Separate names with a comma.
Did the same treatment to the front bumper.
Forgot to post this. I started on my EPAS steering unit. It's a great clean kit. However, like every other hotrod part, it needs to be modified. Supposed to be for an A Body Mopar. It appears to be for an early A which is strange because nothing is for an early A.
"nothing is for an early A" That's for sure! I solved that problem by going with Detroit Speed's Alumaframe front suspension. Shhh, it's for an early Mustang.
I don't think I can afford to look at this. I did glance at it, do I owe you anything?
Haha! It actually wasn't that bad, considering that it includes the aluminum crossmember, rack & pinion steering, all control arms, etc. In fact, the whole assembly was less than half the cost of those Alcon brakes!
Sent the hood to paint. Worked on the wiring/fuse/relay panel. Running relays on just about everything.
Nicely laid out
Following very very closely! Love it.
A/C Delete. Could not find a part. Tried a shorter belt but with the power steering delete, the belt hit the tensioner. Bought a used compressor on ebay for $50. I still have the brand new one that came with the motor. Put a new bearing in the pulley and just used the front part of the housing.
Finished the EPAS/Steering column.
Cool looking steering setup! Got pics of motor end?
I am following this build, just like the last one you did.
I will take and post some.
Innovative and excellent!!
Here you go.
Can't wait to see it mounted. Been wanting to do this and fix the column misalignment/angle at the same time so the steering wheel is square.
Sorry text disappeared . I was thinking of doing the same thing but I ordered an a/c delete pulley from an older Hemi and just used pulley. The picture shows the mock up bracket. I have since made a heavier bracket with a strut going to the motor mount to keep it from flexing under load.
He's running a Hellcat engine. It's quite a different animal because of the totally different front cover...
Yes I know, but the later truck engine mounts the compressor simular and have no p/s pump. I was just saying I was considering the same solution. Here's an updated pic of my belt setup. Had to relocate alternator to clear throttle body.
Making the bracket was my first idea but I'd still need the pulley. Just figured $50 + a $7 bearing was more attractive than spending a day getting the bracket right. Love the idea though.
Here's what mine looks like with A/C and P/S.
This is what it looked like when we were planning on using an electric P/S pump.
Sent out the Quick Performance Brand X rear end for powder coating. Built a jig for the engine stand.