CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Did not realize the junk yard wagon was so identical to yours . . . you gotta parts car!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8oBpuU6nKc&feature=related"]Instant Karma- John Lennon - YouTube[/ame]
LOL!:grin:
I'll be visiting the lil red wagon from the last junk yard for pass headlight trim, drip rail trim above drivers door etc today! (And everything else it needs hopefully!) We didn't even know at the time we would be comming back for a total parts needed straiffing run!!

Karma, aint it a rush, I mean really!!!:glasses7:

Did not realize the junk yard wagon was so identical to yours . . . you gotta parts car!!

LOL!:D

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
Missed a day, missed a whole bunch-O-shiznit!

I'm off to the junk yard! My parts car is still there!
(Already started restorations this morning!):happy6:

Cool wagon!!!!!!!! I've always had a soft spot for F-body wagons. That grill alone is worth a small fortune, be very very careful while working around the front of the engine cause those grills are very fragile. Yep I loves me some f-bodies.....I have had more than these just the only pics I have on my computer.

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 017_14A-1.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 019_16A.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 375
What an awesome find.... always like the that body style in a wagon...

Pretty FREEKIN COOL DUDE, now ya gotta Super Six Slanty.....Lets RACE!!!! LOL Great find buddy I'll have to see this one.
Brad

Still looking for chapter 41.

I need 1-3 mini vans between this past Mon and 2 weeks from now!:blob:
Tax season is soon. You could stick a chain saw motor on an old BBQ grill, call it a car, and it will sell in no time flat this time a year as long as the price is under $2K.:glasses7:

I've noticed the auctions have been slowing in the amount of units available to public and the prices on used under 2 thousand is going up by 200-600 dollars on these same used cars.

Auction today 45 miles away with only 1 mini van and less than 50 total units. This past summer it would be 150 units selling at cheaper prices. There would be 6-15 mini vans then too.

Will I go? Probibly, but I got one close to Yard Dawgs place that I should look at and YD has 2 tires for me to pick up for the windstar. that might be a better use of my time....
On the other hand, my $200.00 membership at manheim auto auctions is just about over. it only was good for 6 months entry fee. I still have not bought anything there due to prices too high. Everything sells for over what I consider fair market value in my area.

Scrap prices on complete junk cars just went down in our area.

Another auction on Sat morn and one later that evening too.

Chapter 41 soon I hope!:coffee2:

The wagon restore on "FMJ only" has been deleted.
Restore not deleted, just FMJ publishing and membership.

I now publish on FABO ONLY!
So I guess I'll hide the wagon work.

I am sorry for any FABO members time I waisted by having you look/register over there.
MY BAD.
Please forgive me.
John.:cool:

The wagon restore on "FMJ only" has been deleted.
Restore not deleted, just FMJ publishing and membership.

I now publish on FABO ONLY!
So I guess I'll hide the wagon work.

I am sorry for any FABO members time I waisted by having you look/register over there.
MY BAD.
Please forgive me.
John.:cool:

I'm sure nobody would object to an F body restore thread here. There's an M body with a Hemi here, as well as a truck.

I'm sure nobody would object to an F body restore thread here. There's an M body with a Hemi here, as well as a truck.

Well, I'm probibly not posting it. I have been accused of being too "Lookie Me" due to cutsie verbage boxes in pics and having a thread where all I do is look for cars to buy, (this thread) again crying out "Lookie Me!"

In the restore threads of mine, all I was trying to do is have some fun, show young guns and members like me with low or no money how to try to maintin their hobby/lifestyle, by trying to do stuff on their own. Heck for that matter, there are people out there like us, who only have an A Bodies to drive every day. It was just here recently we finally got something else to drive in winter. The time it takes to publish is about 30% of the restore. It's faster if I don't publish.

This thread though was more just for fun and entertainment.

Anyway 70DartMike, I thank you for saying but it's just not an A Body.

Really just reflecting on ramping down all publishing activities right now.:-(

I felt a little like I was stalking you, signing up over there. :axe::axe:

HA HA!
Now that's funny!
Signing up over there made me fell kinda icky deep inside too!:toothy5:
I needed that chuckle neilskiw!
Have a great day today sir!:cheers:
John.:D

I have been accused of being too "Lookie Me" due to cutsie verbage boxes in pics and having a thread where all I do is look for cars to buy, (this thread) again crying out "Lookie Me!"

Really just reflecting on ramping down all publishing activities right now.:-(

Hogwash! Wow some people really are miserable if they have nothing better to do than criticize a fellow enthusiast's threads. Don't pay them no mind! Just keep doing what you're doing cuz we like Car Hunt and your flair for verbiage.

Hogwash! Wow some people really are miserable if they have nothing better to do than criticize a fellow enthusiast's threads. Don't pay them no mind! Just keep doing what you're doing cuz we like Car Hunt and your flair for verbiage.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!! I hate to say that I don't come to FABO much lately (not much, or ANY for that matter, work going on my Dart now), but I ALWAYS make time to come and keep up on Car Hunt. This thread is ALWAYS worth coming and spending a little time with. It's informative, insightful, and FUNNY. I love the captions with Vinny and Lex. I was very disappointed when the thread went quiet for a while. Without any updates I don't think I came to FABO for a whole month.

I want you to know that there are some of us that absolutely cherish this thread. Forget those that decry your work. They are nothing but jealous of the attention you receive from your FANTASTIC work. Thanks.

John,
I really hope you don't ramp down your publishing and your posts, they are great! I know many people here enjoy them. Forget about the people over on FMJ bodies, one thing I have learned in my life is not everybody can get along. So they have their own website and can run it the way they see fit. Your welcome over here and I personally look forward to your posts. I am a DIY as well, and my project right now is a fox body Mustang. I know I dare not post a build thread here about that, but I enjoy seeing how you tackle problems and get these cars into great looking drivers again. I learn a few things on the way and can use those techniques on my build. So in other words PLEASE KEEP CAR HUNT GOING!!!!!! If the people over at FMJ bodies or here for that matter don't like your posts, then its real easy for them to just ignore them and go about their day. For the people that enjoy them they are a real good source for info, and I for one like your style of writing.

Again I hope you continue to post, I also hope we get a build thread going on the wagon. I think its a great car and will definately be cool when your done with it. I will post the same in Lumps thread as I enjoy that thread as well.

Hope you keep on what you do!

Dan

I for one would hate to see your threads go away...I enjoy the stories and the cars A-Body or not...

This thread is always a good read. Sort of like "reality" thread. I have no problem with watching you acquire and work on anything. In fact, a couple of years ago I started my G-Body resto thread, and took some flack for it. Think I'll update it now and show you some solidarity!

Grant

I think its crap that someone would give you a hard way to go by what you are posting. Its entertainment and also motivates us other poor people that we dont have Barret Jackson money but can still have fun with old cars. Keep on posting. :worthles:

John i hear ya on FMJ but just ignore them and keep us updated.

-
Back