Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
I have a 1982 Centaur pinball machine, I LOVE IT. :D

So, you got a full blown 'man cave'? Any other cool goodies?

I'd like to set one up with posters, banners, diecast, a projector, my HO scale drag strip, the full sized christmas tree, etc... Ideally though, I'd just like to move out of this town and set up at the farm.

Last edited:

I'd like to set one up with posters, banners, diecast, a projector, my HO scale drag strip, the full sized christmas tree, etc... Ideally though, I'd just like to move out of this town and set up at the farm.

Always wanted that " vintage man cave".. Seriously, my shop was set to keep,& live in @ 462 a month. Stuff happens, my family shown up...

I realize that the law allows the use of hand signals but the only ones I saw had nothing to do with turning.

[...]

One thing that usually annoys me is the glare of headlights in my rear view mirror when driving at night. It isn't much of an issue in Iowa. They tailgate so close that you can't see their lights. If my rear bumper wasn't fairly pristine I'd have shut the truck off and let myself be pushed across the state. - Think of the $$ I could have saved on gas!

[...]

The machine was in the guy's garage. When I entered I noticed that he had several more arcade games. Just for the heck of it I asked if he wanted to sell any others. I was directed towards an older pinball machine. It was built in 1962. Although it looked beat up it was fully functional. Teresa told me she remembered playing one similar to it when she was young. I tested it out and the gameplay was pretty lame. - Not a lot of targets, bells, or whistles. They'd had it for quite awhile and couldn't get anyone to buy it. They came down on price far enough that I decided to take it off their hands. Teresa should have slapped me on the side of the head and brought me to my senses. Oh well. What's done is done.

*giggle*

So congrats on the double arcade game setup. I'd say you're pretty close to a proper man cave now.

Pics on the oldie? Old pinball machine, that is.

Close. Basement room with my "cars", car nick nacks, over head projector, pinball, xbox 360, ps3, soon to be xbox1 w/ forza 6!!! Racing seats and steering wheels for the games. On the big screen, games are awesome!!! :burnout:

Always wanted that " vintage man cave".. Seriously, my shop was set to keep,& live in @ 462 a month. Stuff happens, my family shown up...

I've seen pictures of a lot of garages that look like 'man caves'. Mine usually looks more like cluttered junk. Every time I get it half way cleaned up I stuff another project inside. - Mess on top of mess. LOL.

Last edited:

So congrats on the double arcade game setup. I'd say you're pretty close to a proper man cave now.

Pics on the oldie? Old pinball machine, that is.

I haven't put it back together yet. I'm waiting for someone to give me a hand wrestling it down to the basement. The older machine weighs a heck of a lot more than the newer one. I found some images online of that model. Mine looks a lot more beat up. The paint is pretty chipped up and some of it is flaked off of the back glass. I'm tempted to do a re-paint and change the theme.

If I got new glass and made a pattern off of the old one I could give it a MOPAR theme. I know I don't need another project but the idea is tempting.

dscf4083-copier-475d762-jpg.jpg

hqdefault-jpg.jpg

I could see having all sorts of Dusters, 'Cudas, Challengers, Roadrunners, Chargers, etc painted on the wooden sides of the main body. As long as I reproduce the areas on the back glass that show scoring and which player is up, I should be able to change the rest of the background.

swing_along_6-jpg.jpg

View attachment dscf4083-copier--475d762.jpg

View attachment hqdefault.jpg

View attachment swing_along_6.jpg

Last edited:
Close. Basement room with my "cars", car nick nacks, over head projector, pinball, xbox 360, ps3, soon to be xbox1 w/ forza 6!!! Racing seats and steering wheels for the games. On the big screen, games are awesome!!! :burnout:

Over 15 years ago I used to throw LAN parties at the farm. We'd network anywhere from 6 to 20 computers together I had 3 computers of my own that were set up with Logitech & Microsoft steering wheels. We ran NASCAR Racing, NASCAR LEGENDS, Dirt Track Racing and several other driving games. Most of the guys were into war gaming but I was able to get them to indulge me now and then with the driving titles.

As cool as some of the driving sims may be to play, it really steps up the feeling of reality when the other vehicles are controlled by human opponents. The NASCAR Racing games allowed you to design & paint your car exactly how you wanted it to be. It made it especially satisfying to pass or 'nudge' someone else when in a pack of folks you know. In NASCAR LEGENDS you could run Chargers, Roadrunners, Superbirds, Daytonas, Torinos, Talledegas, Cyclones, Chevelles, etc... The biggest screen I ran on back then was a 24". It seemed huge but I've always wanted to setup multiple projectors with those sims now.

Last edited:
I did some internet searching for ideas on pinball themes to use if I do modify the older one I bought. - Still not sure if I want to tackle it but I did find a few cool pics that give me something to think about.

I've always liked the old Roth RAT FINK paraphernalia. It's so 'old school'.

monthly_11_2014-4612388e7d42b1f5f62985e1657fd043-rat_fink_flyer_web-jpg.jpg

monthly_05_2015-b5da6581a16210a30499ec385016a5f0-rat-fink-jpg.jpg

It would have been cool to have found one of these NITRO GROUND SHAKER machines. I did some checking into them and was disappointed that they didn't replace the usual bells & whistles with car sounds.

ngs-bg2-jpg.jpg

dsfiles-img-14898-1292136918-jpg.jpg

This would look awesome on the sides!

151486995707-jpg.jpg

I give it my thumbs up!

nascar_dirtdaytona-vadapt-620-high-10-jpg.jpg

View attachment monthly_11_2014-4612388e7d42b1f5f62985e1657fd043-rat_fink_flyer_web.jpg

View attachment ngs-bg2.jpg

View attachment monthly_05_2015-b5da6581a16210a30499ec385016a5f0-rat-fink.jpg

View attachment dsfiles-img-14898-1292136918.jpg

View attachment 151486995707.jpg

View attachment NASCAR_DirtDaytona.vadapt.620.high.10.jpg

Last edited:
I did some internet searching for ideas on pinball themes to use if I do modify the older one I bought. - Still not sure if I want to tackle it but I did find a few cool pics that give me something to think about.

I've always liked the old Roth RAT FINK paraphernalia. It's so 'old school'.

View attachment 1714856032

View attachment 1714856034

It would have been cool to have found one of these NITRO GROUND SHAKER machines. I did some checking into them and was disappointed that they didn't replace the usual bells & whistles with car sounds.

View attachment 1714856033

View attachment 1714856035

This would look awesome on the sides!

View attachment 1714856036

I give it my thumbs up!

View attachment 1714856037

Both are badass man cave worthy.. Never knew the Rothster & R.F. was a pinball machine,theme. That Bally's Funny Car layout,ain't no slouch either...

Both are badass man cave worthy.. Never knew the Rothster & R.F. was a pinball machine,theme. That Bally's Funny Car layout,ain't no slouch either...

I found the RAT FINK image when doing a Google search. From what I can find out it's not a REAL pinball machine. Someone has been trying to create a VP (virtual pinball) game. I assume it's for the computer.

[ame]

Last edited:
I never know what to expect when I check out your thread, John. :D

That's the problem with ADHD. I never seem to stay focused on one topic at a time. :banghead: I never know what to expect I will post either! LOL.

Last edited:
You really should be in bed now.

I hit the sack right after that last post of mine. There always seems to be something on my mind that prevents me from falling asleep. Either that or I've got things that I feel I have to get done that keep me up late working. I spent the majority of my life working overnights so I'm more likely to give in to the concept of staying up when I can't sleep.

I think I'm developing a compulsive personality. Once I bought that first pinball machine, it was probably inevitable that I'd buy the second one. The internet is a blessing but it can be a curse too. I found one of those NITRO GROUND SHAKER pinball machines for sale online. The intelligent thing to do would be to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well". But instead I keep thinking that I should find a way to afford going to get it. :banghead:

SUMMIT Racing sent me one of their latest 'Genuine HOTROD Hardware Inc.' catalogs the other day. I couldn't help but notice this wall clock.

capture-jpg.jpg

It's available in two sizes. The larger one (26"x26") would sure look cool in a man cave!

View attachment Capture.jpg

Last edited:
I hit the sack right after that last post of mine. There always seems to be something on my mind that prevents me from falling asleep. Either that or I've got things that I feel I have to get done that keep me up late working. I spent the majority of my life working overnights so I'm more likely to give in to the concept of staying up when I can't sleep.

I think I'm developing a compulsive personality. Once I bought that first pinball machine, it was probably inevitable that I'd buy the second one. The internet is a blessing but it can be a curse too. I found one of those NITRO GROUND SHAKER pinball machines for sale online. The intelligent thing to do would be to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well". But instead I keep thinking that I should find a way to afford going to get it. :banghead:

SUMMIT Racing sent me one of their latest 'Genuine HOTROD Hardware Inc.' catalogs the other day. I couldn't help but notice this wall clock.

View attachment 1714856218

It's available in two sizes. The larger one (26"x26") would sure look cool in a man cave!

I like it, John.. What's Scummit's retail,on that bad boy?

I like it, John.. What's Scummit's retail,on that bad boy?

They're awfully high on them. The smaller one (14"x13") is $39.97 & the larger (26"x26") is $84.97. I found a seller on eBay that has the larger ones priced at $68.45 + $8.50 shipping. Summit wants an additional $9.95 for their shipping but will ship free on orders over $100.

Last edited:
They're awfully high on them. The smaller one (14"x13") is $39.97 & the larger (26"x26") is $84.97. I found a seller on eBay that has the larger ones priced at $68.45 + $8.50 shipping. Summit wants an additional $9.95 for their shipping but will ship free on orders over $100.

So you order two. Problem solved.

Btw, men with big clocks have poor eyesight.

So you order two. Problem solved.

I have enough of a problem convincing Teresa I need one. If I were to buy two it would probably create a bigger problem. Maybe she'll cut me some slack. - After all, I did just buy her a pinball machine. Then again, I did sell the old black truck to swing that deal.

Last edited:
Well I haven't seen much of that, but you do collect a lot of stuff.

By the time you get to be as old as the hills you're bound to have collected a bunch of junk. Someday you may see me featured on one of those 'hoarder' programs on TV. They'll be tossing my stuff into the back of a dumpster as I bawl my eyes out. :crybaby:

Last edited:
-
Back