73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Glad to see that you are keeping the car. I know what you mean about OPSEC. When we used to get mobilized on the tankers it always seemed like the press knew where we were going before we did.

Glad to see that you are keeping the car. I know what you mean about OPSEC. When we used to get mobilized on the tankers it always seemed like the press knew where we were going before we did.

That would be our local coffee and burger joint by the base, if you ever wanted to know what operations we were being tasked with just hang out there and listen to the civilian population discussing it, then go back to base and get the official notice days later. I'm glad I'm keeping the car also, but the Florida beach life would have been a nice trade off.

I'm debating that one right now...I want to retire to Texas, but my better half wants to go to Florida. One of my coworkers is about 12 years in right now, but already purchased a little plot in Baker, FL...it's pretty damn close to Eglin/Ft. Walton Beach area. Either way, we both want to be close to the gulf.

I'm debating that one right now...I want to retire to Texas, but my better half wants to go to Florida. One of my coworkers is about 12 years in right now, but already purchased a little plot in Baker, FL...it's pretty damn close to Eglin/Ft. Walton Beach area. Either way, we both want to be close to the gulf.

Awesome area..was stationed at Tyndall for a few years, then that 108 TDY to Hurlburt in 2009 to work with the SOW, By the way Hawaii Nationl Guard is on there way over here.

Yup...that they are-I have a couple guys ginned up as spares if "da kine bruddahs" can't deliver...

Whoa thought u sold this hot rod!!!! Glad u didn't! It's gonna be killer bud.

Thanks guys, I wish I was home plugging away but it will be a few more months before that can happen, of course I get to work on cool stuff like this in the mean time. Now if I can just incorporate some of this Technology in the Duster ....I'm sure Andrew (AKA Blue Missle) could come up with something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 891
Don't they feed you over there?..... you look a little thin in the skin if you know what I mean.

Boy....your fab skills are really pay'n off for the USAF....that C130 really looks different.

Stay safe.

Don't they feed you over there?..... you look a little thin in the skin if you know what I mean.

Boy....your fab skills are really pay'n off for the USAF....that C130 really looks different.

Stay safe.

This is definatley a young mans game so I am doing my best to get in shape to hang with them at 47 years old, plenty of food to eat but in 118 degree days and running 3-4 5k runs a week the weight loss is pretty easy.

Great thread! Be safe over there. My last trip there I was a Combat Advisor;) worked with the ANA Route Clearance and EOD. You need to get up into Kunar and Nuristain the weather is a lot cooler nothing like 20,000 ft mountains to cool you off. Love the rig you are standing by and the packages they can deliver. Keep your head down and watch your top knot.!
Glad to see you are keeping the car! I would hate to see you not finish it. Again great build.

Great thread! Be safe over there. My last trip there I was a Combat Advisor;) worked with the ANA Route Clearance and EOD. You need to get up into Kunar and Nuristain the weather is a lot cooler nothing like 20,000 ft mountains to cool you off. Love the rig you are standing by and the packages they can deliver. Keep your head down and watch your top knot.!
Glad to see you are keeping the car! I would hate to see you not finish it. Again great build.

Nothing but flat desert as fas as I can see from here, had to do some work on the Predator and asked if they mind if I took a few pics...without ordnance of course.

I'm just tickled thinking that lovely piece of equipment puts the hurt on terrorists.

That has to be the coolest looking scoop I have ever seen on an A body. Very cool idea of transferring E body stuff over to an A body.

Ross,
there is an empty space under the hood of the duster, Im sure you could take the grey thing your leaning on and put that powerplant in the duster. Then it would be the "Predator" Duster. :D
Andrew
PS- regarding your retirement plans-if I were to put a million dollar shop together and needed a crew chief, would that enter into the equation?

Trust me...it's not something you would want in a heavy car...Rotax engine, the same engine that power SKI-DOO snowmobiles.

Attachments

• imagesCAG34TKP.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 595
Good to see your safe over there. Stay that way, you got a lot of work to do. Prayers to you and yours.:coffee2:

-
Back