Best weapon for Concealed Carry advise

-
Yep. Parts swap meets are good though.

Only ones I like are Pomona and Woodley park mopar flings. The cherry auction used to be good , up in fresno.

They've petered out in this area. Last one I went to was several years ago at Commerce with @Bighead440 and it was slack that year. Now it's even worse.....especially now that the NHRA has sold the track at Commerce. I haven't read what's to become of it anywhere yet. It probably won't be a track anymore, I feel sure.

They've petered out in this area. Last one I went to was several years ago at Commerce with @Bighead440 and it was slack that year. Now it's even worse.....especially now that the NHRA has sold the track at Commerce. I haven't read what's to become of it anywhere yet. It probably won't be a track anymore, I feel sure.
Unfortunately... that's the trend.

What doesn't die out ..is choked to death by our hateful progressive politicians

I got Kitty a similar one years ago. It was the .357 Airlite. VERY light. TOO light. It had way too much recoil for her and hurt her hand. It's gone now. lol
Those Airlights are nice. You loaded it up with light .38 Special for Kitty?

Oh yeah. It was a little better, but she still couldn't do it.
The .38 was my wife's, she did ok with it. Now she's got a Glock 19. It's hilarious to watch her fire it. Kind of like the tail wagging the dog. She loves it tho... she bangs em out as fast as she can and always comes back for more ammo smiling.

M&P Shield EZ. 9mm for me, .380 for the Mrs. Hers is robin egg blue, mine is black. Bothshoot well

@RustyRatRod my girl had the same problem with the airweight style revolvers. They’re just too light and recoil heavy. Puts rounds all over the place in a less than heavy hand. She decided on a ruger sp101 and likes it much better. .357, 38special it really makes no difference what you shoot out of it. Nice little revolver.

Revolvers? I like revolvers, newly crowned North Dakota State Champion in Gunfighter class. We shoot pistol in each hand at multiple targets simultaneously. Tuned colt Single actions

87CBEA36-B35B-434C-A4CB-71F8ED7A5812.jpeg

Oh yeah. It was a little better, but she still couldn't do it.
Rusty check out the Ruger LCR in .22 Mag my wife loves hers, easy on the recoil and very accurate. I would not what to get hit with a .22 Mag. The favored caliber by many professional deer poachers in this area.

Glock G43: single stack 9mm.
20210723_165148.jpg

Or if you want more rounds, the
Sig P365,
Sig running a blue dot promo if you happen to be a First responder.
Screenshot_20210723-164816_Message+.jpg

View attachment 1715769785

sounds like there is a story there?

I was delivering pizza last year during the shutdown (Ironically, for more gun money), and a couple guys that ordered delivery got bent that it wasn't on time (The ONLY pizza place in town, and the only delivery in town, during a shutdown....)

They came down to the store, as I was getting in the car to leave with a back seat full of pies. One held my car door so I couldn't close it, the other demanded his pizza over the door. After the third warning to leave me alone and let me go....they mutually agreed that it was a good idea to leave me alone and let me go.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fih1.redbubble.net%2Fimage.270501685.5488%2Fsticker%2C375x360-bg%2Cffffff.u1.png

A few yrs back, a disgruntled ex employee walked in a chicken place in Tulsa, emptied a 380 semi auto twice , did not kill a sole !

He probably should have tried that in a fish place, might have got better results.

i carry a taurus pt-111 9mm. 12 rd clip and 15 rd b/u. shoots good. never misfired yet. next 1 will be as above a s&w.

I am at a quandry why a lot of yall carry such high dollar weapons....other than the bragging rights. You can get a quality weapon without spending 750 bucks. My point is, if you have to kill a ****, your weapon is going to get confiscated and most likely will not be returned. Something to think about.

I am at a quandry why a lot of yall carry such high dollar weapons....other than the bragging rights. You can get a quality weapon without spending 750 bucks. My point is, if you have to kill a ****, your weapon is going to get confiscated and most likely will not be returned. Something to think about.

It’s more about feel...you know...the purchase that your hand makes on the weapon. The tool should be an extension of your hand and you should really be able to point and shoot it.

It’s my opinion that you are better off to spend more for a weapon you feel comfortable with, that you will carry every day just like your wallet or watch and that you are willing to spend the trigger time developing your skills with it.

If the purchase is uncomfortable, if it is cumbersome and bulky to carry and if it’s miserable to shoot you’ll find yourself unarmed most of the time. And that defeats the purpose of it doesn’t it.

Also, if you aren’t sure or don’t know, you need to learn how to draw the weapon from the holster and get it on target and double tap that target. Handgun stopping power in the real world is abysmal.

One training scenario I use is 4 paper plate targets about 7 yards down range, spread out at a reasonable distance. Then I draw and double tap each target. If you can get two hits on the plate at that distance, you can call yourself proficient with a hand gun. You can move the targets further away, but be aware that in some states if the target is more than about 7 yards out it can’t be considered self defense.

You just can’t practice enough. There are some very good and very poor training videos out there. I have probably 12 on DVD and I refer to them to use different drills for different skills.

Once you start shooting different weapons it will be much easier to know what is best for you. An FYI. Unless S&W has done some trigger updates on the SV line (which are Glock copies for the most part) they have a 15 plus pound trigger pull. You can tune them up for a fine trigger pull. The powers that be at S&W screwed that weapon up because they thought anyone buying a weapon like that would want a double action 15 plus pull, but I hate it. It is easily remedied.

Just random thoughts.

It’s more about feel...you know...the purchase that your hand makes on the weapon. The tool should be an extension of your hand and you should really be able to point and shoot it.

It’s my opinion that you are better off to spend more for a weapon you feel comfortable with, that you will carry every day just like your wallet or watch and that you are willing to spend the trigger time developing your skills with it.

If the purchase is uncomfortable, if it is cumbersome and bulky to carry and if it’s miserable to shoot you’ll find yourself unarmed most of the time. And that defeats the purpose of it doesn’t it.

Also, if you aren’t sure or don’t know, you need to learn how to draw the weapon from the holster and get it on target and double tap that target. Handgun stopping power in the real world is abysmal.

One training scenario I use is 4 paper plate targets about 7 yards down range, spread out at a reasonable distance. Then I draw and double tap each target. If you can get two hits on the plate at that distance, you can call yourself proficient with a hand gun. You can move the targets further away, but be aware that in some states if the target is more than about 7 yards out it can’t be considered self defense.

You just can’t practice enough. There are some very good and very poor training videos out there. I have probably 12 on DVD and I refer to them to use different drills for different skills.

Once you start shooting different weapons it will be much easier to know what is best for you. An FYI. Unless S&W has done some trigger updates on the SV line (which are Glock copies for the most part) they have a 15 plus pound trigger pull. You can tune them up for a fine trigger pull. The powers that be at S&W screwed that weapon up because they thought anyone buying a weapon like that would want a double action 15 plus pull, but I hate it. It is easily remedied.

Just random thoughts.

I agree, but there's also that balance between feeling good and feeling good with something that might basically be "legally stolen" by law enforcement and the courts. There's always a middle ground. Everything's a compromise as they say.

Revolvers? I like revolvers, newly crowned North Dakota State Champion in Gunfighter class. We shoot pistol in each hand at multiple targets simultaneously. Tuned colt Single actions

View attachment 1715770082
I bet you're good enough to quick draw and pop someone between the eyeballs with one shot.
Me it takes two, but they come out quick. only one if it's center mass.

We’re all on a MOPAR website, too, and we know those damn things aren’t cheap! Maybe it shows the quality that we all have grown to appreciate in what our interests are!!!!

I like concealability with minimal printing.
The Best defense is the gun that nobody can see.
The less bulky guns are usually more expensive.
:elmer:

-
Back