Buzzin Half Dozen

-
OK,got the 8 3/4 swapped into the Dart this weekend !!! Another step closer !!! 4:10's ought to make this puppy scoot a little easier down the road !!!!:happy2:

Greg doesn't have his Mopar buisness anymore ??

Not sure on that. I haven't talked to him for a long time. He quit hanging out at Moparts and advertising there. Last time I had contact with him I ordered a poly tranny mount for my stalled 833OD swap.

I got off track with my car projects. I had a career switch, marriage and divorce, had to get my CDL and run over the road for a year and a half.

And no, I didn't marry that hot red head you saw me with!

Well,while changing out the rear ends from 7.25 to 8.75,couldn't help but decide to replace the original brake lines ('cause Lord knows they needed it),so I just ordered some SS ones for it !!! While I was at it, I also ordered a New Gas Line too !! May be a bit overkill,but I went with a 1/2" line just to make sure my engine doesn't starve for food !!:D I really do think that some day I will get it all together !!

Cause it's complete overkill. lol

No... "overkill" is doing something like sticking a 727 behind a normally-aspirated slant six. A half-inch fuel line will do nothing to reduce performance. Who knows; someday he may decide to build a really fast runner out of this thing and apply the forced induction magic to it, and he'll already have most of his fuel system assembled in a way that is compatable with a boosted motor. For now, though I agree, it's not going to do anything for his performance, one way or another...

Didn't say it was gonna hurt performance Bill. I said it was overkill. SOrta like puttin a Dana 60 in a 4 cylinder car. Although that would hurt performance. lol

Look at the Bottom pic,anyone recognize this Lancer ??

SCAN0059.jpg

Whay year is this at Garlit's? Are you going this year?

Or, a 727 in a normally-aspirated slant 6 car that you want to go fast in...

I ain't sure the slant EVER needed a 727. I don't know why it was ever done even in trucks and vans. I still want on though. Just to say "hay, yall check this out...."

Cause it's complete overkill. lol

There are a lot of aspects to this build that fit the OVERKILL idea !! SS brake lines,SS 1/2" fuel line 727 Tranny,Gear Vendors OD,sub frame connectors,Oil pan stud kit,3 sets of headers and intakes,$ 1K worth of Rocky Mountain Gauge Cluster w/Autometer Lunar Series Gauges,and Lord knows what else !! I just prefer to do things differently,that's all !!:banghead::banghead:

There are a lot of aspects to this build that fit the OVERKILL idea !! SS brake lines,SS 1/2" fuel line 727 Tranny,Gear Vendors OD,sub frame connectors,Oil pan stud kit,3 sets of headers and intakes,$ 1K worth of Rocky Mountain Gauge Cluster w/Autometer Lunar Series Gauges,and Lord knows what else !! I just prefer to do things differently,that's all !!:banghead::banghead:

I'm the same way. I like doin stuff different too. Nuffin wrong with that. We want pics though.

I still want one though. Just to say "hay, y'all; check this out...."

Why would you want to advertise the fact that you deliberately put a transmission into your car that slowed it down something on the order of .15-sec, or more (compared with a 904?) (It will.)

That is, unless you didn't care how quick it was... and you obviously do, or you wouldn't have spent your hard-earned cash on that gorgeous, great-flowing, ported and polished cylinder head...:-k

I didnt say I was gonna put it in anything, dummy. I was thinkin about a coffee table.

Why would you want to advertise the fact that you deliberately put a transmission into your car that slowed it down something on the order of .15-sec, or more (compared with a 904?) (It will.)

That is, unless you didn't care how quick it was... and you obviously do, or you wouldn't have spent your hard-earned cash on that gorgeous, great-flowing, ported and polished cylinder head...:-k

No... "overkill" is doing something like sticking a 727 behind a normally-aspirated slant six. A half-inch fuel line will do nothing to reduce performance. Who knows; someday he may decide to build a really fast runner out of this thing and apply the forced induction magic to it, and he'll already have most of his fuel system assembled in a way that is compatable with a boosted motor. For now, though I agree, it's not going to do anything for his performance, one way or another...

Actually,the 727 was used so I could mate the Gear Vendors OD unit on !!! They don't put the OD on the 904's !!

i was gonna make my aluminum slant into a coffee table... ended up selling it though... i miss it lol...

oh and i got my quote for the headers... 150 to have them blasted, and coated inside and out... SWEET!

Actually,the 727 was used so I could mate the Gear Vendors OD unit on !!! They don't put the OD on the 904's !!

Well,. that's a really good excuse; an overdrive in NICE!!!

Did you ask them why they don't make an overdrive for the 904?

Also. I think they need to make an overdrive unit for people who would like a 30-percent overdrive ratio. Some folks want to have a really significant drop in rpm's when the OD kicks in. The 22-percent that the GV unit offers is more of a "gear splitter" in its function, for people who are towing, and need a gear between 2nd and 3rd in a 3-speed T-FLITE for long grades. The 22-percent RPM drop from 3,600 to 2,800 is okay, but a 30-percent OD would drop that to a more-comfortable 2,500 from 3,600...

They (GV) have never offered anything like that. The only way to get that much OD ratio, is to butcher your floorboards big time. and install a 518... something most folks don't want to tackle. I don't either...

I think GV is missing a considerable market here.

But, what do I know??? Not much...:violent1:

i was gonna make my aluminum slant into a coffee table... ended up selling it though... i miss it lol...

oh and i got my quote for the headers... 150 to have them blasted, and coated inside and out... SWEET!

Leanna has informed me that she can do color HiTemp Coatings !!

yea i asked her and she said it was very expensive... besides... its only about 45 mins away...

LMAO!!! You must have a Lear Jet.

And Dennis, though I did mention that I can do high temp ceramics, I believe I also mentioned to you privately that I don't advertise it. I've got my hands full here with the regular cosmetic coatings and am getting some trim restoration jobs in here too. I can barely keep up guys. But it's because of you that it's like that, and I'm not complaining!

-
Back