71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
ok...Duster fired with hooker headers on it....burned off paint....smoked for a few minutes....

pretty much ready to go...

10 day forcast at Famoso....calls for highs in the low 70s.....

pretty sure that best of 11.04 is going to get killed...and maybe that Dart will run in the .20s....

ok...10 day forcast is now showing low 90s...MF....

can not forcast the weather 2 weeks in advance ...but they can tell us that 100 yrs from now it going to be hotter...stupid *****...

and another web site shows it still in the low 80s...WTF...lol

at my present pace I'm hoping for March Meet! Have fun at the oil patch!

yeah....checked the valve lash today on 71 Dart....only couple things left on list to get done ....

check list done on cars....full of e85...filled up a few containters from the same station I use...3.29 a gallon...

loading up pickups.....zero hour is about 11 am on friday heading for Bakersfield

Reservations made........

Tony-Do you test the E85 every-time you buy it or no??? thanks Steve

just once in awhile...seems to hit 85% everytime...

I've been doing a lot of research on e85. West coast is pretty consistant. We don't have the different winter blends like the east coast guys. I will be converting to e85 here soon. I have 2 stations within 2-3 miles of my house now. A compression increase and a cam change will be on the menu as well.

I've been doing a lot of research on e85. West coast is pretty consistant. We don't have the different winter blends like the east coast guys. I will be converting to e85 here soon. I have 2 stations within 2-3 miles of my house now. A compression increase and a cam change will be on the menu as well.

Lucky bastard... LOL

never travel with a bunch of women....you will always be late

Exactly, I am in a house full of them. Dogs and Cats are female as well...... Haaa

When they say they are ready I add at least 30 minutes as a minimum.

The lack of tolerance for the feminine persuasion is astonishing...

Ahhh, who am I kidding! LOL

Then there was the tour of Barstow with my oldest daughter in the lead....God help me..

In Motel in Bakersfield...dam hot...should stayed in vegas probably cooler

97 in bakersfield...

90 in vegas....****

Couldn't find your way to the 58? :)

Don't tell me she took the business access route? I think the 58 in Barstow has a nice exit right off the 15.

no..she wanted to eat at taco bell...but could not see how to get there...so around in circles we went....I ended up at TB, she and her friend ashley were at BK on the other side of I15.....and then how did you get to TB....LOL

Taco Bell... those are some REALLY low standards... LOL

Good times with the family :). You guys keep that up, you'll be running M85...lol

Please keep us informed on the racing exploits. :thumbrig:

I'm ashamed that I'm not supporting this event..... but 97 at Famoso??? sheeesh :(

I'm ashamed that I'm not supporting this event..... but 97 at Famoso??? sheeesh :(

yeah..so much for new best for that Dart....
Duster should runs some 10.80s or so..

well...anyway...helping to support the local economy

What a long and hot day We were suppose to get 3 times runs...well...they said it is an open test and tune....come to the lanes went you are ready...

youngest daughter and the duster got hers money worth today 10 or 11 passes,,,,

Duster 1st pass ....10.695 ...at 122+
in fact 1st three passes were all 10.69s
We took the air cleaner off...cause we had a problem with the Dart...and the Duster ran a 10.65 @ 123+.......put air cleaner on ...10.66......so all the passes we between 10.65 and 10.69,,,,except....we put her in the run for the money...spins tires and goes 10.75....did not matter as the 1st car down the track hit his dial in and collected 300 bucks...

Not bad for a car that was suppose to run low 12s at the beginning...

Tonya and the Dart....

1st pass 10.55 as she misses the shifts going down the track...LOL
2nd pass 10.52.....wow...car is 2 tenths slower then last year...

check the carb linkage....check plug wires....everything ok...

Tonya say...Hey dad...we did not have the air cleaner on it last year....saying to myself...that wont make it run 2 tenths slower...but hey...take it off...

Dart run 10.31 @ 127+....come back and runs another 10.31 @ 127....Dam...I guess it did....and made a couple more runs during the heat of the day...10.35....

Tomorrow morning with no air cleaner on.....should be the best run...

Cool, at least you got there not going through Seattle! :)

-
Back