400 low buck dont give a

-
Well I finally had time to read your thread, needless to say i'm subscribed lol. Just about to go start my thread on my 440 low buck race build. (if you can consider it low buck lol)

Just cause it wasn't mentioned why you don't lube the back of the bearings, lube behind it will promote spinning a bearing best to be dry and clean. I too am guilty of doin this only on a c15 cat when I first got into diesel mechanics.

:prayer:diesel mech.. now I wish you where closer...lol I would like to do a inframe on my m11 cummins myself... not to sure about it being my work truck...any tips or tricks on working on them???? I do most all the mant. on it now oil,water pump,grease,what ever little stuff that comes up...is it hard to remove the sleeve and replace them???oh its a 1997 m11+:prayer::prayer:

Not too bad. I've always had the speciality tools for it, generic puller and installer but maybe a 2 x 4 and hammer might suffice never tried it lol. Always check liner protrusion after removin and installing liners. Last m11 i worked on was in an International 9200i day cab. half working in the dog house and half under the hood, that being said them shaft mount rockers and getting all three pushrods per hole to stand up at the same time made it very time consuming just to get the rack back on top. If ya do end up doin it let me know your esn I still have all the cummins info so I can get ya torque specs and whatever else ya need.

well guys don't count me out on this thing as I have a little trick up my sleeve ..I will update soon...:Dthis thing I hope will be running before the end of jan. I hope:prayer::prayer:

Haven't been on here In quite a while-man I thought you were well on your way with this but it looks like you got held up a little bit. Good luck man, I hope you get it all put together soon. I recently found out I got an assignment to Hawaii so all my rodding projects will have to take a 4 year hiatus...dammit. Oh well, gives me time to pile up a lot of parts down at Dad's house I guess!!

lol its good to be able to collect parts some time...I got a few new parts my self at home waiting... ordered a new timing gear set,new lifters so I hope something comes together while I am home the weekend....also picked up another 400 the other day may just push it in the dart...don't know way I push myself so much...lol need to stick to 1 car at the time :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

well guys hope all is good..just a little update on this 400 build.. my good buddy bob shingler will be doing the build for me as I really don't have a lot of time to do it being out of town 5/6 days a week working.. and when I am home I have to spend some time with the wife..(or somebody else will) lol:violent1: and I have my race car to finish up soon I hope....:D to many projects not enough time or money to go around....but it will be in great hands with bob I have no doubt about it.. so maybe he will keep this post going with pics and info on the rest of whats going on with it...:prayer::prayer::prayer: got the new timing gear,lifters,rear main seal,so lostd of stuff to be done....:burnout::burnout::burnout:

well guys I got all the parts (I think) to bob tonight...so the build is going to go on now since I am out of town most of the time working...bob my or may not keep this post up to date its up to him...the plan is still the same good running street car with a little bite of gas lol:D:D:D thanks bob for all your help...when this thing is done I hope to drive it to bobs house and take him for a round around town:glasses7:

this is all the stuff that mike brought over last night. i'll keep you posted on what i do as it gets cleaned and assembled. stay tuned

Attachments

• mikes motor 001.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 679
  • mikes motor 006.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 675
  • mikes motor 005.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 670
  • mikes motor 004.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 663
  • mikes motor 003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 654
  • mikes motor 002.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 675
my build is similar, but different

KB240 pistons .030 over
block zero decked
performer rpm heads. milled slightly. 10.5:1 comp ratio
msd 8386 dizzy (has ign box built in, no external box or ballast resistor)
msd blaster 2 coil
performer rpm intake
holley 750 carb

i spent more... way more. but you could get closer to me by either swapping to KB pistons or by milling the head/block a bit to get your compression up (i wouldnt go over 9:1 with stock heads)

well as you guys can see its in good hands now...lol:D:Di just don't have a lot of time working out of town and home 1/2 days at the most.....:prayer::prayer::prayer:I think it will have a little more compression then most think it will...:D:D

woooooooow looking good bob.. damn you have only had it a few days and have done way more then I did as long as I had it...lol :D:D:D:cheers::cheers: I will try and give you a call tomorrow when I get in if I get in lol....

hey bob I forgot to ask you which carb you think I should use on this thing???? the 750 or the 950 I had on the little 340:D

that's what I was thinking bob now I have a 750 for sale lol:D:D:Dgoing to get the duster back in the shop next week end and do a few things to it while your doing the motor. really need a good set of shocks up front.. don't really care for the comp 3way that's on it now...going to put the ss springs back on it and the race axles....really wish I could sell the 456 gear and get me a 430....maybe I can get this thing to 60' better this time then before...:D

i'm thinking that this motor will like the 4.56. those comp 3-ways worked pretty darn good on your hotrod. i was impress with the way the thing moved out of the hole.

lol I think I have more in it some where in the chassis.. with only a 1.67 60' at the best run.. with the ss springs ,maybe a better (longer)shock on the back then.. the car would leave pretty good wheels in the air but then it would go back to spinning ...but that's something ill address once we start testing this thing with the gas on it...:D:D:D:D sorry I didn't make it out there today, I will get raheem to come up and pick the valves up one day this week I hope..he is working 2nd shift so he has time ...lol:glasses7: also ill send the cam bearing tool up if you want.. I should be back home Friday and can come up and bring it then if that works...just let me know whats good for you and ill try to make it happen

hey bob good news just got the word the cutters are on the way :prayer::prayer::prayer:.. I made a offer and they took me up on it...:D:D

saturday will be fine for everything. you'll need to pick up some valve stem locks and some a couple bags of sand to blast the heads and intake. i have to wait until it warms up a bit to blast and touch the head ports up, plus match the intake and head ports to each other. will need it warmer to pressure wash the motor too or everything will freeze including me.

-
Back