71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
worked last night ....got the rear upper shock mount in the right place....90 degrees both direction...had to make a small cut in trunk floor....got everything lined up and went home..

back this morning...double checked everything to make sure nothing moved over night....tach welded...got the shocks out of the way.....and finished welding...

got the shocks and springs back on...driveshaft back in place...got the rear brakes bleed...and put the slicks back on.....lowered car back on it all 4 wheels....everything looks good....

climbed under car to check right high on shocks......those check out...with room for adjustment...

I think the Fuster is now a Duster again.....tomorrow night...8 pm ...1st time run...LOL

for both the Dart and Duster...

well...the work thing....one job fell thru cause of the bid was too high for the project...state rejected it...so that job is gone.....got that call yesterday....this morning the other job in Sacramento called...It looks pretty good...the old company I used to work for has the job...looking for inspector for summer...

Well...I am excite to go racing tonight....

suppose to be 104 .....

current weather...LOL

temperature = 100.0 deg f
relative humidity = 11 %
uncorrected barometer* = 27.74 Hg
density altitude = 5293.45 ft

buddy of mine from Flagstaff with the 6pak Road Runner chose to go to Tucson instead. 104 when he got there with a DA of 7400ft :)

Vegas DA last night was only 5300 ft...

well...everything came home in one piece....

71 Dart...1st pass...fishtailed to a 10.74 @ 124.....after that round of Pro...they sprayed the track...next round she ran 10.69........

1st round...ran 10.686 on 10.69....she needs larger rear view mirrors....the other car had a reaction time that started with a .7 and was 3 tenths off his dial in...,,she was off the gas....as the car speed was 119......1000 ft clocks showed the car would have run 10.65......I thought those Dana 60s slow cars down...LOL

71 Duster.....ran a best of 11.09 at 119....but she went 3 rounds......kid said the car ran smooth and straight....

71 Demon....ran 11.04 @ 120...second pass 11.08......

1st round....car launched...and came to a immediate stop by the driver....as the steering wheel was no longer connected to the shaft.....I was recentering the wheel while moving thru the staging lanes ...and I guess I did not push down to lock it....

Well...next race is not until the end of August....

three cars in... three cars home in one piece! things are looking up!!! I've probably dropped to 25 or worse in points now! :)

Whoa...climbed in cars to get them back in the garage...dam water temp gauge just sitting there are at 150 degrees....can not touch anything metal with bare hands...had shorts on....had to put racing jacket on seat ...

dam to hot...

dam...nothing broke on cars...I dont know what to do with myself....LOL

Ok...earlier this year, I put 4 wheel electric brakes on Trailer no.2...it had a surge brake...

never removed the surge brake coupler....cut it off yesterday....and going to do little bit of grinding and weld on new coupler...plus I need to change out the 7 pin trailer plug....only one I could find at the time was plastic...and it did not last long...cracked....got a metal cased one this afternoon......a little rewiring is needed....

cooling trend coming only suppose to be 100 to 103 this weekend.

Great job Tony,You need me to drive out and put cooling in your garage for you??? LOL--steve

Well..finished repairing the wiring on two trailers plus new tail lights assemblies on one of the trailers.....putting new 7 blade plugs on them also plus removing a surge brake coupler off the trailer and welding on a regular coupler on it since the trailer now has electric brakes....

I am not sure if I have anything else to do...LOL

Well....getting back to racing this weekend....been a pretty nice summer...

TnT Friday night....bracket Race Saturday night.......probably take two cars for the TnT for the girls...

and see what happens for Saturday...

I guess went you dont have a job...aka retired...you lose track of went a holiday is...LOL

I thought Labor day was next weekend...made reservations to go out of town for the wrong weekend.....but remade them for this weekend...

Going out to the track friday night...but will not be racing friday or saturday...the girls will be...

Looks like August is back.... have fun racing this weekend!! gonna be a hot one....:(

Amazing....was not really hot ..mid 90s....until it is race weekend...

I guess we should have been racing all month...but NO.............

I am heading for Lake Havasu in the morning until Tuesday....probably hotter then too..

Beautiful night at the LVMS.....104 degrees out....they say TnT starts at 3 pm....ok...how about 5 pm....gotta wait for the Jr Dragster....plus after each round of Jrs...they go drag the track...I think that tractor make more passes then anyone else tonight..

71 Dart...got a new transbrake button in car...

rt... ET

-.123 10.688
.046 10.71
.041 10.70
.031 10.70

after 1st red light we made an adjustment...then on last pass we added a small shim to see what it would do....and it responded ...

71 Duster

11.09.....119... same as what was on the window from last race
11.15..........took air cleaner off...car slowed
11.11.........air clean back on....kind of thinking it might be a little lean...
she lost one passes cause of the front hood pins came off....and corner of hood began to come up.....

anyway...the two kids will be at it again tomorrow night...as I will be out of town..

Got another race next weekend....thinking about doing a intake manifold swap on duster take Mopar m1 off...and put on eddy super victor for one race...gotta try that thing out...

Well...Lake Havasu ....got that off the bucket list..

Well...back in Vegas...

71 Duster went 11.11 at 119 in both time runs...

redlighted and ran 11.046 @ 120...in 1st round

suppose to be only 96 on this coming Saturday.....the NMCA is here also..

1st time trail at 11 am
2nd time trail at noon

1st round of eliminations at 4pm......this ought to be fun...

Any significant DA difference?

Hotter? Maybe it's a little lean.

We experimented with the air cleaner on Friday night...and I think the Duster is a little lean...plus it seems to be getting hotter on the top end then the Dart does...

So we are going to bump up the jets this friday night...and see what happens...I checked the jets in it before we went out..and they were 2 number less then what I thought I had it it....too many carbs....to keep track of jets...LOL..

yeah..I used to have them written down..LOL

uh oh.... :)

25. Jay Waxler 166
26. Christin Santos 148
27. George Mattie 144
28. Tonya Santos 138

well..getting ready for this weekend...talked to the oldest daughter about last weekend..

1st round she went .005 on the light with a 10.65 on a 10.64 dial ...

2nd round she decided to slow the button down...but installed a shim...which speeds up the button...and bingo...RED...

National Muscle Car ***...here this weekend also...hope the track bought alot of grease sweep if it is anything like last year...LOL

-
Back