68 Barracuda 225 to 440 to 426

-
Your project is over the top , looks great . Many years ago I had a 67 fastback I put a 426 Hemi in, this was way before any of the great kits were thought of . I just wacked off the hemi mounts off of a 65 hemi k member and set the motor in place and welded them in .Found a set of the factory headers from a wreaked SS dart and massaged they in place . Things were so much cheaper back them . I have one thought to pass on to you . Your picture showing the spark plug wires have the small boots for the plug tubes , the big boots were used to keep dirt from falling into the tube and going into the motor when pulling the spark plugs , just thought I would mention it . Hate to see anything get ruined with your project . Anyway great work . looking forward to seeing your progress .
Thanks for the tips. Let see some pictures of your car.

A 65 K in a 67?....you are a magician!
I cut the mounts off of my 67 k member and did the same with the 65 k member , bolted the cut off mount to the engine and set the motor in place . Welded them down to my 67 k member , in fact I used a 4 speed to start with but changed put up a 727 later . This was 40 years ago .

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Let see some pictures of your car.
My 67 is long gone but working on my 65 AFX Coronet look up For B bodies only page 10 look for 1965 AFX Coronet . Have not done much to it lately just moved and built a garage . Also look on this site page 11 Old Mans 66 cuda funnycar build . Ended selling this and moving to Georgia . Two many cars and health . Am 72 years old .John

I cut the mounts off of my 67 k member and did the same with the 65 k member , bolted the cut off mount to the engine and set the motor in place . Welded them down to my 67 k member , in fact I used a 4 speed to start with but changed put up a 727 later . This was 40 years ago .

I'm seeing it now, for some reason, I was assuming the 65 K member you spoke of was a A body K.....my bad. Maybe you are not Houdini....maybe more of a MacGyver.

I'm seeing it now, for some reason, I was assuming the 65 K member you spoke of was a A body K.....my bad. Maybe you are not Houdini....maybe more of a MacGyver.
YEP use what ever on hand to make things work . A couple of my cars I built 1972 Colt and 66 cuda funnycar .
1972-Dodge-Colt-1.jpg
IMG_1720.JPG

I just killed a half an hour going beginning front to last post. Well worth the time! Details are amazing. The car has so many hours in it for construction and then 5 x’s the hours planning the next move. This dart is like a game of chess!

Absolutely amazing
How the heck do you change sparkplugs on that?!!!!!

Jeff
It’s actually not that bad you just loosen up the master cylinder and you are able to move it enough to get the plug out

I ended up taking out the original transmission crossmember and installing a 73 one. I like this style.

6DAF5095-A198-4314-8DAB-50865DEDA96F.jpeg

Little more room on the firewall with using HemiDenny’s bulkhead bracket. Very nice.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Pillows and belt installed
Oil pressure switch for factory and aftermarket gauge installed.

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

All Exhaust with Cutouts all back in for the final time. It is tight, hopefully no rattles.

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

just spitballin'.....you are not concerned compressing the rear suspension and crushing your tail pipes?

-
Back