A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
I'll be right behind you...unless you go too slow...

So I have been peaking at this build for a while now and it makes me wish I had done my rear end that way because it looks so nice, But if I did I would probably just lay on the floor in my garage and stare at it. So i guess that is a good thing.

My wife already thinks i spend to much time in my garage. LOL

It is a nice build keep up the great work.

I do that all the time...sure is a lot more fun now that it's painted and on the downhill....but can't dilly-dally too much...I'm really itchin for some holeshots and a few good powershifts...whooompaaa!

............Who's the 3-year old in the Corvette? ( 1958 )

Racer-3-1.jpg

2 things.......i thought 58 vettes had 4 headlights, that looks like a 57 vette. and 2nd if that is Denny, it looks like he traded up .........way up LOL

I guess this explains why we (the Bros and I) have no body piercings or earings....we didn't play around in our Moms jewery box....no offense....just sayin'

We all did. That bigger car was custom scratch-built by our dad.

It was gas-powered and ran. forward and reverse. the side pipes
were functional. Bright red with a real (cut-down) Lasalle grill and
a hand formed sheetmetal body. Front-engined, trans and a real
differential just like a full size car (mostly riding mower parts).

That '55 Chevy in the background was brand new in the photo!

I'm driving in the photo with brother Dick on board. The car was
featured in Popular Science and The Cleveland Plain Dealer (with
HemiDenny driving).

So........you see where we get it.

Racer-1.jpg

Wow thats so awsome and to see you guys so close after all these years thats also a testament to your parents, dosen't happen in to many familys these days. We should raise toast to your parents. I cant say that I had bad up bringing either mine was pretty great also grew up on the beach litraley, in Florida and Hawaii with both parents involved in everything we did.

but...there cetainly was a great....how do ya say it?...oh yeah...pucker factor....

actually my younger brother..Weeb (pictured)...showed me the fast way around....he NEVER lifted and made me look like a putter....but I'm kinda a fast learner and the next set...I got up to speed.....what a blast it was!!

Looks to be a beautiful duster,very clean! I like the color combo.Looking forward t more pics.

What a great Dad....but he really got smart about the time I got on my own...Huh????

Denny and John, you Ohio guys really have it all together right there in the heartland of America. Doesn't look like my Texas Longhorns will be playing your Buckeyes in the national title game anytime soon though!

-
Back