 8 sets of frame connector to build a party deck on your truck. The shame of it is beyond belief.

Last edited:
Did you miss the part where he does not want to weld them in?
Or the fact he has no shop or welder and will soon have snow above his belt line?
Bty my parts may not be brand new but they were not cheap.
And lets not forget you used over 8 sets of frame connector to build a party deck on your truck. The shame of it is beyond belief.
you do realize this information really was for 318 Whirlwind or will not win whichever one you call him lol both the same LOL for him to spend $200 plus extra performance on this car on those frame connectors would be utterly stupid. He could buy the headers that he really needs and a couple 4 ft. pieces to well in.

There's a couple ends of the spectrum here. There's the guy who actually races his car and works on it and welds stuff in and has a certain budget. And then there's the other end of the spectrum people who buy bolt on CRAP and don't even take it out of the box.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself.
You have never received anything in a box before. Or everything you have received in a box is crap? lol
Do not open any Christmas gifts.
If he wants me to I will weld up 318northernbreeze a set of bolt in connectors. Not today tho my sisters truck has seniority at the moment.

Merry Christmas Jpar

Last edited:
Just let me clarify, cheap doesn't mean low quality. And cheap doesn't mean slow.

Bahahaha!!!
I thought by now I wouldn't be in the race and I would eventually lose all my votes? But it seems as I'm gaining on the lead! LOL??!!

169071-12cf868074d2efacc74af921ebf86bb7.gif
This is Christmas not summer. Thing are in the works

All you guys are go getters, I might get something done, I am off for 2 weeks.

-
Back