CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Sorry Daisy didn't work out for you. Well, you'll have more fun fixing up the Duster for ABB and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you did the work yourself.

10-4 on the work done myself.
I have alot of pride in my crappy restore style. Cheap and easy while driving! Nothing like getting awarded at a show with a car you only have 2 grand in and 4 doors to boot! LOL:D

I did have fun with Daisy last show season. Went to six shows, some with just me and the car (No ABB). The nicest thing was cruzing with the AC on! The poor car never got the respect it deserved and I was VERY paranoid about driving/working on/storing due to me trying to preserve history instead of enjoying the car to it's fullest. We were blessed to have owned it a short time. I have never or will probibly ever see another original Abody in that good of condition with less than 40k miles.
So we had fun for a year, needed money bad, sold for more than we paid with only gas and wiper bushings for expenses.:cheers:

Was way too nice a car for my liking. Don't mind nice cars that have been redone well but was way too close to the dealer showroom in condition. It always raised concerns over too good to be true, so she never got respected, just picked over with a fine tooth comb from anyone looking at her.

One door closes, another opens. (The bills got paid too:cheers:)

Nobody knows how to dicker anymore!!!!!! I've noticed that more and more lately. I price things I'm selling with a little "wiggle" room you know, then people that come and look at them either walk away or pay full price (which isn't always a bad thing.) BUT, it sure would be nice if more people learned the "art of the deal" from their parents or grandparents.

I always price knowing I'm going to get dickered. Usually about $300 over what I want on a car $2K or less.
On the windstar though it was a friend and neighbor who asked what my bottom dollar was, and I told them. I then stuck to my guns. It was my bottom dollar!! We are still driving it everywhere! I'm driving it into Cinti. today for an auto auction. If I buy something I'll come home and get FOTO. Wouldn't sell it now for less than $2200.00! LOL:D

John, Congratulations on the sale of Daisy. Parting is always such sweet sorrow but coming from a Duster maniac, You will Love your Duster!!!!! Best of luck on the restoration and best wishes for you and your family in 2012. Say HI to ABB!!!

Thanks!
Totally stoked on the Duster. Good thing I still got that 73 for parts!:D
Happy New Year to you and your family too!
John:coffee2:

My contribution to car hunt. Name this car I found last night while traveling to a new neighborhood behind a ministry I was visiting. Does it have potential?

T-Bird:glasses7:
Would have to look closer to be sure but some potential there.

T-Bird:glasses7:
Would have to look closer to be sure but some potential there.
You beat me to it, John. Looks like a '64. Potential, maybe, but a tough sell. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in those big birds. There's one near me for sale for about $4000. About 30,000 original miles and rust free except for some minor bubbling in the quarters. A survivor that really looks good, but it has been for sale for a few years now and he just can't sell it.

Glad the bills are paid and your spirits are better John ,even though we have never met in person I feel like you are a long time friend and enjoy readings of your life and stories even when I read 2 years worth in like 6 hours LOL keep on keeping on ,I can relate to nothing coming easy like I have heard you say in the past Just his way of making us tougher I assume. Wishing you and AB a great 2012 and look forward to more reading pleasures soon. Your internet buddy Frank :burnout:

You beat me to it, John. Looks like a '64. Potential, maybe, but a tough sell. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in those big birds. There's one near me for sale for about $4000. About 30,000 original miles and rust free except for some minor bubbling in the quarters. A survivor that really looks good, but it has been for sale for a few years now and he just can't sell it.

ABB and I like em!
Some day if I fell froggy enough and the price is right, we would jump on one!:blob:

Glad the bills are paid and your spirits are better John ,even though we have never met in person I feel like you are a long time friend and enjoy readings of your life and stories even when I read 2 years worth in like 6 hours LOL keep on keeping on ,I can relate to nothing coming easy like I have heard you say in the past Just his way of making us tougher I assume. Wishing you and AB a great 2012 and look forward to more reading pleasures soon. Your internet buddy Frank :burnout:

Thanks Frank!
Back at ya bud!!:cheers:
I hope you waisted those 6 hours reading my grief on a rainy cold day and not a sunny one! LOL
Feel free to drop in anytime!

Hey John, Welcome to the Duster family and you have my permission to smack the first person that calls it a ;
Nova
Omega
Ventura.....or
Apollo
(notice how the first letter of each car spells out Nova?)

Attachments

• my duster at mmw.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 374
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrmtySpO3Fs"]The Strokes - Last Nite (VHQ) - YouTube[/ame]

That's right!

Last night....
She said....
To give a call.....
on that wagon yall...

Another possible "fake" edition of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
Chapter #40 being worked on as we type this copy!!!

What???
No Freekin Way!!!
Chapter 40 of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:?
So soon after The 70 Duster??!!!!
Yeahup, U betcha!!
Wooo Hoooo!!
All the negotiation team here at
is working round the clock to bring you the next chapter in the on going saga we here at FABO know as

LOL:D

DANG IT!! I told you guys not to leak the story of it being a mopar wagon!!:banghead:
When I tell my staff on the low low, that's exactly what I mean!!!

HEADS WILL ROLL!!! (LOL:happy6:)

Well, I guess the cat wagon is out of the bag now!

Ah hem..
Tune in next time on this same web channel for chapter 40 of

Hey John, Welcome to the Duster family and you have my permission to smack the first person that calls it a ;
Nova
Omega
Ventura.....or
Apollo
(notice how the first letter of each car spells out Nova?)

Thanks holmes!:cheers:
I am really looking foward toward the Nova comments due to me being a Nova owner in 79! Jezz what a POS that thing was! LOL

Let us know when our 74 swinger (Daisy) pops up at a dealer in your area soon!
I might be comming through your area today or tomorrow!
Have a great day today!

Thanks holmes!:cheers:
I am really looking foward toward the Nova comments due to me being a Nova owner in 79! Jezz what a POS that thing was! LOL

Let us know when our 74 swinger (Daisy) pops up at a dealer in your area soon!
I might be comming through your area today or tomorrow!
Have a great day today!
Which dealer would that be?

Which dealer would that be?

Not sure, exact dealer was not told to me.
All that was said it was heading to indy to a dealer up there.
I would think it would be surfacing up there soon unless the dealer keeps it for themselves.

Hope I get to drive through Indy in the next 24-48 hours though!:glasses7:

Not many Dodge dealers left in the area since the Government made some dealers shut down, never understood why Palmer Dodge had to shut down since they were one of largest volume dealers in the USA... well I guess it was all politics.

Be careful on the roads today the weather is calling for freezing rain and snow later this afternoon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE&ob=av2e"]Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby - YouTube[/ame]

Chapter 40 "The Wagon", of
has been postponed due to Ice Ice Baby!:blob:

Also, the guy that owns the wagon won't be off work again till this comming Thursday (1.26.12). We could still loose the sale to a local buyer but I don't want to drive 3 hours 1 way to arrive at 3PM when he gets home from work. It makes for too long a day/trip for me, I would rather leave at 6AM to arrive at 9AM, then that would put me back before 1PM. The owner won't be off work again untill Thursday. So if no one else buys it B4 Wed. night it will be ours by 9AM on Thursday morning. If fate wants us to have it, it will still be there waiting for us on Thursday AM! If not, Oh well on to chapter 41 then, right!:cheers:

It's all good!
Stay tuned to this web channel for further developments.......:coffee2:
Here's a couple pics of the ice ice baby!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTJ_n9Oqs0"]Jim Carrey Ice Ice Baby - YouTube[/ame]

Wagons HO! Hopefully!:cheers:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kfi-DWUYM8"]The Wells Fargo Wagon - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrbc_0Pf10Q&feature=related"]Beastie Boys Intergalactic - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 360
  • 2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 352
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaT0s6Gx2FI"]MusicMan - YouTube[/ame]

That's right!
Chapter 40, "The Wells Fargo Wagon" is on for Tues 1.24.12, 11:30AM!:cheers:
Leaving Aurora, IN B4 Dawn.....Arriving back in Aurora with the "WF Wagon" approx 4PM!
Should be a good one with less than 40K Miles. I think it will be a great pick.
Any of you FABOs going with?
I think Yard Dawg is going with already!
(Has it really been 40 issues already??!!)

WAGON HO!
Yeah so what if I am!:D

Hey it's the Wells Fargo Wagon!! COOL!

I am in for the ride and cant wait to see what she looks like. Or is it a he? lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xmujSyxkU"]The Deadwood Stage from Calamity Jane (1953) - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!
The first one ABB named before it even got here!:tard:
Calamity Jane, the "Wells Fargo Wagon"
She's already showing it at the spring show, LOL

I can't wait!:glasses7:

Just be here, don't wait in FOTO. Yard Dawg is being contracted for the transport. I couldn't bear Ford on Dodge violence so we're going in his cummins. Dodge on Dodge better looking on the Highway. Besides the Cherry Bombs dumping behind the cab in FOTO is too much for 6 hours round trip! LOL8)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kfi-DWUYM8&feature=related"]The Wells Fargo Wagon - YouTube[/ame]

Chapter 40 of
is on it's way!!!

We are outta heah!!:cheers:
Leaving on a 3 hour tour....a 3 hour tour!:D
See yall soon right here on
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaT0s6Gx2FI&feature=player_embedded"]MusicMan - YouTube[/ame]

:blob:

If you see Mary Ann on that 3 hour tour tell her I said Hi. Ok Ginger too.
My Wagon.

Attachments

• DSCN0235.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 268
-
Back