~450hp from stock stroke 340?

-
I am getting to the party late, but there is no way I would use Keith Black pistons. You can get a much higher quality off the shelf piston with ICON and they have a lot of SBM options.

Tom

I didn’t recommend KB pistons I just grabbed the very first post in the 11.20 area to show how easy 450 horsepower is to make. Unported Edelbrock heads too that flow 255-260cfm compared to 300

I am getting to the party late, but there is no way I would use Keith Black pistons. You can get a much higher quality off the shelf piston with ICON and they have a lot of SBM options.

Tom

Sure, but for a naturally aspirated street car, 450 hp build you don't need to spend more money on forged pistons.

And, they have a fraction of the options for SBM as the KB's do.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that forged pistons are more durable and usually a higher quality. I'm just saying if you're building an NA street car and not a drag race machine you don't need them at the 450 hp power level. I've got KB's in my 340, like anything if you do the machining and set the ring gaps correctly for a hypereutectic piston they're fine in the right application.

-
Back