73 dart sport project

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
This is my first mopar. 73 dart sport, came with a junk 440 and 727 trans not it in. Got the car for 1500 bucks. So far i got a slighty modded 440 with a 727 in to. Fuel cell, battery box, and more parts just laying around not in yet8)

005.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

019.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

016.JPG

021.JPG

Youre gonna have a very fun car on your hands.What are your plans with it?will it be a street car,or strip car?either way,it looks like a very nice starting point for a project.Keep us posted on the updates.

its going to be more for the street. my friend had a great deal on fuel cell, pump, box, all the fuel lines, trans cooler, and racing seats i had to buy them and put them to use:p

Oh man, that's gonna be sweet! Good luck with it and have fun!

Its posts like these that makes me want to pull out my 73 dart sport and start to work on it.

What car is that tranny from? and did it mount up to the original tranny mount?

Looking at putting a BB into a demon I have. 440 from a motor hone, but I have not dont my research to see what tranny I can use. Doubt I can use the moto home tranny. would like to go 4 spd like my duster but it will cost more to do that.

Good luck with the build, lots of help here.

Phil

Forged crank, flat top pistons 10to1 compression, fully ported heads, small cam, intake and carb.
I didnt up grade the bars yet but its sits nice in there so i see how it goes

driver side.JPG

side.JPG

I dont no what the trans came from. The guy i got car from was like here is a trans he got and didnt no what it came from. The car came with cross member im pretty sure its stock and i just got a mount from 440source and bolted right in:cheers:

well its been a while since i worked on car. been waiting on parts, looking for parts, and money. You no how it goes. so i desided to do a little cleaning up in the truck area. Got little done but lots to do

005.JPG

007.JPG

nice ride; those bars will work fine unless your going to road race it.then i dont know what to tell ya.it should run in the 11s if you can hook it.

working on hooking part. stupid junk yard taking sweet time pulling rearend :banghead:

Well i finally got the car back to Michigan..... Downfall now im deployed. But on the upside now i can change the whole way i was doing the car. I got all the parts I need for the 8 3/4 rearend. You no the basic Yukon axles and sure grip center section all new lines and what not. Still thinking about changing the gears or not since i want to rebuild the center section. Im going to pull motor and trans when i get home and have all rebuilt which gives me time for body work and paint. Im going to upgrade the motor of course, why not since its going to be apart. I want better pistons and a good size cam. The little cam not working for me i like to hear my cam. I cant wait to kick this project off with all this hard earned money. Come on Mid next year.

Attachments

• 36872_421836890768_836760768_4327631_4984680_n.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,964
Keep ya head down and come home soon. Best of luck to ya.

Well still in afgahn and lots has changed. Thinking about selling the oh dart and go another direction. Not really sure at this time. What do you guy's think?

Why do you want to sell it?
What direction are you wanting to go?
Hang in there, wait till you get home to think things through.

do you really want to know what WE think?!? i'd say you are a grown *** man, whom may do as he pleases. home yet?

-
Back