75 Duster Tetnus Shot and band aids

-
I'm looking for the left side door pillar post like this one I don't need the whole windshield post Maybe just 4 inches up on the Windshield post

If that chrome panel for the tail panel is in otherwise good shape, polish it up and stick it on with 3M double sided tape when you're ready for it. Properly done, it won't go anywhere.

I'm decoding the fender tag and on the 4th line it has code M51. All of the research I have done the code keeps coming up as power sunroof with vinyl top Is this right? Car has hardtop
that's what all my lierature has also. stupid question, but does fender tag vin match car? seems very odd that you'd have a power sunroof code. also...if it was a sunroof car, it would've been manually operated (M52)

I would like an opinion. Should I replace the floor first or The firewall and left A pillar door hinge area first What would be the best way? Thanks

Got most of the carpet out. Mice built a nest out of the build sheet. Only found small pieces of it.

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Got the seat out. 3 of the nuts for the seat came off with no issue. The left front nut didn't. The floor support is bent and the nut was rusted to the support and the seat mount was rusted. to the floor The seat stud was so rusted that we ended up cutting the stud just below the seat mount. Then using a punch to drive out the rest of the stud and washer through the floor mount Where can I get the floor supports? I looked at AMD and I didn't see them

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

So 2 months later I never got the title for the white Duster, picked up a green 75
When My dad and I went to look at the white one the guy swore he had the title. When I came back to get the car He still told me he had the title . It was in a box in a backroom. After contacting him a few times. I just gave up. I didn't pay much for it so I will use it as a parts car.
Duster today
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
that was originally a bench seat 6 cylinder AC car but it now has a 318 from a 1989 Dodge pickup. I took my Dad and son with me to pickup the Green one. They wanted to see my Christmas present to myself.

Last edited:
The green one looks like a much better start.

The floor and trunk pan need work. Lower quarters are bad. At least I won't have to replace the door post. Eventually I'm going to put the bench seat from the white car in it. Green car is a front drum manual brake car. Going to convert it to power front discs. both cars were green from the factory. I like the steering wheel on the green car. To start I'm looking for the power brake pedal assembly.

Last edited:
Looks like KG8 green! I've been looking for pictures of one with decent paint to see if that's what I want to redo mine it.

put those hub caps from the other one on it, and it looks like mine! minus the crusties and body work of course.

IMG_1938.JPG

The car was repainted I don't think they painted exactly to factory color. I will take some more pics of inside of the trunk to see if I can get more of the original color.

Spent some time going through the car today. So far I've found out that they had a manual choke setup on the carb that doesn't move. When they installed it the person drilled through the instrument cluster to install it. The toggle switch on the left kick panel operated the dash lights.
Someone hooked up aftermarket horns that no longer work and they cut the original horn wiring.
I removed a pull switch that was attached to the radiator support with a ground wire going to the negative battery terminal. Car is G8 A1G6

006.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

014.JPG

002.JPG

011.JPG

004.JPG

car is different shades of green with some black for the firewall. I plan to convert it to front power discs from the drums. Will convert it to 5 on 4 1/2 lug pattern to run 15 inch wheels

Got it to run this weekend. Carb is bad. I changed the oil and looking over the car more. There is part of a lug nut wrench welded to the K member other end is attached to the motor mount on the engine. Check out the seat mounts.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Time to start cleaning and painting I will have the booster rebuilt and plated. Master cyl will be rebuilt also Who else rebuilds these besides the ram man

Got it cleaned up I have a question on one of the pivot pin holes. It appears to have a metal lip It looked like it has been that way for a long time. There was alot of grease and muck that was covering the entire K frame. Should I just cut the lip off or do I need to have this repaired. The hole is smooth like the other side

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

I would grind the lips down and find a washer the correct I’d of the k member, the holes a wills red out from bad pins.

-
Back