• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Horsed around with my 318 Duster against my son's Scat. 20 mph roll, I floored it 1 full second before he did. He blew by me like I was standing still. :D

I thought you would be use to it....:poke:
My son just raced about a '07 GT with a supercharger added. He beat that too... I saw the video. I'm telling you, his car is really fast. He has a list of very fast cars he has whopped. Zero losses. On that list is a new Porsche, 1LE SS 6.1 camaro manual, 2 boosted Mustangs, Pro Street Nova, 302 boss 'stang (classic car). His car has the Corsa exhaust, MP cold air, and I'm not sure about a tune. Here he is running away from another Scat - a kid that lives in the next town.

if you lived closer, he'd put you on the list as well....:poke:

Last edited:
I too have a Modern Scat. The thing flys, I have done very little to it, it is a mustang killer for sure. Smoked a Hellcat the other day but only because the guy driving it panicked and trounced the gas. He had him out of the hole and then he panicked. I heard his RPMs soar and car didn't move! I love my race car ( insert my old Mopars!) but have to confess the modern technology is amazing and a blast to drive.

I too have a Modern Scat. The thing flys, I have done very little to it, it is a mustang killer for sure. Smoked a Hellcat the other day but only because the guy driving it panicked and trounced the gas. He had him out of the hole and then he panicked. I heard his RPMs soar and car didn't move! I love my race car ( insert my old Mopars!) but have to confess the modern technology is amazing and a blast to drive.
He is saving $ for tires... then he is going to take to the strip. I'm guessing 11's by the seat of my pants. But it will all be in the traction. He has smoked some 12 second cars already.

I thought my dad could beat up your dad was embarrassing, but my son can beat you...? Ouch...:poke:
I just wanted you to know...… when you said "you should be used to it" … that you'd get the same treatment …. :poke:

You're hardly going to have me Running Scared from some kids car 2000 miles away from me that he bought on credit...

More shopping with my wife..
Got small budget for car stuff...
Why do those two mix???
Well my wife and I finally want to take out savings money for remodeling. I'm going to save us thousands in labor by doing it myself so it's agreed that I'm allowed to have a few hundred at the end for my efforts. I'm just going to let it set on my credit card waiting to pounce...
So needless to say for the next couple of weeks I'm going to be extremely busy.

More shopping with my wife..
Got small budget for car stuff...
Why do those two mix???
Well my wife and I finally want to take out savings money for remodeling. I'm going to save us thousands in labor by doing it myself so it's agreed that I'm allowed to have a few hundred at the end for my efforts. I'm just going to let it set on my credit card waiting to pounce...
So needless to say for the next couple of weeks I'm going to be extremely busy.

Well, I would at least look on ebay everyday, as last winter they had those heads pretty cheap. I think speedmaster has a website too. I am glad you have a budget for heads now, but I feel a little sorry for you since you are starting a remodel. I am about 95 percent done with our kitchen remodel, and just tore into our master bath. I too, do all of our work, but man my joints are killing me. The reason I mention this is you better at least install your CT BEFORE you start working on the house!

Well, I would at least look on ebay everyday, as last winter they had those heads pretty cheap. I think speedmaster has a website too. I am glad you have a budget for heads now, but I feel a little sorry for you since you are starting a remodel. I am about 95 percent done with our kitchen remodel, and just tore into our master bath. I too, do all of our work, but man my joints are killing me. The reason I mention this is you better at least install your CT BEFORE you start working on the house!
yeah that last sentence you mentioned it that's where things are going to get a little dicey! LOL...
I'm out in the garage sanding the trim sweetheart... (Wink-wink...)

yeah that last sentence you mentioned it that's where things are going to get a little dicey! LOL...
I'm out in the garage sanding the trim sweetheart... (Wink-wink...)

That, and I really NEED a new shop vac to do "this" job!

See how stupid I am? It should have been " I really need the stroker motor in the Sweptline to haul all this stuff for the house."

He is saving $ for tires... then he is going to take to the strip. I'm guessing 11's by the seat of my pants. But it will all be in the traction. He has smoked some 12 second cars already.
Scats are mid to low 13s up here. It is fun watching them get crushed by a small block turd. I think the only scat run 11s up here lately was pushing 200+ shot of giggle gas. They are cool cars though.

Scats are mid to low 13s up here. It is fun watching them get crushed by a small block turd. I think the only scat run 11s up here lately was pushing 200+ shot of giggle gas. They are cool cars though.
well, here it's a different story. They run high 11's-12 flat if you got the tires to dead mash 'em out of the hole. Not sure what you consider a turd, but it would take a pretty stout small block running high 10's to "crush" 'em here. Even at your altitude, sounds like it would take a 12 second small block, which in that altitude I wouldn't consider a "turd". LOL

Last edited:
well, here it's a different story. They run high 11's-12 flat if you got the tires to dead mash 'em out of the hole. Not sure what you consider a turd, but it would take a pretty stout small block running 10's to "crush" 'em here. Even at your altitude, sounds like it would take a 12 second small block, which in that altitude I wouldn't consider a "turd". LOL
I guess it depends on the one's personal definition of a " Turd " lol not all Turds are a like.

I guess it depends on the one's personal definition of a " Turd " lol not all Turds are a like.
I'm picturing a 360 pulled out of a maxi van with 185,000 miles untouched with a pair of rusty hedman headers in a street duster with 8.25 rear and 3.21's beating Scat Paks by 4 cars lengths… LOL That's a "turd" for a small block and "crushing" a scat

the turd reference is more of an inside joke. lol Partially the hell cats don't expect my dart to put up a fight.
This run was about 6800ft DA, both of us spinning I just hooked up faster.

the turd reference is more of an inside joke. lol Partially the hell cats don't expect my dart to put up a fight.
This run was about 6800ft DA, both of us spinning I just hooked up faster.

12.2's at 111 mph is what I think I saw on the clock?? Tell us more about your build. engine, converter, gears…. looked like a healthy pass. Yeah, that hellcat did 12.4's but at 120 mph. Some massive spinning caused by equally poor driving that off the line.

-
Back