• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Drove the 318 with dual quads this evening. Had to pick up a couple things and fabricate my own kickdown/throttle extension. There was a light sprinkle so I just drove it in town - idled good, drove good. Car hasn't been on the road in about 6 or 7 months.

Drove the 318 with dual quads this evening. Had to pick up a couple things and fabricate my own kickdown/throttle extension. There was a light sprinkle so I just drove it in town - idled good, drove good. Car hasn't been on the road in about 6 or 7 months.
Come on man I know you got some pictures of this...

Come on man I know you got some pictures of this...
I'll take some tomorrow. It was dark and a slight drizzle when I backed it out of the storage shed. It was a 273 intake that I made fit, and then cobbled some on the throttle/kickdown linkage as well... Seems to work great though... :)

I’m not reading through the previous 230 pages, Did this race ever happen?
Jadaharabi was unable to get his car running/driving before the year ran out. He conceded the race to me on Dec 31st, 2019 at midnight....

Most unfortunate result....any talk of continuing to this year?
Plan is (was) to meet at the dragway and race this year. We'll see how the COVID-19 affects the plan. We weren't going to make a thread for 2020 though.

Plan is (was) to meet at the dragway and race this year. We'll see how the COVID-19 affects the plan. We weren't going to make a thread for 2020 though.
Typical of four out of five of my customers to have gobs of parts I mean so many parts they've lost parts and are buying new parts that they already have and extra cars as well yet nothing done...
I have yet to have a customer not use the term "was gonna" LOL.. all my customers are very nice people and I'll have the best intentions.. it's very gratifying to help them and keep them focused on getting there cars done...
This is one of my exceptions to that rule. Yesterday we were mocking up his 51 Chevy rear frame rails for notching...
It was ironically appropriate when the song low Rider from the group war came on while I was underneath there marking for the notches..
IMG_20200502_114105.jpg

I'm the guy that comes over and says we're "gonna" make it happen together.. last year we took his three on the tree out and put a 5 speed OD on the floor and took out the tube Driveline and put a normal Driveline in with a S10 rear end..

Typical of four out of five of my customers to have gobs of parts I mean so many parts they've lost parts and are buying new parts that they already have and extra cars as well yet nothing done...
I have yet to have a customer not use the term "was gonna" LOL.. all my customers are very nice people and I'll have the best intentions.. it's very gratifying to help them and keep them focused on getting there cars done...
This is one of my exceptions to that rule. Yesterday we were mocking up his 51 Chevy rear frame rails for notching...

It was ironically appropriate when the song low Rider from the group war came on while I was underneath there marking for the notches..
View attachment 1715521273
I'm the guy that comes over and says we're "gonna" make it happen together.. last year we took his three on the tree out and put a 5 speed OD on the floor and took out the tube Driveline and put a normal Driveline in with a S10 rear end..

I almost hit the red X because of your hammer. Straight claw est wing, or nothing for me!

I almost hit the red X because of your hammer. Straight claw est wing, or nothing for me!
Allow me! LOL wrong that is not my hammer! That's my customers hammer. Ironically he handed me that with the chisel I asked for it to break the tack welds to pull those pieces off so I can weld them up. after a few licks with that hammer I said can you hand me something like a real hammer? And go ahead and put this in your grandkids toy box LOL true story...

Allow me! LOL wrong that is not my hammer! That's my customers hammer. Ironically he handed me that with the chisel I asked for it to break the tack welds to pull those pieces off so I can weld them up. after a few licks with that hammer I said can you hand me something like a real hammer? And go ahead and put this in your grandkids toy box LOL true story...

Good to hear! I was beginning to wonder about you...

^^^^ if you guys think for one second that my customers don't suffer the same nut busyings I give you guys then you don't know me very well LOL... They pay and then they pay lol... All in good fun of course I get mine every once in awhile...
The object is to have fun and enjoy these projects either that or it becomes work...

Most unfortunate result....any talk of continuing to this year?

To bring you up to date.

On the 29th I went into the hospital thinking I had pneumonia. I had been taking drugs prescribed by my doctor for a upper respiratory infection. The upper respiratory infection cleared up however it felt like it had moved down into my lungs. Three nights I slept sitting up right cuz if I laid back I was choking. Then on Wednesday night before going to bed I stepped on a nail.
Now I have a history with the stepping on nails last time I did it about 10 years ago I got tetanus and almost lost my left foot.
Well all kinds of crap was happening that night, my sump pump was kicking on and off from the storm we were having and it blew out one of my Plumbing lines in the basement. So I had the pleasure of patching that up. Then sleeping sitting upright again that night.
So the next day is when I went into the hospital. Only it was not pneumonia it was water in my lungs. I had two blocked arteries on the side of my heart.
Of course the ER was all set up for the Coronavirus. So they were thinking that's what I had because I was having problems breathing. But I tested negative much to their surprise.

A slight problem with my heart of 15% ejection fraction. So they've ballooned 2 places and inserted a stent in the main artery called LAD and ballooned the diagonal.
They drew blood about 20 times. Filled my arms with holes, miss the vein 10 times and then wondered why wouldn't let them draw blood off the back of my hands.
Today I went to my doctor for the first follow-up. He was happy to see me walk in.
Other than not being able to breathe because my lungs were full of water I had no pain. The EKG does not show that I had a heart attack. But that's what the doctor is calling it.
So until the lungs filled up I had no idea there was anything going on. The good Lord is looking out for me on this one I think. Anyway in a couple weeks I can start lifting things again.

As for the Dart I just need to hook things up again, the motor is in it.

May the Mopar be with you.

Last edited:
To bring you up to date.

On the 29th I went into the hospital thinking I had pneumonia. I had been taking drugs prescribed by my doctor for a upper respiratory infection. The upper respiratory infection cleared up however it felt like it had moved down into my lungs. Three nights I slept sitting up right cuz if I laid back I was choking. Then on Wednesday night before going to bed I stepped on a nail.
Now I have a history with the stepping on nails last time I did it about 10 years ago I got tetanus and almost lost my left foot.
Well all kinds of crap is happening at night my sump pump was kicking on and off from the storm we were having and it blew out one of my Plumbing lines in the basement. So I had the pleasure of patching that up. And then sleeping sitting upright again that night.
So the next day is when I went into the hospital. Only it was not pneumonia it was water in my lungs. I had two blocked arteries on the side of my heart.
A slight problem with my heart of 15% ejection fraction. So they've ballooned 2 places and inserted a stent in the main artery called LAD and bloomed the diagonal.
They drew blood about 20 times. Filled my arms with holes miss the vein 10 times and then wondered why wouldn't let them draw blood off the back of my hands.
Today I went to my doctor for the first follow-up. He was happy to see me walk in.
Other than not being able to breathe because my lungs were full of water I had no pain. The EKG does not show that I had a heart attack. But that's what the doctor is calling it.
So until the lungs filled up I had no idea there was anything going on. The good Lord is looking out for me on this one I think. Anyway in a couple weeks I can start lifting things again.

As for the Dart I just need to hook things up again, the motor is in it.

May the Mopar be with you.
Man, you take care of yourself. Health is more important than any car.

Agree with the others. Take care and get better. The dart will still be there. Glad you caught that and got it treated.

Duuuude! You need to forget about the Dart and spend 2020 working on your health. Can’t do burnouts in a pine box.
Godspeed brother.

yeah, I don't know about ET slips this year. Our governor isn't very eager to open much up - - but we are the number 4 state on the COVID list.... and the whole state lives under Cook County (Chicago) rules...

yeah, I don't know about ET slips this year. Our governor isn't very eager to open much up - - but we are the number 4 state on the COVID list.... and the whole state lives under Cook County (Chicago) rules...
More importantly how's the weather?

More importantly how's the weather?
cool and sunshine - and I went down and unbolted the wiring harness/electrical boxes and starter off the 440. Why? I have no idea, let me be.....

Last edited:
cool and sunshine - and I went down and unbolted the wiring harness/electrical boxes and starter off the 440. Why? I have no idea, let me be.....
So you can disassemble it take it to the machine shop have it prepped and buy a 440 source stroker kit and a procharger.
:thumbsup::D...

-
Back