CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
any mopar is welcome here IMO, please tell us your mopar story, I enjoyed watching you repair your other cars and the car hunts you went on, would miss seeing your thread

john i always look forward to seeing all of your postings,when did't post i lost something too look forward too when logging on.i don't post offen due to poor spelling & typeing on my part.but i'm hear every day looking at posting.also want to know how you made out on the two geo.

It looks unanimous! You must forge on here John!
Don't let others get you down; this thread has A LOT of fans,
think of us rather than the guys over on FMJbodies.

ME ME ME ME, ummm, cough cough clear throat, MEMEMEME, Now then BRING IT ALL BACK HERE!!! DO IT HERE, what ever IT is may as well do IT here rite? LOL come on John talk about a FREEKIN TEASE!!! show us pics make us join then tell us your gonna STOP!!! damn that takes me back to High School and the girls they had back in the day, wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MORE!!! :) SO NOW BRING BACK THE CAR **** OR WE ALL ARE COMING TO YOU HOUSE and GONNA HOSE YOU DOWN sand and buff nip and tuck a little angle hair here a little bondo there and ABB wont recognise you anymore, and ya don't want that so bring it on huchy momma, Oh that would be Huchy daddy "Or would IT" LOL come on John LOL
Brad

ME ME ME ME, ummm, cough cough clear throat, MEMEMEME, Now then BRING IT ALL BACK HERE!!! DO IT HERE, what ever IT is may as well do IT here rite? LOL come on John talk about a FREEKIN TEASE!!! show us pics make us join then tell us your gonna STOP!!! damn that takes me back to High School and the girls they had back in the day, wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MORE!!! :) SO NOW BRING BACK THE CAR **** OR WE ALL ARE COMING TO YOU HOUSE and GONNA HOSE YOU DOWN sand and buff nip and tuck a little angle hair here a little bondo there and ABB wont recognise you anymore, and ya don't want that so bring it on huchy momma, Oh that would be Huchy daddy "Or would IT" LOL come on John LOL
Brad
LMAO Brad

John,
Please keep the drum beating here on my favorite thread "Car Hunt"!!!!
Your Mopar Brother,
Tom

Just keep it going and no one will get hurt. There is no requirement to to tune in. Any nay sayers can click on thread tools be on their lonely way.

Can you imagine how much work you'd get done if all your fans had to call you up and bend your ear on the phone about your project updates? You'd never have time to get any work done. You'd need more minutes on your cell phone. Some of us are in different time zonez. Heck... you'd never get any sleep !!!

No response required. Now then, back to work, young man. You've got a Duster AND a wagon to put back together, and a Geo and a car hauler, and a loyal fan base to maintain. :salute:

Thanks Popdart......BUT I MENT IT JOHN QUIT HIDING!!! WE WILL FIND YOU!!!
Brad

John, gotta get mt CAR HUNT fix. You can't stop now! I think poeple here would like to see thw wagon fixed up and posted on here. You found it here on CAR HUNT so you need to fix it here. Word:glasses7:

There are talks of chapter 41, 1964 V-8 Auto Barracuda.

I want to take a moment to set the record straight. I didn’t leave FMJ due to it being a bad site. I left due to allot of misunderstanding on my part, a whole lot of misunderstanding on their part too. I left FMJ because people were angered at me for sticking up for a good dude over there. I meant no harm but I stepped on sore toes before that happened. When ABB and I signed on with our current screen names not knowing any better, I even used my current avatar. I thought it was easier on me for typing and easier for friends to find us and our wagon. It was not intended as a poke in the eye of FMJ or anyone else. We are not like that. I would never go around pissing people off for the heck of it.
There are allot of good members at FMJ and it is a well formatted site like this one. We thought Hey! A sister site we can go to with our wagon and be welcomed. There are always a few bad apples anywhere.
Those were 3 strikes against us right there and I hadn’t realized what I had done yet.
It seems at one time from what I can gather is that there were some members here that must have taken allot of flack from other members here about their cars not being A Bodies on the site. Long story short FMJ was born. The only mod there now was one of the guys that were getting grief over his car before he went to FMJ. So, (now this is all speculation on my part trying to figure out what the heck happened) He was probably still sore from what had happened before the split. I think I can see his side of it now and why he was treating us not so nice.
Then while all that was boiling in the background, I stood up for someone wondering if his type of auto could be included there. The reason I didn’t suggest on FABO was the question was not asked here on FABO it was asked of me there on their PM system. The person PM’d me there and asked why his auto couldn’t be included. I didn’t know so I suggested he ask the mod there or Joey. So I guess instead of bothering Joey, that was when he started a thread with the question that we all NOW know pissed allot of people off. That must have been the last straw for mod. So a few mean answers to our questions. Add to that a few members with smart assed comments, and ABB and I left the building.
After leaving, the mod deleted all our threads, and then started his own thread about us leaving so everyone there had a place they could go to publically flog and humiliate us which is going on there right now.
I can’t speak for others involved but ABB and I won’t ever be back over there again no matter how much they want me to come back and face more of the torture. That brings me to the reason I’m writing this. I have been followed back over to FABO’s PM system and told that I should go back over there and face the blame.
WHATEVER! I’m to blame, the mod is to blame, and all other parties involved are all to blame. It was all a huge misunderstanding and I for one am sorry any of it happened. That’s all the blame I intend on accepting. If the members there want to read my public confession they can copy this, take it back over there with them and post it on the yard arm, I don’t give a flying hoot any more. I need to spend time trying to make a living and live life to the best of my abilities. I always try to see the other person’s side. I think that is what helped me get into this mess in the first place.
Now, once and for all, I will NOT BEAT THIS DEAD HORSE AGAIN, no matter how hurt other people’s feelings are. It’s over, it’s in the past, move on, live life, be respectful of others.
As far as I am concerned, I’m over it, moving on. Not accepting any more blame or punishment or PM’s about it! If anyone writes to me about it, I will not respond to any comments or questions regarding this matter in the future.
ABB? Leave her out of it. She had nothing to do with it. DO NOT PM HER ABOUT IT OR ME ANYMORE FOR THAT MATTER! Direct anything she may have done, who knows what, but that can revert back to me instead and we now know I’m past all of it (See Above). She's done with ALL of it and NOT accepting PM's!!!!
Mods don’t get paid for their time? Well neither do the publishers on FABO. Without people like me caring enough to take all the time and effort needed to publish, there wouldn’t be a moderator’s job to volunteer for! Think about that before you edit or delete post or change content!

So I guess I’m also saying it would probably be better if you are going there or any other site, with a car of yours, it’s probably best to change your screen names and not mention you are form here. If you go in new as a stranger I’m sure FMJ would be fine. Go to sites that support your autos.
That ends our public punishment. Anything else about it? Save yourself the time of typing, it won't be addressed again.

I am sorry too for all the serious discussion here when this thread is supposed to be for entertainment ONLY! I hope everyone was entertained. I wasn't, but had nowhere else to post this. I also didn't want to smear the whole site for what was just bad karma all around. (Hence "Deleted due to bad karma)
64dart170

PS: Again, Chapter 41, 1964 Barracuda Was original V-8 Auto car. Now has a 318 in it. We are in contact with each other. I have seen pics from a phone cam, it aint pretty. Needs total restore. Good news? Yard Dawg already has a parts car for me too!

Hopefully we can continue having fun here (for us, FABO ONLY, no other sites, only on CAR HUNT or own restore threads) with everyone on FABO. I just hope overall in the big picture, the smoke clears and the fires are out.
Can't we all just get along little doggy?:glasses7:

Keep up the good work John, and to hell with what other people think.
I really like this thread, and don't want to see it die!

Screw the other site. You BELONG here. I for one don't care if you start a restoration thread on a Chevy here. I would still follow it and not say one negative word. The quality of your writing and enjoyment of your travels and adventures is priceless.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming..

Where's those crappy cell phone pics?

Grant

There are talks of chapter 41, 1964 V-8 Auto Barracuda.

I want to take a moment to set the record straight. I didn’t leave FMJ due to it being a bad site. I left due to allot of misunderstanding on my part, a whole lot of misunderstanding on their part too. I left FMJ because people were angered at me for sticking up for a good dude over there. I meant no harm but I stepped on sore toes before that happened. When ABB and I signed on with our current screen names not knowing any better, I even used my current avatar. I thought it was easier on me for typing and easier for friends to find us and our wagon. It was not intended as a poke in the eye of FMJ or anyone else. We are not like that. I would never go around pissing people off for the heck of it.
There are allot of good members at FMJ and it is a well formatted site like this one. We thought Hey! A sister site we can go to with our wagon and be welcomed. There are always a few bad apples anywhere.
Those were 3 strikes against us right there and I hadn’t realized what I had done yet.
It seems at one time from what I can gather is that there were some members here that must have taken allot of flack from other members here about their cars not being A Bodies on the site. Long story short FMJ was born. The only mod there now was one of the guys that were getting grief over his car before he went to FMJ. So, (now this is all speculation on my part trying to figure out what the heck happened) He was probably still sore from what had happened before the split. I think I can see his side of it now and why he was treating us not so nice.
Then while all that was boiling in the background, I stood up for someone wondering if his type of auto could be included there. The reason I didn’t suggest on FABO was the question was not asked here on FABO it was asked of me there on their PM system. The person PM’d me there and asked why his auto couldn’t be included. I didn’t know so I suggested he ask the mod there or Joey. So I guess instead of bothering Joey, that was when he started a thread with the question that we all NOW know pissed allot of people off. That must have been the last straw for mod. So a few mean answers to our questions. Add to that a few members with smart assed comments, and ABB and I left the building.
After leaving, the mod deleted all our threads, and then started his own thread about us leaving so everyone there had a place they could go to publically flog and humiliate us which is going on there right now.
I can’t speak for others involved but ABB and I won’t ever be back over there again no matter how much they want me to come back and face more of the torture. That brings me to the reason I’m writing this. I have been followed back over to FABO’s PM system and told that I should go back over there and face the blame.
WHATEVER! I’m to blame, the mod is to blame, and all other parties involved are all to blame. It was all a huge misunderstanding and I for one am sorry any of it happened. That’s all the blame I intend on accepting. If the members there want to read my public confession they can copy this, take it back over there with them and post it on the yard arm, I don’t give a flying hoot any more. I need to spend time trying to make a living and live life to the best of my abilities. I always try to see the other person’s side. I think that is what helped me get into this mess in the first place.
Now, once and for all, I will NOT BEAT THIS DEAD HORSE AGAIN, no matter how hurt other people’s feelings are. It’s over, it’s in the past, move on, live life, be respectful of others.
As far as I am concerned, I’m over it, moving on. Not accepting any more blame or punishment or PM’s about it! If anyone writes to me about it, I will not respond to any comments or questions regarding this matter in the future.
ABB? Leave her out of it. She had nothing to do with it. DO NOT PM HER ABOUT IT OR ME ANYMORE FOR THAT MATTER! Direct anything she may have done, who knows what, but that can revert back to me instead and we now know I’m past all of it (See Above). She's done with ALL of it and NOT accepting PM's!!!!
Mods don’t get paid for their time? Well neither do the publishers on FABO. Without people like me caring enough to take all the time and effort needed to publish, there wouldn’t be a moderator’s job to volunteer for! Think about that before you edit or delete post or change content!

So I guess I’m also saying it would probably be better if you are going there or any other site, with a car of yours, it’s probably best to change your screen names and not mention you are form here. If you go in new as a stranger I’m sure FMJ would be fine. Go to sites that support your autos.
That ends our public punishment. Anything else about it? Save yourself the time of typing, it won't be addressed again.

I am sorry too for all the serious discussion here when this thread is supposed to be for entertainment ONLY! I hope everyone was entertained. I wasn't, but had nowhere else to post this. I also didn't want to smear the whole site for what was just bad karma all around. (Hence "Deleted due to bad karma)
64dart170

PS: Again, Chapter 41, 1964 Barracuda Was original V-8 Auto car. Now has a 318 in it. We are in contact with each other. I have seen pics from a phone cam, it aint pretty. Needs total restore. Good news? Yard Dawg already has a parts car for me too!

Hopefully we can continue having fun here (for us, FABO ONLY, no other sites, only on CAR HUNT or own restore threads) with everyone on FABO. I just hope overall in the big picture, the smoke clears and the fires are out.
Can't we all just get along little doggy?:glasses7:
Your issue is with another site, why bring it here?? At any rate, this is only YOUR side of the story and there IS always the OTHER side. As to your Moderator comments, well firstly I did not volunteer and I seriously, and I do mean seriously doubt that FABO would cease to exist if YOU chose not to be a member here. You folks want to gang rape me over these comments go right ahead, but before you do ask yourself 2 questions, do you know the OTHER side of the story? Not 64dart170's version but the version from all other parties involved? And the second being if 64dart170 were to walk away from FABO would you??

Recently someone reported my above post for there not being an attack on any FABO mods. No where did I say there was, I as just merely pointing out that Mods, as far as I know of, any of Joeys sites DO NOT volunteer, we are asked. The statement I am referencing is
"Mods don’t get paid for their time? Well neither do the publishers on FABO. Without people like me caring enough to take all the time and effort needed to publish, there wouldn’t be a moderator’s job to volunteer for!"
Which leads into my other statement that FABO will go on if this member choses to leave......

To Quote the late great John Lennon:

Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

An idealistic song indeed, but it still puts a smile on my face and a little belief in my heart.

Quote from John:::::Mods don’t get paid for their time? Well neither do the publishers on FABO. Without people like me caring enough to take all the time and effort needed to publish, there wouldn’t be a moderator’s job to volunteer for! Think about that before you edit or delete post or change content!

I want to say BS to this part of the post in question. Seems a little self serving to say that baby sitting "publishers" on FABO is all we do here. Further that without Johns work we would have nothing to do. I can say right now that knowone that's left FABO has even caused a ripple. I have also availed myself to "ALL" the back and forth posts at FMJ and conclude that yes there is another side to this story. What I would recommend happen is that all further FMJ bashing stop right now and everyone get back to the subject at hand, that being enjoying and talking about your A Bodies, or any other mopar for that matter. Everyone can get over of it and get on with it.

:glasses7:I need some info, John help!!!
I am glad I have not put the carpet in yet :thumrigh:

This thread has made many days turn to better ones as I watch and read :blob:

Your Thankful and happy friend on the hill looking forward to your return and enjoy another day. Mike, and family :wav:

Attachments

• New shop build 080.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 354
:glasses7:I need some info, John help!!!
I am glad I have not put the carpet in yet :thumrigh:

This thread has made many days turn to better ones as I watch and read :blob:

Your Thankful and happy friend on the hill looking forward to your return and enjoy another day. Mike, and family :wav:

Hay memike!
I would try febreeze on fabrics and cloth headliners. Deoderizing soap and water on rest of surfaces.
I have good luck with Dawn and a bit of Tide liguid in really hot water. Then a clean towel to dry off surfaces. the towel drying will drag the tar and dirt off into the towell. So use one not being used in the bathroom! LOL
Water should be as hot as you can stand with playtex gloves on.
Have a great day today memike!
I hope everything is alright with you and your family.
John.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming..

Where's those crappy cell phone pics?

Grant

Hey grant,
I'll try to see if these pics will post.....

There was a valiant that was with it. However the present owners took the good parts off the valiant, the hood is on the car and the rest of the good parts from the valiant goes with the car. I think the original hood to the car is not there, I may be wrong. they scrapped the shell of the valiant though.
I think they got everything off of it before scrapping. I think I remember about him saying comes with the grill and all the other parts worth having from it + the car too!

If anyone else here on the thread is interested in the car, I can supply you with the needed info to purchase. We are on the fence with it. ABB said I had too many projects now. I have to fix one before I can buy another not running. PM me if anybody wants the guys number. he seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Located west of Indy off 74 bout an hour out of town.
John

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 2a.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 3a.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 4a.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 5a.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 328
Brad

HA HA!!!
Brad your funny!:iconbigg:

-
Back