400 low buck dont give a

-
Any updates fellas. I have been watching this from day one. I can't wait until this thing is fires off. Ain't nothing like seeing a low buck build come together to see how it turns out. :burnout:

UPDATE-nothing is happening. the masonary sand i picked up to blast with is crappy. not the stuff i'm used to getting, too many big pieces in it. plus i can't find a one piece work suit anywhere around here to wear while blasting. mikes still working on his garage also.

Hate to hear that. I know how you feel though. If it ain't one thing slowing you down it's another.

hope we can get back on this in the next few days .. I have been out of work from when my truck was hit on the job and its still in the shop from 3/23 and was told the 15th it would be ready..so as bob said I have been working / redoing my shop and have got along was on it ..almost done and glad I did I love it now...lol a lot of room to work/relax/just do nothing if I like ..lol I do plan to get going on this thing ..need to get it out of bobs way I know he wants to do things to his hot rod as well.....:D:D

Buy SA CarTech books. I have several, also learning college level math helps with a lot. I'll admit I can't usually just throw out numbers without a lot of research, cross checking and always learn something new. If I were you, I'd just grab a peppy pre-built motor if all's you want is spinnin cookies sort of fun and hock those parts to pay for it.

Buy SA CarTech books. I have several, also learning college level math helps with a lot. I'll admit I can't usually just throw out numbers without a lot of research, cross checking and always learn something new. If I were you, I'd just grab a peppy pre-built motor if all's you want is spinnin cookies sort of fun and hock those parts to pay for it.

huh????

UPDATE---------i wasn't feeling so hot today and didnt want to put joint compound on the ceiling of the parlor i'm restoring. so out to the garage i went. i wanted to find the install centerline of mike's cam. with the crank sprocket in the 2A the intake valve opens at the 9 btdc the crane card calls for and has an centerline of 104. 4A is 102 and 6A is 100. it's no wonder the card said rough idle. i think we should leave it where it's at.
i miked the exhaust valves and the head is mushroomed .002" which is why we had a tough time getting them in the guides and they need refaced anyway. so i'm thinking 8 new ones would be the order of the day. i'll mike the intakes in a minute or two. i'm back and they are ok.

Glad to see that motor going to good use. I can't wait to see a video of this thing running.
-Forrest

The carb will not drown the engine. Size of carb has NOTHING to do with it. QUOTE]

Well, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. An 1150 Dominator, no matter what "state of tune", will not function correctly on a slant 6. Likewise, I doubt a 390cfm Holley will work on a 600 in. blown Hemi.

They make different size carbs for different size engines and applications. Otherwise, Holley/Edelbrock etc would only have to make 1 carburetor size... 2000cfm...and it would fit all engines.

Chrysler used 800cfm carbs right from the factory on <150HP smogger 318's that never topped 4000RPM. I saw a car with a little 302 engine running a 950cfm HP-series Holley...and theory be damned, it ran great!

A good friend of mine runs an 850 HP Holley on his 4.6 4V...then again, it runs low 6s in the 1/8...

been trying to get my dump truck back to go to work ...got it Friday and went to work today Tuesday may 28 and drive shaft broke this morning:banghead::banghead::banghead: damn when it rain it pours.....out 2 mths truck in body shop now this ...but i'll make it ..soon as I get things back on my work truck ill get it done :prayer::prayer:

This thread just took my whole morning. I really appreciate all the work and documentation you guys put in here. Totally subscribed.

thanks for the kind words ...bob is the man glad to have a buddy like him...maybe we will have some tire smoke to post so :D:D:D:D:D:D

was nice and cool in the morning so i set up the sand blaster and did the intake(man was that thing in bad shape)and heads. ran out of sand on the heads so i didn't take a pic but here's the intake. now mike needs to find some time and head on up to pick up the heads and get a valve job done. then we can get her done and in his duster. oh and i found a real nice sand blaster at a friends yard sale for him too.

Attachments

• mikes motor 035.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 398
  • mikes motor 036.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 387
Not too shabby. I'm still trying to figure out just how much money I want to put into my 383...I figure a good set of zero deck pistons will be the biggest single hit item.

well little update from me ..I see bob is still working on things thanks bob:prayer::prayer::prayer: back to work and hope all keeps going well so I can finish this motor....ready to take bob for a ride and do a burn out lol...so I plan to get up to bobs or send my son soon to pick the heads up and put them in the shop for a valve job and hope to pick up some new valves for it...so keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well with my truck :D:D:D

if you're going to come and pick the heads up this weekend will be your last opportunity. next week i'm going to penn. to work and i don't know when i'll be back. it could be weeks, months or years. don't forget the send blaster that my friend saved for you.

-
Back