A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Time for holiday weekend progress report and photos.

We'll start off with some poppin' red for the 4th of July.

Unfortunately, the door panels are (still) at the upholstery
shop but we glued the headliner material about an hour ago.

Thanks for donating the missing piece Floyd! You can see it
painted here.

DennysShop070111013.jpg

DennysShop070111004.jpg

DennysShop070111006.jpg

DennysShop070111015.jpg

The exhaust system and the gas tank have been coated and
installed. The exhaust is all welded except at the mufflers and
at the tips. Still need two more stainless steel clamps for the
tips.

DennysShop070111018.jpg

DennysShop070111009.jpg

DennysShop070111010.jpg

DennysShop070111007.jpg

DennysShop070111027.jpg

DennysShop070111031.jpg

DennysShop070111024.jpg

DennysShop070111022.jpg

DennysShop070111026.jpg

DennysShop070111025.jpg

DennysShop070111033.jpg

LOVE :love4:the attention to detail on the undercarriage; although you might have to spend more time than you think under there cleaning, if you want it to look as good, after driving it, as it does now! Ben.

So excellent!

This weekend I'm going to go back over both threads and
review for the finish. What are we, 6 weeks from the Nat's?

Hey Denny what spring rate are you running on the Varishocks ? Im about ready to order and what to make sure my numbers are accurate. Thanks Ross.......... Again, the car looks freakin' killer !!!!!

Sweeeeet looks great next step video with sound Whommmmmmpa!!!!!!!!! You guys have a great time this weekend, i'm headed to the cabin in the woods, I will look forward to seeing your progress in a week.

Ross...the fronts are 400#(aluminium block).....Marks are 450#....the rears I will have to look ...but I think they are 350#....I will be back over to the shop tonight and confirm for you

bmaudlin...thanks for the comments....

on gettin it dirty...so be it....for me the road dirt is a badge of honor...or fun!

sorry Ross...I forgot to get the shock specs...but I'll get em next time for certain...

Im so glad to see a part of my Sport in your car! Im very glad it worked and it sure looks like you guys are making great progress

old man mopar your car is great I cant see a single flaw anywhere on it you are definatly a true craftsman that duster is perfect. Any chance you want to tackle mine next ? lol

Old Man Mopar your car is great. I can't see a single flaw anywhere on it.
You are definatly a true craftsman. That Duster is perfect. Any chance
you want to tackle mine next ? lol
Actually it's HemiDenny's car. I'm just his brother/picture taker/poster.

Ask him - He might. What part of Ohio are you in?

Floyd....talked to Brewers and the parts/assembly got shipped to my old address in WV by their mistake on the 19th...they sent out another immediamente' and I already have the tracking #....probably see it Tues after the Holiday

Have a great 4th...and thank you to all that serve and have served for our continued independence!

Denny

Hemidart528...'bout those Longhorns games...ever hear of Urban Meyer?...might be sooner than you think....I've got my fingers crossed

Meyers first (College level) head coach job was at a small MAC school in NW Ohio....now..where was it at ..oh yeah..BGSU in Bowling Green.....I think I got to see every home and some away games...he wins...will runup the score (no layin' down) and it's exciting.........if Ohio State can get him...lookout!

Hey Denny what spring rate are you running on the Varishocks ? Im about ready to order and what to make sure my numbers are accurate. Thanks Ross.......... Again, the car looks freakin' killer !!!!!

I think I have 2 sets of springs that were tried and shelved. If your going to the Nat's let me know I'll throw them in the trunk...........

Floyd....talked to Brewers and the parts/assembly got shipped to my old address in WV by their mistake on the 19th...they sent out another immediamente' and I already have the tracking #....probably see it Tues after the Holiday

Have a great 4th...and thank you to all that serve and have served for our continued independence!

Denny

Denny
No worries on the stuff, ill be knee deep in the trunk in a few minutes. You and you family have a great 4th! I am very blessed to have friends such as you Findlay boys, enjoy the 4th, a break and have a cold drink!

Mark...I think the sring rate Ross needs is for the rear coilovers...I threw away the box....so I will look up the invoice

Floyd...no worries...but no breaks....only after I get the Duster done...deadline...the Nats

Mark...I think the sring rate Ross needs is for the rear coilovers...I threw away the box....so I will look up the invoice

Floyd...no worries...but no breaks....only after I get the Duster done...deadline...the Nats

I believe the springs that were with the varishocks I sold Mark were 170's but not 100 percent so when I hear numbers like 350 I start to question my numbers, I've read about 175/350 progressive rate but I believe with a 10" spring that might be possible or nessesssary, also I think I set the 71' rear Mark has was set up for 13" shock ride height.

mine was a wild a$$ guess...been too long ago to remember for certain....

I will look it up

-
Back