73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
doen't really matter..to me anyways....when it's done...moreover....is it done right?

trust in yourself,grasshopper

Dang, and I was looking forward to another quality pro-touring Duster on the road. There are what two, total? ;-)

Oh well, I will still look forward to you making progress.

:notworth:I been following your project since I learned about this site. And I gotta say that is very impresive. You have done a very nice job with the car. I just hope that one day Ill have the time and tools to do mine. Hoping to see this car done and running.:notworth:

:notworth:I been following your project since I learned about this site. And I gotta say that is very impresive. You have done a very nice job with the car. I just hope that one day Ill have the time and tools to do mine. Hoping to see this car done and running.:notworth:
Thanks for the comments, I figure I have another good 8-10 months(at my pace) of metal work, there's plans for a rear spoiler, custom door handles, custom marker lights, smooth bumpers and custom hood. So I figure it will be probally several years before it will be done and driving......

please do not attempt to match my foot dragging on a project....

I'm goin' for the record!!!

Those tires are massive under there. It is going to look good though. I hate when I find something better it usually means more work..

Trust me, I know exactly what your talking about....my wife thinks I'm nuts, my dad and buddies say "ya gotta make them fit" but they didn't do all this forward progress.....1 step forward, 2 steps(or more) back....oh well more garage therapy.

okay, I need to hear some opinions here, while working on installing the 2nd the quarter panel today, my dads neighbor brought over a long time mopar guy and after checking out the car told me about how he use to run a Hampton 4-71 polished blower on his 340 street car like 20 years ago...and he still has it sitting in a box on the attic and he would sell me the entire set up for $1600.00, he has 3 drive pulleys, 2-3" belts, polished intake and complete blower. So my question is: Since I'm not a blower guy, It seems like a good deal, but is it ???? I figure I would have to send the blower back to Hampton to get a once over... so there goes some extra coin, plus 2 blower carb's...

since your not a blower guy....I think I would leave it "in the attic".....

of course..that's just my opinion...and after all...you asked for it.

okay, I need to hear some opinions here, while working on installing the 2nd the quarter panel today, my dads neighbor brought over a long time mopar guy and after checking out the car told me about how he use to run a Hampton 4-71 polished blower on his 340 street car like 20 years ago...and he still has it sitting in a box on the attic and he would sell me the entire set up for $1600.00, he has 3 drive pulleys, 2-3" belts, polished intake and complete blower. So my question is: Since I'm not a blower guy, It seems like a good deal, but is it ???? I figure I would have to send the blower back to Hampton to get a once over... so there goes some extra coin, plus 2 blower carb's...

Ross, Blower? I love it! but, since you asked, if I were you I wouldnt use it on this build. Pro Touring concept and all......... I think I would buy it for sure, the price is fair (Donny just bought a BB mopar blower set-up for 1500.00) let me know if you pass on it and if he wants to sell it to someone other than you. Post some pics!

wouldn't you know it I found what I thought would be the perfect tire, but when I went wheel looking for a 17"x12" nobody make that size except ZO6 corvette wheels (not a deep dish wheel). If anybody knows of one this size please let me know I looked at billet specialties, centerline, weld ,ect.....anyway heres the specs on the M & H Racemaster
Tire Size390/40-17Wheel Diameter17 in.Sidewall Style Blackwall Tire Construction Radial Directional Yes Tire Diameter 29.50 in. Section Width 14.30 in. Tread Width 12.50 in. Minimum Recommended Wheel Width12.00 in.

Hey 76, check out Weld Wheels in the in RT-S Series. They have a wheel called the S71,,,has tons of width and backspacing options. Pricing in 15" is excellent, 17" $$$ is so so and 18" gets pricey. I bought a set 15x10.25" wih a 29/12.5 for my minitubbed Demon, very happy with them. Section width on my Sportsman pros is 13.5" fills the well up nicely. I had to go with lots of back spacing because of stock axle width. I was also limited in space where the quarter meets the wheel well. My build is in progress but later I plan to buy big wheel/low profile rubber as another cruising option to make more use of my corner carving Bill Reilly Suspension. I love Pro street and Pro Touring looks.

Your build and skills are Awesome!!

Ross, Blower? I love it! but, since you asked, if I were you I wouldnt use it on this build. Pro Touring concept and all......... I think I would buy it for sure, the price is fair (Donny just bought a BB mopar blower set-up for 1500.00) let me know if you pass on it and if he wants to sell it to someone other than you. Post some pics!

I think when I started this build and picked a title I should have researched what I really had visioned for the car, It never was intended to have low profile tires as defines the "pro-touring " image but I always wanted brake, suspension, fuel injection and modern improvements through out the entire car with the pro street width and height..recently I was checking out the Lateral-g website and found that I had in mind, they have a forum called "Modern Pro-Street" except there using 18"-20" wheels with all the same before mentioned improvements. If I could change the title of this build, I would. Maybe once the quarters get finished, I will start a new build page like Hemi Denny did. I should have called this one " Body Panel Replacement 101" As for the blower goes, it would definatley turn heads but maybe I'll stick with the original plan and add a F&B fuel injected six pack. Sorry to disappoint all the true "pro-Touring" guys.

you can change the title...heck...you can change your mind...just keep YOUR vision of what YOU want...I can tell...your headed there

Mopar to ya'
Denny

you can change the title...heck...you can change your mind...just keep YOUR vision of what YOU want...I can tell...your headed there

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Thanks Denny, I never considered a Blower before the offer yesterday but you know had a couple Rum and cokes after a satisifying days progress and the gears started turning so I thought I'd see what the A body community thought. My vision has remained the same except for the upgrade improvement's........ always adding, never taking away. On a positive note progress might pick up in the near future Since I soon will be transfering Bases from Pittsburgh, Pa to Youngstown, Ohio which means I will be home now on a daily basis instead of only weekends like now..yea !!!! full steam ahead.

I guess my buddy HemiMark is interested in that blower....I know for a fact he doesn't have enough induction systems......then again....maybe he was thinkin' of a HP upgrade for his Kobuto

I think when I started this build and picked a title I should have researched what I really had visioned for the car, It never was intended to have low profile tires as defines the "pro-touring " image but I always wanted brake, suspension, fuel injection and modern improvements through out the entire car with the pro street width and height..recently I was checking out the Lateral-g website and found that I had in mind, they have a forum called "Modern Pro-Street" except there using 18"-20" wheels with all the same before mentioned improvements. If I could change the title of this build, I would. Maybe once the quarters get finished, I will start a new build page like Hemi Denny did. I should have called this one " Body Panel Replacement 101" As for the blower goes, it would definatley turn heads but maybe I'll stick with the original plan and add a F&B fuel injected six pack. Sorry to disappoint all the true "pro-Touring" guys.

You have nothing to be sorry about! It's you car and your build. build it like you want it and drive it like you stole it! :thumblef:

I guess my buddy HemiMark is interested in that blower....I know for a fact he doesn't have enough induction systems......then again....maybe he was thinkin' of a HP upgrade for his Kobuto

I won't see the guy again till next weekend, so I'll see if the offer is good to anybody.

Lately I have been collecting induction systems! what with the 6x2 intake, the hillborn and the cross ram I'm tracking on e-bag you would think that I had plenty enough. But a blower on a small block is always a good thing!

I think your the first "anybody"...the "somebodys" are next...and the "nobodys are last....thats the batting order as we see it.....

hope all had a good Easter
Rejoice,....for He has risen

Lately I have been collecting induction systems! what with the 6x2 intake, the hillborn and the cross ram I'm tracking on e-bag you would think that I had plenty enough. But a blower on a small block is always a good thing!
I was checking out that ebay STR-12 myself not the welded one but the one with the orange top plate....dont worry I won't bid against you.

-
Back