73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
loving your build! can i ask a favor.. could you take a photo on the corners on the quarters where u welded them together. from the back next to the tail lights. much appreciated if you could thanks :) keep up the awesome work!
here's the best one's I have so far...I can take some closer one's next weekend if you need them. Basically I made the seam right where the quarter came to the point and welded the metal there......hope these help

Attachments

• duster 013.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,760
  • duster 012.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,729
  • duster 043.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,715
  • duster 027.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,827
if it makes you feel any better, im running a 27 inch tall rear. i wouldve gone to 28 or 29, but couldnt get the factory wheel tub to like the tall/wide tire and low ride height.

pro-touring isnt about tire height. its about FUNctionality, handling, moderner creature comforts, etc. a restomod with lots more welding and fabbing, if you choose.

that being said, you can do both pro-street and pro-touring with the way your car is set up. just swap the fronts for skinnies, and mount a chute. then youre pro-street. mount some front fatties, lose the chute, and slam the ride height. then your pro-tourning.

whatever you choose to call it, im digging it. keep it up.

and im still jealous of you doing body work now with all the repop panels. when i did it, i had to use "good enough" used stuff.

Michael

Don't try to put it in a catagory, build what you like, your the guy who has to live with it!

Tin,
Your right, I've never catagorized any of my builds, but ....I also never had the build progress followed along on a web site. And having to pick a build title thats where the catagory came from......thanks for watching.

Well it's been about 3 weeks since my last progress pics, haven't really done a lot of work found about 25 more holes in the engine compartment to fill in, that part is finally ready for some filler. Starting my 3rd week at my new base and decided to get busy learning the Flow Jet machine. My first project was a sturdy trunk divider panel, since I removed the angled supports the factory came with, I see a couple guys going this route but I wanted to do something diffrent and that could serve a potentially usefull purpose, I added a 12"x24" bolt in access door in case the trunk mechanism would ever fail, it is made out of .090 4130 and the reinforcement ring is .1875 to hopefully reduce any flex and give it some rigidity. I also am trying to patiently wait for my wheels to arrive so I can start on the rear axle and suspension, I went a 17"x11" Billet Specialties wheel with 4.5" BS.. Hope you enjoy the pics..

Attachments

• duster 008.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,640
  • duster 016.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,613
  • duster 018.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,639
  • duster 015.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,618
  • duster 014.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,628
  • duster 010.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,621
  • duster 009.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,610
  • duster 007.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,602
  • duster 004.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,784
  • duster 012.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,637
Well it's been about 3 weeks since my last progress pics, haven't really done a lot of work found about 25 more holes in the engine compartment to fill in, that part is finally ready for some filler. Starting my 3rd week at my new base and decided to get busy learning the Flow Jet machine. My first project was a sturdy trunk divider panel, since I removed the angled supports the factory came with, I see a couple guys going this route but I wanted to do something diffrent and that could serve a potentially usefull purpose, I added a 12"x24" bolt in access door in case the trunk mechanism would ever fail, it is made out of .090 4130 and the reinforcement ring is .1875 to hopefully reduce any flex and give it some rigidity. I also am trying to patiently wait for my wheels to arrive so I can start on the rear axle and suspension, I went a 17"x11" Billet Specialties wheel with 4.5" BS.. Hope you enjoy the pics..

I thought it was a beer cooler access door! Looks great, nice idea! :study:

man...you could go thru that opening sideways at 100 MPH ....good idea /wish I 'd thought about it...put that in the ....."too late now" catagory for me

guess I'd better hide a set of keys somewhere on my ride....right Hank?

man...you could go thru that opening sideways at 100 MPH ....good idea /wish I 'd thought about it...put that in the ....."too late now" catagory for me

That works too, but It was more for the broken latch situation instead of lost or locked in trunk key situations, I had that happen to my 71' cuda at the Nationals years ago and had to remove the seat and crawl thru to manually "pop" the latch with a screwdriver...with a crowd standing around.......very embarrassing. Plus I might be mounting the batteries between the tubs and the "hole" might come in handy for wrenching...

nice to see your progress....your wheeltubs came out "factory"

nice to see your progress....your wheeltubs came out "factory"
Thanks Denny, speaking of progress...I'm anxiously awaiting to see pics of your duster sitting on the ground... what about the custom stripe you mentioned a while back ?????????

Ross...not custom...just a new twist on an old concept...I'll like it...not too sure about everybody else....but thats never stopped me before....

almost on the ground...waiing for UPS to show up tomarrow with the upper mono-ball I use for the upper balljoint...just need one!(had one go south because we put it in place when the upper control arms are fabricated) ....got 3 out of 4 done,,,driveshaft in ...coilovers dialed...panard bar set....

just keep on keepin' on...one bite at a time...and I love every minute of it!!

Bro John says he'll stop out tomarrow w/camera...so maybe tomarrow night he will post the pics...

stay in touch,
Denny

Ross...not custom...just a new twist on an old concept...I'll like it...not too sure about everybody else....but thats never stopped me before....

almost on the ground...waiing for UPS to show up tomarrow with the upper mono-ball I use for the upper balljoint...just need one!(had one go south because we put it in place when the upper control arms are fabricated) ....got 3 out of 4 done,,,driveshaft in ...coilovers dialed...panard bar set....

just keep on keepin' on...one bite at a time...and I love every minute of it!!

Bro John says he'll stop out tomarrow w/camera...so maybe tomarrow night he will post the pics...

stay in touch,
Denny

I for one can't wait to see that part of the build. In my opinion, (that and $1.25 can get you a cup of coffee) will be the coolest, slickest part of the build.. Am I overstating it Denny?

a little....theres a lot of expensive/time consuming suttle mods for a peel and stick graphic to get the nod......but its the only part you (HemiMark) haven't seen....just the discription

a little....theres a lot of expensive/time consuming suttle mods for a peel and stick graphic to get the nod......but its the only part you (HemiMark) haven't seen....just the discription
So will there be copy right protection on this ????

I almost forgot about Hank the Crank! LOL

yea...thats was a great ball-buster with our brand new friend Henry-etta...

he was just gettin' to know us and wasn't all too sure about us goofs....but I think he soon figured out it was all part of being one of us...

That trap door reminds me of my Navy days with the bulk head doors.

Watch out for the knee knocker when you go through it sideways. LOL

I like the way that monster tire looks, when do we get to see a rim with it?

That trap door reminds me of my Navy days with the bulk head doors.

Watch out for the knee knocker when you go through it sideways. LOL

I like the way that monster tire looks, when do we get to see a rim with it?

Thats funny about the bulkhead door thats actually what i was thinking when I designed it, as far as the rims there due to arrive around the 6th of June trust me I'm impatiently waiting.....

Looking good and I know what waiting is like, my motor is still at the builders Almost 4 months now.

Thats funny about the bulkhead door thats actually what i was thinking when I designed it, as far as the rims there due to arrive around the 6th of June trust me I'm impatiently waiting.....

looking good Ross. Did I miss the rim /tire combo you picked?

looking good Ross. Did I miss the rim /tire combo you picked?
Mark,
Tire choice is in post #212, it a 390/40R17 M&H. The tire is a Billet specialties Rally 17"x11" with 4.5" Backspacing ....I'll build the rear end to fit the wheels/tires...once they show up. I'm leaning toward putting a Dana 60 under it since I'm starting without any rear the cost diffrence at this point is minimal and after seeing T-Granger new S-60 that looks like the way to go.

Attachments

• bs 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,485
  • PS30_RALLY-t.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,503
Awesome wheel choice, before you mount them, have the centers powder coated satin black....:wink:

-
Back