The back side of the right fender had plastic inserts holding the emblem on

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

Is this the section I need from AMD to repair the area with the large hole It looks like it is one piece on the car

AMDLogo.jpg
Detail_MoparARPLogo2014.jpg

I have to rebuild the upper section also I have a huge piece of 20 gauge sheet metal I'm going to start rebuilding the front sheet metal of the car next week. First item is the lower radiator support.

Started to tear the engine down to see how bad it really is. Found a torn up cam bearing. Damage to no 5 and no 8 connecting rod bearings. A small chip in a crank connecting rod journal. The oil pump has some damage to it. Only 5 of the lifters had the plungers that worked. The rest I had to take a punch and drive the plungers down so I could use the removal tool to get them out.

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

If the engine was original to the car I would see if the block could be saved. I got lucky today AMD still has fenders so I ordered up a right front fender. I won't have to mess with that rusty right side one now. Looks like metal also got into the main bearings. The number 3 and 4 main bearings got tore up a little bit. Number 3 cap bearing just outside of the oil groove is messed up and the number 4 main cap bearing has been damaged also. Just got the crank out found slivers of metal on the main bearings on the engine side. I'm thinking this metal and damage came from the poor welds that someone did inside the oil pan. When the welds broke the little pieces were sucked up in the oil pump and caused the damage I found. The carbon and the issues in the cylinder walls are separate issues from the other damage. What are your opinions?

Last edited:
Removing more of that crap that is covering the floor. I'm just going to get the crap off of the perimeter of the floor pan and where the floor is welded to the floor supports and crossmembers. Got an old Airtex fuel pump that was screwed to the floor removed. Question does the floor over lap the sheetmetal piece that goes under the rear seat? There is a seam under the car just in front of the rear frame rails. Is that the under the rear seat piece that the passenger floor is spot welded to? The floor looks like it is welded on top of it

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

While uncovering the spot welds for the floor and removing the seam sealer I found that the passenger side floorboard sits a good 3/8 of an inch above the firewall in the corner. It is still spot welded on that side It appears that the seam sealer was used to not only fill in the seam but to fill in the gap between the floor and the firewall. The passenger side floor pan is spot welded from the floor pan to the firewall below the seam and on the drivers side is spot welded from the firewall to the floor above the seam Still have to uncover the spot welds on the trans tunnel and on either side of the tunnel.

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

Once I get a small shelter up I will move the Coronet into the shelter and move the Duster in the Garage. I will pickup one of those shelters from Harbor Freight

Uncovering the spot welds for the floor/ bench seat supports on the drivers side. More body filler in the floor. Where can I get the wire holders that are attached to the floor that hold the wire harnesses down

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

These are pictures of the area under the rear seat and side panels. Is this goo seam sealer? Also in the pictures there are 2 small holes one on each side under the rear seat area. Does anyone know what those holes are for? It appears that I will have to remove the side vent window to get the old floor pan out and the new one in.

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

The goo is seam sealer, not sure about the holes.

And yes, the gobs of gooey gunk is seam sealer. They laid that stuff in heavy.

Thanks guys/Gals I appreciate it. Got the trans out today since my son was off he helped me remove it from the car. Someone used a piece of rubber as a gasket between the tailshaft and trans housing The floor came today also

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

-
Back