6 spd swap progress

-
Going back together, now is the time to be patient.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 006.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,303
  • 004.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,268
Getting there!

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 025.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,220
Nice! Hell even I cannot wait till the maiden voyage and hear the first impressions. Keep up the good work.

First impression is it is AWESOME! Still dialing in a few things but 90mph at 2250 rpm is the bomb! Car just lopes along effortlessly.

Looks great !! 2250 at 90 mph , so at legal speeds you're just idling , perfect for gas mileage . Think you're close to a 200 mph top end .
Wondering what springs you have in the rear

I have Hotchkis for now, they are lower than I like. Having driveshaft to floor issues and have to run a snubber which everyone says is a no no with a handling car.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,077
Good to hear the trans is working out so well! I'd give one of my nuts for that trans,lol..

I like your front seats.What are they?

Yonaka Ronins. They are ok, I havent been able to compare them to anything else but I will say they are kinda flimsy. The stitching,synthetic leather and comfort is good. And you have to make your own levers so they fold forward since the recline is adjustable with a rotary knob.

So total side note and you may have covered this somewhere else, but did you get your rear seats custom upholstered to match your front ones or are those stock style covers? My front buckets are from a Viper and have a black sort of base with grey pads and I've been thinking about doing a grey insert in the rear ones on the backs and bottoms (like where yours has the ribs) to match. Didn't know if it would be easier to get stock covers and swaps panels or just have a place do them from scratch.

So total side note and you may have covered this somewhere else, but did you get your rear seats custom upholstered to match your front ones or are those stock style covers? My front buckets are from a Viper and have a black sort of base with grey pads and I've been thinking about doing a grey insert in the rear ones on the backs and bottoms (like where yours has the ribs) to match. Didn't know if it would be easier to get stock covers and swaps panels or just have a place do them from scratch.
I took one of my fronts out the guy here that is really good and told him to match the backs to the fronts. He charged me $250!
Wicked Cool!
Thanks, it was a challenge for sure but I would do it again!
I Do Agree with Weak440.

Have very much like watching this come together..Well done..

And thank you too!

my car had the upper crossmember cut out to fit a 4l80e in it. fabricator just triangulated what was left into the sub-frame connectors.....

my car had the upper crossmember cut out to fit a 4l80e in it. fabricator just triangulated what was left into the sub-frame connectors.....

Do you think it's tough enough for what your doing?

K now I remember the discussions we had about the 4l80 trans. Yes your right,it's plenty tough enough.My poor mans o.d granny tranny 833 will do for me I guess. I will keep my eyes peeled for the deal of a century on anything with better ratio's!

i thought you were talking about the front end. the 4l80 with minimal upgrades can deal with 1000+ hp so i am not worried about that. my buddy has built a few of them for some off road guys, if they can survive 800 hp in a 6500 pound truck pretty sure it will survive in a street car.....

Yer it been really good to follow your build. It will be a real help on my 68 Cuda Gen2 Viper powered Project Thank you for your post. Steve

I never showed the pedal box installed with adjustable stops so here it is.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 854
  • 006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 825
whats the diff ratio and tyre size ? if you are doing 2250rpm at 90mph .thank you its been good to see.

-
Back