Busting Him Out of the Clink

-
DRENO! He knows what you teach him! Rotties are like clay.....But,,,You must be a good and consistent owner. :) This goes for any pet owner. Be the boss without being abusive and TRAIN them to know what to do in any situation.

Honest to goodness, these dogs may save my life in the long run. Literally. I walk now at 5:00-5:30 am every morning. Not my dogs choice.. no BS.

2 miles every day and I'm still fat lol. :toothy10:

Maybe change that walk to a run. Your a lucky man and Cheryl your a lucky lady.Hopefully my day will come,trying to stay patient.8)

They will be your most loyal companion.....I walk w/ a group of neighbors every morning around 6am for about 2 miles. It's the best feeling :love7:

Ain't she a beauty! Sigh!

rhodesian_ridgeback_h02.jpg

rhodesian_ridgeback_h02.jpg

Maybe change that walk to a run. Your a lucky man and Cheryl your a lucky lady.Hopefully my day will come,trying to stay patient.8)

Take your time.... A dog will be a part of your heart over time and it may not happen overnight.

Here's a song that just may make you understand a dog's point of veiw after being captured with a belly full of garbage, his/her neck festering with grooves from non-attentive owners, maggots and kennel cough.

I realize it's a commitment.I'm up for that.Can you tell me that the rewards outweigh the efforts.I bet you can.

Absolutely Dave!!! We have 3 kids and 3 big dogs. It feels like we have 6 kids and we wouldn't have it any other way.:cheers:

My gal and I just moved in together. She has two sheperds and a cat. I have two cats and a cattle dog. It's the fricken Brady bunch. Love it.

Absolutely Dave!!! We have 3 kids and 3 big dogs. It feels like we have 6 kids and we wouldn't have it any other way.:cheers:

Geez,3 dogs! Maybe some day I will see them Bill.i think you said you're down near the Misery.I go there a couple times a week to see my Mom. Maybe stop by some day. See ya tomorrow if your comin.8) BTW one dog is enough.:-D

Geez,3 dogs! Maybe some day I will see them Bill.i think you said you're down near the Misery.I go there a couple times a week to see my Mom. Maybe stop by some day. See ya tomorrow if your comin.8) BTW one dog is enough.:-D

Here's few pics:

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0116_3.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Thanks for the call Joe.....

Today was very busy and a whirlwind of emotions from us and the little guy. :grommit:We did a "meet & greet" w/ our female in the neighbor's yard w/ a couple of cold ones. :) This little 10 pound male was dang near attacking my 40 pound female. :boxing:

After about an hour or so of "poke", "no", "*#@+", they settled down and we came home. The little guy is in his crate and seems quite content. :happy3:

The surgery unfortunately had some kind of woops and he is quite swollen and bruised in a very tough area for a male. But, I have meds for that.

Thanks very much everyone for the posts, and just want to let you all know, the jury is still out on his name. ;)

It's a very good thing you did rescueing him and all Cheryl. We just had Jake at the Vet's getting his manhoods removed 2 weeks ago and I don't know what they told you about the swelling. My Vet told me that with a dog Jakes size, if the swelling gets any larger than a large grape and stays that way for more that 2 days bring him back and have him looked at, it could be a bleeder. Jake really didn't swell up at all and after 3 days what there was was gone.

Merlin was cut the day I got him and never chewed on his stitches.... Swelling is not good. Irratation is normal.

I have a bag of frozen blueberries on his swelling now. Something happened w/ his surgery and his "package" is quite swollen. :sad8: The shelter gave me a supervisor's phone # for Monday morning :cry:

No worries though.....I have already been in touch w/ our regular Vet and he said to call w/ any concerns and prescribed meds for pain and swelling right now.....not on Monday! :-D

Thanks Terry.....Jake looks quite abused.....just like ours....LOL...... :toothy7:

I have a bag of frozen blueberries on his swelling now. Something happened w/ his surgery and his "package" is quite swollen. :sad8: The shelter gave me a supervisor's phone # for Monday morning :cry:

No worries though.....I have already been in touch w/ our regular Vet and he said to call w/ any concerns and prescribed meds for pain and swelling right now.....not on Monday! :-D

Thanks Terry.....Jake looks quite abused.....just like ours....LOL...... :toothy7:

Sounds like you got the problem under control, Right On! Got any left over painkillers for the little guy?

Thanks everyone for your help. This little guy is nameless no more!! :bootysha:

Sitting there behind bars, he looks like a Joliet Jake to me.

Cracked me up w/ this one.....:sign5:

uhm, i think his name should be HEMI!! and he's a cute doggy

Actually Mike, we had a cat named Hemi, so that was already used, but thanks for the thought!

That's the breed of our other dog, so could get a bit confusing :rolleyes:. Thanks

We should have a "New Pup Party" tonight and sling a few back, maybe post a bunch of doggie related songs. :-D

You know me, any excuse to knock one back on the weekend. :eek:ccasion:
That was a nice party for the pup ramcharger.....Thx

you better lock him up I am on my way to get him.:toothy10:

Over my dead body. I probably shouldn't say that, but oh well. :wink:

I'd call him BAIT. He looks like coyote bait to me. He sure is good looking. Congrats!

I really am worried about that. I am hoping he will bond w/ my female and become her shadow :) . Thanks

He is so cute. There is nothing better than rescuing a dog from the pound. We didn't rescue him from the pound but Lex is a rescue dog. He came to me one night. He got into the fence and everytime I put him outside the fence he would bark and howl. I just couldn't let him stay out there. He was skinny and his eye was messed up. Now look at him. Good luck with the dog. I like the name 6 pack. You could call him 6 for short. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks and great story on your rescue of Lex. Actually, 6pk was on the short list of names, but we thought too many would relate it to beer...LOL :-\"

-
Back