73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross,
that looks alot like black starburst, of which I have four gallons.
Andrew
Actually it's Summit Racing's AKA..Sherwin Williams "Granite pearl".
I would like to go with a hot rod black on the hood in a non traditional blackout with a viper red pinstripe...and since my Wilwood calipers are red it should pull everything together and the stripe will probally traditional in flat black

Looks like we'll be seeing paint pretty soon. Are you going to install a console? If so, will the taller tunnel present any problems? Silly question. Forgot who I was talking to. Keep up the good work Ross.:coffee2:

See page 49, post 1223.... theres pics of the console I bought a couple month's ago..Don't tell Denny but it a universal "Pro Touring" version based on a factory Camaro unit.

Ross
I certainly have nothing to say about mixing sources. If it meets the need, go for it. Vision is vision.
Andrew

Obviously not done yet and the cut outs are not welded in but I did manage to weld up the outside holes and take 1" out of the overall length. The remaining holes will be cut out when the doner insert get installed so theres no need to fill them in. It took a few tries to finally get the bumper ends sanded straight (I kept sanding through the high spots) but finally got them straight.

Attachments

• duster 023.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • duster 024.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • duster 025.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • duster 026.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,077
Great work !!! I am building a 72 b-3 duster. I hope to post pics soon.I will be watching your build.

Great work !!! I am building a 72 b-3 duster. I hope to post pics soon.I will be watching your build.

Leaning toward this color to go with these Autometer Custom Gauges being made and these seats which are also on order. Everythings been on order for over 3 weeks now I was just keeping quiet till someone asked. Heres a Camaro I'm drawing design inspiration from.

I know what you mean, even though mine is a Lexus color, I seen it on a new camaro when I went to SEMA and fell in love.

I know what you mean, even though mine is a Lexus color, I seen it on a new camaro when I went to SEMA and fell in love.

I'm going to Mecum auto auction May 17-19 in Indy, unless I see something that totally knocks my socks off that fits with my interior combo, thats the way I'm going to go.....wonder if my paint and body guy is reading this ?

See page 49, post 1223.... theres pics of the console I bought a couple month's ago..Don't tell Denny but it a universal "Pro Touring" version based on a factory Camaro unit.

I don't know how I missed that post but now things are as clear as thick mud. I must have bumped my head again. Who did you order the console from? Looks like a solid unit.

By the way, I finally pulled my car into the garage on 5-1-12. I'll be starting a thread soon.

Denny, Denny who?:coffee2:

I don't know how I missed that post but now things are as clear as thick mud. I must have bumped my head again. Who did you order the console from? Looks like a solid unit.

By the way, I finally pulled my car into the garage on 5-1-12. I'll be starting a thread soon.

Denny, Denny who?:coffee2:

here ya go, these things are very heavy duty and top quality, Remember these will not bolt in and will require custom brackets made to fit..no problem, right ? Mine is the Camaro switchblade.

http://www.modernclassicsinteriors.com/Home_Page.html

Ross,
on the back bumper...been there done that.
yours looks great
Andrew

I wish I was going to paint mine but since I'm going to rechrome it, I'm spending alot of time getting everything ground/sanded even and level, I'm sure I could have the chrome shop do this but that would cost me more $$$$$$$.

Okay since I've bored everyone with lots of informative (hopefully) but dull pics, I decided to show some of the glitz and glamour shots of cool stuff as they comes in. Heres the sharktooth grille I recently bought off off badlilred79(thanks Mike) that was restored by Mike Ross from B/E & A restoration. not much to say except....... Awesome. Heres one part I wont have to spend time working on.

Attachments

• duster 012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 958
  • duster 007.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 970
  • duster 005.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 981
  • duster 004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 962
  • duster 001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 969
  • duster 006.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 979
wow....I'm gonna Pm you and ask you how much that set-up cost ya.....I thought I should do that in private or people will think I'm being tacky.

Hey...how did that happen so fast??? It wasn't but a month ago..........????

I can explain....when I bought it from Mike (Badlilred79) and he just got it back from B/E & A...So I bought it already restored, instead of buying one then sending it out. Make sure your sitting down when you read my P.M

Looks really nice Ross. Maybe Denny can carry it around at the Nats with a $300 price tag on it :D

Looks really nice Ross. Maybe Denny can carry it around at the Nats with a $300 price tag on it :D

that just wouldn't be right...fun...but not right.

BTW....where do you get goofy ideas like that?

that just wouldn't be right...fun...but not right.

BTW....where do you get goofy ideas like that?

That's right up there with my standard answer on car questions at show's. After answering the same questions 15 times I start saying.."I dont know? I just bought the car a month ago and all I've done is wash and wax it."

-
Back