A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
how ya doin Brother Mark...been able to get back to the hotrod(s)?

I think DR. HEMI meant NEW silver Duster pics....but we are running low on stock...maybe after the holoday there will be some new ones

too bad your not closer...I have some time after maybe 10:30pm till 6am...minus a little shut-eye that is

the Duster started out as a street car (383/4-speed/ Dana/12" slicks) but got a little wild for that...so we added the "Missle'' scheme...by then the real "Missle" had been legislated out by NHRA and Carlton had moved on to the altered Colts....

it was fun and a hobby....kept us out of trouble....but no big success as far as racing goes.....even as a bracket car it wasn't the hot set-up. I realized quickly that it needed help...14x32's w/ ladder bars...durable low revin' big block w/ auto....

John / Denny; how did you guys do
racing that Duster? win many races, any nationals?
KenJ

PS John have you heard from Ed(Max Wedge)? how's he doin'?

Hi Ken. We just experimented with that Duster for a couple of years
at a couple of AHRA tracks (old class Formula 2 C/HR). Ran it until the
engine broke a rod and about sawed itself in half. Removed the lettering
and put mufflers on it with a warmed over 383 and Denny drove it a
couple of times but the leaf-link wasn't too street friendly.

Remember that this was 74-76 and the high performance street scene
was in limbo. Sold the Duster and the black Hemi Roadrunner to a guy
named Roger Green from Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Always wondered what
happenned to those cars.

I haven't heard a word from Ed. with the accident and the closing of
Bill and Rita's store that area's been very quite. I'll ask Paul again; he
emails me regularly.

Note to all: Ken is a friend from another forum (diecast) as well as a
fan of this stuff.

Denny, Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• mmi[2].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 651349026_2328854886_0[1].jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 651349270_2328855406_0[1].jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 665
Actually it's HemiDenny's car. I'm just his brother/picture taker/poster.

Ask him - He might. What part of Ohio are you in?
oops i must have missed that part in here somewhere either way that is a flawless build . im outside toledo bout an hour from findlay. I was being sarcastic about him doing mine Im lucky enough right now to be able to put $30 a week aside for anything Id never be able to afford a build like his lol

well unless hes rich and generous and wants to fund it as well lol ill be happy if i can ever afford to even get it driveable and looking good enough to be a 50 50 car (looks good from 50 ft at 50mph)lol. mine needs quarters floor pans trunk extensions rear frame rails plus probably stuff i dont even know about yet lol .

hey...whats all the talk about $$$......the advice is free.....and around here you get your moneys worth!!!!

my younger brother...Dave...has the green 440 Duster...but no computer/screen name

EXTRA EXTRA
Figure I'd jump on here and spill the beans... looks like the orange car won't participate in the big grudge match race after all. Does Mark have to forfeit his stake??? Denny, you should give him a call. Interesting! Did he chicken out??? Jimmy B, looks like your bud is going through with the deal. He seems like a good guy! Big Blue probably headed to the Nats! all kinda news... all hittin' da fan. WOW! I'm headed to Carlisle, yinz guyz can work it out... Mark- HOCKEY SCORE! all good, thanks dude! -db

I'm tryin' to get my arms around all of this news.

Is it:

Jim's friend is buying Marks Duster and Mark will have the blue Demon
done for the Nats???

Soon, Mark's refurbished bathroom will be open to the general public?

The Pub is selling pizzas with "H E M I" spelled out in pepperoni?

What's the news man! Did Timmy fall down the well???

Hey Denny,
Hate to sound like a broken record but How does 170lb springs for the rear sound.....I called Bill at RMS and he recommended 170-180 lb for street/strip and 225 lb for road course.....since I value your experience and quality workmanship what's your opinion

Also........ what Hotel are you guys staying at for the mopar Nats ?

I'm tryin' to get my arms around all of this news.

Is it:

Jim's friend is buying Marks Duster and Mark will have the blue Demon
done for the Nats???

Soon, Mark's refurbished bathroom will be open to the general public?

The Pub is selling pizzas with "H E M I" spelled out in pepperoni?

What's the news man! Did Timmy fall down the well???

Looks like Yes, and Demon won't be done. The Blue crew cab may show.
Never open to the public.
I like the Hemi pepperoni idea myself!
It was a mine, not a well Lassie. (The Buoys)

Trapped in a mine that had caved in
And everyone knows the only ones left
Were Joe and me and Tim
When they broke through to pull us free
The only ones left to tell the tale
Were Joe and me

Ross...sorry for the delay on the spring rate...but since I bought the shocks I have moved my car stuff 3 or 4 times...lost count....you are probably right on the shocks specs
did you put any kind of angle to them or are they mounted straight up and down?....naturually when you angle them it takes a little stiffer spring...

I've talked to Mark on the sale of his Duster....just buddies BS'n....I can relate....no second guessing when I sold the green Duster...swore off building anything else...yea...right ....that lasted about a week .....and Marks got plenty of Mopar bodies/motors and vision for the next build....I say...Mopar to him!

Ross...we are staying at a now Holiday Inn Express(name change since last year...but same management)...was a Marriot or Comfort Inn located the first exit east of the Brice Road exit on I-70...I think its the RT 250 exit....has a great back way to RT 40 the National Trail Raceway is on.

Bullitt...did you eat my mule Timothy?

Mark...forfeit??...last I talked to him he said he was trying to loose some weight...maybe he now thinks the 5K is a runnin race?....

Hungry as hell no food to eat
And Joe said that he would sell his soul
For just a piece of meat
Water enough to drink for two
And Joe said to me, "I'll have a swig
And then there's some for you."

Timothy, Timothy, Joe was looking at you
Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do?

I must have blacked out just around then
'Cause the very next thing that I could see
Was the light of the day again
My stomach was full as it could be