6.1 Hemi into 72 Demon March 2018

-
So full disclosure, several hours ago while I still had energy and clarity of thought I was figuring on getting the support frames fabricated for the seats and get em spotted! Hah! LMAO! Not even close! Doesn’t everyone have targets set up in their shot to practice quick drawing on? Seats never moved! Listening to some Cross Canadien Ragweed, you guys all recognize them right?

56EACC94-4011-4AAD-920A-58DE2CDF15BA.jpeg

Slopar has it dialed in, you got a wood stove and a hound and ya got a fixture! Hah! Good looking hound. Wife sequestered herself in her office today to do tax junk. Me n Hemi did what any self respecting cowards will do and hid in the shop, want no part of sorting out tax stuff. Of course next thing ya knew the music got turned up, the wrenching got put down and the toddies got poured. Middle of afternoon wife poked her head into the shop and exclaimed she was cooking a nice dinner and expected me to be sober for it? Hah! That horse is out of the barn! You guys and one girl are the best!
Damn I miss my booze. Bout ready to tell ol' saw bones to F-off. Been over 50 days and got another birthday comin'. Reminds me of a poem my Dad used to say...

"I've been doing some thinkin' 'bout drinkin' and a thought just entered my head.
"If a man can't drink while he's livin', how the Hell can he drink while he's dead?"
I have more. lol Have a nice evening folks.

Damn I miss my booze. Bout ready to tell ol' saw bones to F-off. Been over 50 days and got another birthday comin'. Reminds me of a poem my Dad used to say...

"I've been doing some thinkin' 'bout drinkin' and a thought just entered my head.
"If a man can't drink while he's livin', how the Hell can he drink while he's dead?"
I have more. lol Have a nice evening folks.
Great to hear from ya BP! Hope you are wintering well, me and my Brother may be in your neck o woods come summer. If so we will crash your place! Of course we got no airplane like Fred! Just Harleys!

Great to hear from ya BP! Hope you are wintering well, me and my Brother may be in your neck o woods come summer. If so we will crash your place! Of course we got no airplane like Fred! Just Harleys!
Sure thing SLO. My door is always open. Gotta get me a target for the shop too. First thing I noticed in that last pic. lol. MT just joined other freedom loving states with HB 102. Montana’s self-defense law allowing law-abiding Montana gun owners to carry a firearm for self-defense throughout the state without a government-mandated permit.

Hard to beat Starett. Might want to practice your Kegels... Keeps the drips off of your boots. HA! Like I got room to talk.

So just cuz ya got it running don’t mean she’s done. This weekend I have been sorting out steering column. I had to nudge center line of column over a bit to create space for 6.1 and associated headers. This In turn made factory cover plate useless. I will machine out a new bushing to fit in four bolt clamp rig pictured. Next step is cleaning up jumpers I had to improv to get her to fire (red wire drug across tunnel) Then once I get tangled mess of wires somewhat under control I will fabricate some kind of sexy fuse box cover plate that is easily removable. Hemi says what’s up! I had to move her chair. She is not happy with me. Her chair is a legit lazy boy high end recliner that was on CL. It was broken, all I had to do was repair it and put casters under it! All in 40 bucks! I have to travel out of state this weekend for some equipment trials so won’t get very far.

View attachment 1715694026

View attachment 1715694027

View attachment 1715694028
Love that picture Hemi John !!Takes a lot to get the Demon all buttoned up, great job!!

Dear moderators this not a political post merely a pix of my favorite wrench and calipers! And PS don’t eat the yellow snow! Pix outside shop door!

View attachment 1715694062

View attachment 1715694063

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on "The Judge." I need to spit a few rounds out of one but here lately we have had a couple of whack jobs off themselves at Ranges nearby that rent guns so I need for spring to come and let the crazies get some sunlight..... 2A baby, all the way!!!

JW

So today I actually got the seats sorted out. It is a bit difficult as my wife and I are a full foot apart in height. And she does not want to tape blocks to the pedals. So placement and adjustments are critical. I finally got it sorted out. And yes the back seat is being deleted. I am over six ft and like to drive stretched out. My wife is barely over five ft. Rani will understand! For those that don’t know Rani is a long time FABO legend. She is quite short as well but a righteous mechanic in her own right. So anyway since I had to relocate and fabricate support structure that is what the sq tube is for. I could have used washers I guess but chose not to. I also most always work alone so I welded bolts to frame, in that way I can simply drop seats in place and tighten up bolts on underside. The floor pan pix are showing the 9000 holes I get to patch from previous owners shenanigans. And the Smokey one is well.... a welder will only suffer a drill for so long until we say F it and grab a torch! Hah! I just taped the wires up on the tunnel to get them out of my way! Great day up here on the tundra. Can’t wait to get carpet!

786534AE-5CE1-4AA1-BBE6-5995BC39FA7A.jpeg

3660DD15-AB96-40EC-B51B-B91D2A252C80.jpeg

94754C4B-40C8-4ECC-84C3-C0113FCE34DC.jpeg

53B5D6D6-4D11-4F07-BF2F-5CEFAED78322.jpeg

BED4CBCB-9019-454A-B5FD-4B601251B617.jpeg

1A33FCE1-6935-4C91-8D44-996D1C648325.jpeg

I guess I should have clarified the double nuts are so that I could tweak the bolts for alignment issues. If you put a couple of nuts on a bolt you can then thrash it with a hammer and bend it to your will without damaging the threads.

7FE08F92-A0B5-436A-9D06-817F27F53EF9.jpeg

A little heads up if you don't mind , when I put my carpet in I used a wood burning tool to make the holes for the bolt holes. Put a scratch all from the top and then come up the bottom with the wood burning tool . Makes a nice neat hole with no fraying . If you know this already , just skip this post..lol

Sublime hammer. :) Nice work. One more word... Unibit.
Hah, ya mean like the Unibit I smoked? I was on a weld flange so going thru two layers and some how it got tempered a bit. It was hard as sin. I pitched the Unibit and grabbed a fresh single bit, to no avail. That was when I said screw it and grabbed the torch!

A little heads up if you don't mind , when I put my carpet in I used a wood burning tool to make the holes for the bolt holes. Put a scratch all from the top and then come up the bottom with the wood burning tool . Makes a nice neat hole with no fraying . If you know this already , just skip this post..lol
Thanks for the input! That is the great part of these kind of threads, great ideas all the time on a wide range of topics!

Glad to see you making steady progress brother. Sitting in Riyadh wishing I was wrenching....

Hah, ya mean like the Unibit I smoked? I was on a weld flange so going thru two layers and some how it got tempered a bit. It was hard as sin. I pitched the Unibit and grabbed a fresh single bit, to no avail. That was when I said screw it and grabbed the torch!

Unibit? What is this, American chooper lol..... Metal is a fickle things sometimes.... I swear if it's old iron at the plant and I am poking holes in it I can destroy some drillbits.... Keep it up, you'll get it done....

JW

Say hi to Freida .Sure is keeping me busy. You forget what puppys are like ....lol

View attachment 1715701078
Oh man they melt my heart! She is gorgeous! Wife wants two pups, male and female a pair of litter mates. She has clearly forgotten about pups! Hemi is aging and she wants to train the pups while we still have Hemi with us. At the very least let’s just call Hemi a bit possessive of me. Translated she can be a jealous wench! I am just not sure how she would do with a pair of pups. I fear she might hurt them. And quite honestly I am not satisfied I have enough energy stamina or heart to manage and balance three at the same time! But I am envious of you having the new pup and the process of watching them grow and mature. It is like they change daily. There is simply nothing better for a mans soul than a good hound!

Oh man they melt my heart! She is gorgeous! Wife wants two pups, male and female a pair of litter mates. She has clearly forgotten about pups! Hemi is aging and she wants to train the pups while we still have Hemi with us. At the very least let’s just call Hemi a bit possessive of me. Translated she can be a jealous wench! I am just not sure how she would do with a pair of pups. I fear she might hurt them. And quite honestly I am not satisfied I have enough energy stamina or heart to manage and balance three at the same time! But I am envious of you having the new pup and the process of watching them grow and mature. It is like they change daily. There is simply nothing better for a mans soul than a good hound!
I just cannot imagine having two , but then again Freida lost her mother and brothers and sisters , which she would play with , now they are gone and you are the target. So it might be easier with two . And you are so right about energy and stamina , she wakes me up at 5:00 /6:00 am and we keep going until late night with a few small naps in between . If you do get 2 remember me for pics.

I just cannot imagine having two , but then again Freida lost her mother and brothers and sisters , which she would play with , now they are gone and you are the target. So it might be easier with two . And you are so right about energy and stamina , she wakes me up at 5:00 /6:00 am and we keep going until late night with a few small naps in between . If you do get 2 remember me for pics.
Of course! And that is the exact reason for two! Takes some load off!

-
Back