75 Duster Tetnus Shot and band aids

-
Got the heater box out today. It's filled with leaves sticks and bird poop. Now I know why the guy said the heater controls didn't work. The plastic pins are broken on the vacuum switch. It wasn't even hooked up

IMG_2170.JPG

Found more wires to nowhere. Looks like there is a support bracket that attaches the heater control to the mounting stud of the defrost vent that is broke off at the heater control panel. What is this electrical box in the last picture? It appears to have factory plugs attached to it

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

Someone cut the wire to the door switch and wired in a LED strip to light up when you open the door and tied it up under the dash. It also appears that when they wired a small digital 12 volt gauge in they left the Ammeter hooked up and just tapped into 12 volt. I'm surprised this car never caught fire.

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Started back up on the car in Jan and in April we are moving. So car is on hold again. I did get the floor out from the torsion bar crossmember back to the rear floor. Lots of damage and rust. How do you twist the floor brackets? Right side rear floor where the drain plug goes was rusted to pieces. The right rear floor of my parts car is in good shape so I will cut that out and splice it in and over the right rear frame rail. We are moving to Irvington KY. Going to transport the Coronet when we move and will get the Dusters later.

IMG_2307.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

View attachment 1715712345

Yeah those rocker panel flanges get bent from people trying to jack up the car with a floor jack at the rocker panels. Not supposed to jack there no support.

Want to jack it up at the sub frames or spring mounts.

Just mild steel, hammer and dolly and straighten them back out again.

Bad folds you can heat them up red with a torch and work them back to shape.

When you cut things apart exposing frame rails and brackets, they can get twisted from the separation work. So sometimes you have to twist them back.

Sometimes you have to work things back inline as you are putting the floors back in place, holding them in position with pop rivets or sheets screws until you get going with the welder.

Like putting on a new quarter panel, twisting, moving, clamping things until you get all the gaps lined up. No easy task, wish you could just throw them right on.

I started welding up the holes they drilled through the floor brackets when they rigged up the bucket seats On the severely damaged floor support I got the one off the parts car and will attach it as I go.

Got the Green Duster moved to it's new home last weekend. Just have to get the grey Duster and my son's jeep up here. It will be nice to have a large garage to fill up. I have enough room to put 2 cars inside and work on them at the same time. Speaking of the grey Duster after a year and a half I received the title in the mail 2 weeks before I moved. I will just keep it as a parts car I guess. Combining 3 houses into one has been a pain but we are getting there. I have to work on the shop getting it cleaned up and organized. Got to get house organized first.

Thanks, It was so disgusting and filthy when we moved in We had to wear dust masks and gloves just to clean it.

I'm repairing the rocker panels and straightening the bottom of them out. I'm not sure if these are drain holes since the bottom of the rockers have been mangled

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

Uncovering the spot welds for the floor/ bench seat supports on the drivers side. More body filler in the floor. Where can I get the wire holders that are attached to the floor that hold the wire harnesses down

View attachment 1715592700

View attachment 1715592701

View attachment 1715592702

View attachment 1715592703

View attachment 1715592704

View attachment 1715592705

View attachment 1715592706
Dynamic renovation sells the plastic dipped wire clips that are welded on. Or make your own out of 20 gage steel, and plastidip.

Got the patch panel from the parts car and got it welded in this week. The parts car had the left side piece under the floor rusted out. The Green car had the passenger side rusted out. Got to fix the left side next. Luckily the hole for the plug is in good shape. It is just the curved part that is bad.

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

I finally got the front section of the floor pan removed. I see that the top of the frame rails are plated in this section. The top section of mine are rusted just past the firewall in the driver and passenger area. Should I just cut the bad sections out and just leave it since the floor pan covers it? Or just plate it where it has rusted?

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

Thanks I will have to get my metal gauge out. I'm not sure if it's 18 or 20 gauge. If it is 18 I will have to get some metal

When I look up the interior colors it just says green for the dash and metal trim. When I look for the paint for the dash and metal trim I find Light Green, Dark green, Light metallic green and Dark metallic green. Not sure what shade it is. This is for my 75 Duster.

Haven't posted in a while. I'm back on the Car so here are some more pictures. I'm working on the Instrument Clusters. I have 2 and combining parts to make one. Each one has some good parts. I have to see on how to remove the Woodgrain Decal from the Bezel without doing damage to it. Since it has been cold here this past week I have been working on the Instrument Clusters in the House.

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

Last edited:
-