71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
watched the tractor drag the track after every two runs from the nmca cars...that was enough for me....

we ran some passes between 3pm and 6pm...you know the hot part of the day...

well..jetted the duster up...and it basically ran the same...gotta love that E85,,,,,

Tonya Dart...10.640...10.644...and then 10.617 all near 125.....had her best 60 ft time in Vegas ...1.423

1st time trial at 11 am...2nd at noon...1st round of eliminations suppose to be at 4pm...I am better it is later...as we watch the tractor drag the track again...and again..

Rained hard here for 3 hrs(flood like)shelter collapsed..junk now.Lasted 6 yrs with plenty of use.I guess a new shelter from Santa coming for Turkey Day.Cars been running great all summer,even been winning some cash.:burnout:

Just another hot and muggy day...

Duster runs 11.11 and 11.09 in time trials..with .032 and .027 lights..

goes -.002 red in 1st round with a 11.11 on a 11.09....

Dart...10.68 and 10.63 in time trials...and loses close one in lights by .010..as both cars run .016 over dial in...

So we are now planning to get both cars to Bakersfield for the mega mopar race 1st weekend in Oct...

And my dam TAG Weather station died.........****..and the company is no longer in business...

dont ever put batteries in a electronic device without your classes on...even if you are getting help from someone that does not wear classes...

Double Check the batteries this morning..reseated them or whatever....the Tag Weather station is still alive...

Ok...The Duster getting parts changed out....

The Mopar M1 is being swapped out for Eddy victor intake....I knew I had one...just had to look in the right place..

Swapping out TTi stepped headers for the old tried and true Hooker 5204.....

CRAP! that race in Bakersfield is the first weekend!!! I better get back to work!!!

Worked on the old Duster today...Changed out Mopar M1 for Eddy victor and checked valve adjustments...only had to adjust on exhaust valve...was a hair loose..

Motor looks extremely clean inside ....must be that e85....

Only problem..lousy Amercian made intake manifold would not let my American Made Mopar Race electronic distributor fit ....had to tape off distributor hole and grind casting on Victor intake...amazing the intake fit just fine with the Mopar M1...

Got Header to do next....was going to do it tomorrow...but dam job interview came up....

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 284
Job interview today...Wow..somebody wants me....LOL

Wont start for several weeks...but they offered what I was getting paid at last company....way overpaid........

got hooker 5204 headers on car....the tti header bolts are a little too long....got a set from summit coming tomorrow...one thing i noticed about the tti...they certainly weight a few pounds more then the hookers...and their gasket do not quite fit the ported eddy exhaust very well...the Mr Gasket header gasket is a clean fit...

daughter asked why i was changing intake and headers....told her i want this thing to run faster...why else...dam kids...lol

header were a tight fit....was wondering WTF...dart and demon both have hooker 5204 ...

while i was getting the starter back on...i noticed that the header are rubbing against oil pan...bingo....this engine has a Milodon oil pan...the other two have Moroso oil pans...

that is where the rub is...next time the header are off ...I will smack the oil pan with a BFH....the milodon has bulges...the moroso is pretty much flat..

Gearing up to go to Bakersfield ...Mega Mopar Action...2 day race....with a Dart and Duster

Ever have one of those days...went everything is kind of up in the air

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 237
Get that red one going if you are too lazy to drive. I know someone. LOL

charge the batteries..and put fuel in the tank....it is ready

ok...Duster fired with hooker headers on it....burned off paint....smoked for a few minutes....

pretty much ready to go...

10 day forcast at Famoso....calls for highs in the low 70s.....

pretty sure that best of 11.04 is going to get killed...and maybe that Dart will run in the .20s....

all the stuff to get done to go out of town...checking trailers...greasing wheel bearings...lights...getting trucks ready....

gotta call Bakersfield this afternoon...they dont have much of a schedule posted for the event....trying to figure on went to leave Vegas..

You REALLY don't want that happening. We'd be out picking up ho's. LOL

He is a cutie....that boy is not going to have problems with the girls...lol

Well...repaired a dent in my trailer that Tonya's future brother in law did...backed into the trailer....dipshit..

-
Back