All my electrical woes.

-
Redfish has a kit to convert to a solid state limiter that you can buy or have him convert your gauge.

Yep, If the gauges need repair I can help there too. I think everyone here knows that their happy moparing is my only goal. Enough said.

A faulty blower motor could very well have caused the overheating we found in the wire harness. In fact, since the radio fused side wasn't even in use and the tach wasn't connected there either,, the heater blower was the only draw on that wire. Hope this helps

Found it! After all that, I was tracing current today and things just didn't add up. I seemed to have connectivity at all the plugs and connections when I had the current off, but discovered no voltage to the black wire at the fuse box from the battery. Long story short, found a female pin for the black wire not making contact outbound from the steering column. Had to look really close, but it appears to have gotten hot and wasn't making good contact. I crimped it a bit with a small screwdriver and now everything has power! So one last question, I plan to replace all the connectors at the steering column. Is there a place to find duplicates of what is there(been looking online and have not found them), or do most people just get generic connectors to rewire them?

Thanks to all who helped me on this. I was pretty concerned about being able to fix this myself, but with your help I learned a LOT about the electrical system.

If just one of the wires in that connector need attention, suitable male female terminals could be installed outside that original connector.
I must advise you to check the blower motor. We know the load on that wire was excessive before. Propely wiring the radio and tach increased that load.
Happy moparing

-
Back