73 dart sport project

-
Had a great member (cosgig) put me in contact with this big mopar fan to help do the wiring on my car. He is a super big mopar fan has a total of 9 mopars including a charger rt clone and a convertible roadrunner. Anyway I went over there and helped last few days and we got all the lighting figured out.

Attachments

• 10506637_10152536296378159_8622472833798311920_o.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 10486522_10152536296438159_6504527975018744101_o.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 559
Well car is back in my hands and everything is working electrical wise. Going to start working on trans cooler, trans lines and hunt down my carb

This is my first time in really doing anything of this magnitude so I am picking and choosing my fights. Its really a learning experience to redo a car and get it road worthy. Im sure this wont be my last one I do so I can try more next time :D

Oh man lost my post. Oh well nothing new on car went in to slump because I knew I wouldn't drive it this year. But I got a new hideway for my car so it can be near me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 565
Your shop didn't look like that in the lost post. Looks good though. Looking forward to seeing the car in there.:coffee2:

I posted before but it was lost. You are sure to enjoy being able to take just a few steps to the car. You will get a lot more done because you can start and stop whenever you like. Congratulations on the new "Man Cave"!

Ya didn't take long at all. Just 5 days to build. Ya I will enjoy the short walk to my car for sure, just waiting for concrete to cure. My whole house is a man cave since I am single ;)

Well she's home but no electricity waiting on people to finish up but their taking sweet time. It's already snowing here and there nothing that stays more then a day. Super cold in their with no insulation either so will be fun working on her this winter for sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 508
Little less room in there now. Brought my engine puller, engine stand, all my jack stands jack and what not in there so far. Need some shelf's and tables still hopefully get some insulation in, at least on ceiling to help out and spray foam the corners. We are due to work 6 days for rest of year except thanks giving, Christmas eve and Christmas. Hopefully get some tool time in soon

She looks good sitting in there. Now that you have a little more stuff in there with her you'll be surprised how small your shop will get. Glad to she she's home.:coffee2:

Did little work on the wiring. Went with this new product I haven't seen really. I think it looks a lot nicer then that plastic stuff or just wrapped tape. I also went with the cloth tape to try to make it look more original. Took some time to work with tried to detail as much as I could.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 458
Well been super busy getting garage all set up and work. Been tooling here and there. I finally got my power steering all set up and ran the lines so that's good to go. Need alt belt then I can finish putting electric fans in. I made all new braided lines for my trans cooler. I attempted to make a bracket failed big time so went with a new idea I am working on. Once I get bracket that will be done. I broke my gauge bezel oh well it was cheap anyway. I ordered a different one that is way nicer not cheap looking fiber glass plastic junk. It's just as thick as the stock bezel. Had to redo some wiring because of the different hole location but I worked out looks nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 385
Got little more done been so cold my heater in garage can't keep up. Got the new cluster in looks really good. Got the new shifter cable and brackets all hooked up and working right. Finished installing trans cooler lines new battery and got all my belts on. New transcooler bracket is done need to drill holes paint and install and everything transmission is done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 356
she is coming along for sure. pretty sure all I need to get her running in finish fuel lines, carb, and cables that go to it. Then there is fans, fluids, need driveshaft and some interior work.

Been tooling around with car for while with no updates. I got the fan all wrapped up, had power steering leak when I added fluid had to fix that. I finished wrapping all the wires in the trunk, new battery, put the front bumper on and the trim above grill. Hmm lets see got passenger mirror on new door panel and crank handle. Have to take drivers side to shop to have hole put in for the mirror adjuster and the rear wheren't the right one thanks year one. Other then take I have to go pick up big ujoint yokes tomorrow then measure for my shaft and carb should be done by end of week. After that its exhaust, finish fuel line, put on kick down cable and make my throttle cable :D:happy1:

Attachments

• 1428858680809[1].jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 1428866192583[1].jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 1428875344865[1].jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 301
Well got almost everything almost wrapped up. Picked up carb and new drive shaft. Fixed power steering leak still leaking from trans dipstick :wack: added fuel and turn pump on to check for fuel leaks and boy did I have a ton. Snugged them all up and have to redo one it had a pinhole in it. tried cranking it over to and fell flat on face. Cranks but no will to start. Oh well need few more things from parts store and I can finish making throttle cable, hook up kick down cable and return springs. I am calling in reinforcements Saturday to hopefully get it started. Oh tti exhaust should be here tomorrow. I am so close to driving I can taste it! :cheers:

Attachments

• 1430230931688[1].jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 1430238820296[1].jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 310
-
Back