70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
The car has come a long way, looking good, nice work. :thumbsup:
It would have been done months and months ago if we didn't have to unscrew his first engine build and some sucker talked him into a tunnel ram and all that welding.

Plus, the DOGS run that place. Don't kid yourself, the dogs rule up on the big hill no matter what he says.

Right on, loving the progress!

Very interested in seeing how the floor goes in. At the rate I’ve been pulling motors I’d like to find an easier way to get to the tranny bolts!

Pulling for ya on the cage cert!

The car has come a long way, looking good, nice work. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much.

IMG_20240302_182326250_HDR.jpg

I almost forgot these braces from the front bars to the shock towers.
I was fairly Shakey at the end of the day lol.

Right on, loving the progress!

Very interested in seeing how the floor goes in. At the rate I’ve been pulling motors I’d like to find an easier way to get to the tranny bolts!

Pulling for ya on the cage cert!
Thank you !
Hopefully the floor goes in by itself lol.
I have a "sorta" idea for the remaining framing, I set my main hoop really high so I can set my seat way up ...I love to see things when I'm going fast.

Tomorrow I'm going to recheck all my welds, I know I have a lot of undercut and I'm unsure what the rules are about undercut but it is weaker in that area so I better fix it and make sure it's right.

How many convertible darts were produced in 1970 ???
Uh none !
How many convertible darts were made March 3rd 2024 ???
Uh 1 !
Lol making some progress today. Inspecting all my welds again.
Chopped the rust off also because cage cert dude will love it lol.

IMG_20240303_113314058_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240303_113350897_HDR.jpg

I can't move that jack

Frik & feck. I spent an hour wire brushing my cage and welds. Thought I try and fill in the undercut and a few joints have porosity from me welding way to cold last summer.
Fixing that crap now.
I have tomorrow off so I'll hopefully be completely done and sure of my cages soundness.

Well, I dropped it once so ya never know lol
You sure made me feel better for all the dumb **** I usually do to myself!

When I was a teenager living with my mom, I bought a 73 Dart sport and I was working on it in the garage. Set the E brake, worked on the front brakes. Without thinking I lifted the rear to do the rear brakes, as soon as both tires were off the ground the car rolled back and pinned me to the garage door.

Luckily it was level ground, and I’m a Neanderthal, I was able to push the car forward. Dented the **** out of the garage door and learned a valuable lesson about wheel chocks.

You sure made me feel better for all the dumb **** I usually do to myself!

When I was a teenager living with my mom, I bought a 73 Dart sport and I was working on it in the garage. Set the E brake, worked on the front brakes. Without thinking I lifted the rear to do the rear brakes, as soon as both tires were off the ground the car rolled back and pinned me to the garage door.

Luckily it was level ground, and I’m a Neanderthal, I was able to push the car forward. Dented the **** out of the garage door and learned a valuable lesson about wheel chocks.
Lol, that's a good story.

Alright so I'm calling the cage and welds good.
Only one way to find out if it's good.
Tomorrow I'll be setting my rear frame rails to the body again & doing further removal of factory sheet metal on the rails 1st.
Thanks everyone for following along too.

It would have been done months and months ago if we didn't have to unscrew his first engine build and some sucker talked him into a tunnel ram and all that welding.

Plus, the DOGS run that place. Don't kid yourself, the dogs rule up on the big hill no matter what he says.
I'm going to get rid of all 3 dogs when my wife is at work and play dumb....I don't know where the dogs are meanwhile I took them down to Tim's.

-
Back